Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1538950 times)

guest8

Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1225 on: January 20, 2011, 06:29:35 AM »
I agree with you guys as well .. these posters just arent doing it for me .. Which is good for me I promised to stop spending so much on prints! Especially coming off of that blitz sales of all those SW prints at the end of the year!!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1226 on: January 20, 2011, 10:15:30 AM »
Lord, I have about 15 Mondo tubes laying around. I need to get them unpacked and figure out which drops I missed! Must be getting old, can't remember for nothing.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1227 on: January 20, 2011, 10:48:32 AM »
Really it's good to see a little racial diversity in these posters too.  I get tired of seeing a bunch of "chalk"-asians on my posters all the time.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1228 on: January 20, 2011, 12:49:10 PM »
So, am I ass-backwards or what.  The one I decided to pick up is the one that hasn't sold out.  I just couldn't get around to liking this version of the turtles.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #1229 on: January 20, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »
So, am I ass-backwards or what.  The one I decided to pick up is the one that hasn't sold out.  I just couldn't get around to liking this version of the turtles.

The santa run should of been a run of 60 if that even. 200 was way overkill on that title.

guest8

« Reply #1230 on: January 20, 2011, 01:29:14 PM »
I just cant say Im a big fan of Bertmer's work .. He uses color nicely i just havent cared for much of anything he and mondo have put out .. And these Turtles posters just seem "blah" after Coopers ;)

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1231 on: January 20, 2011, 01:41:14 PM »
I imagine that Mondo is trying to adjust the numbers a bit so that the flipping is curtailed, at least somewhat?
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #1232 on: January 20, 2011, 01:44:05 PM »
Thr Dark Crystal i must say my wife adores.....
Purple is her fave colour..yep there is four colours...but come on the overall tone is Purple......
TMNT looks like an orgy scene.....

If i where a collector of these ..i would say  buy it soon as ... the Skeksis art is top quality.
For myself i would rather have the Dark Crystal Advance... Dreamy to say the least...

Stew

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1233 on: January 20, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »
Thr Dark Crystal i must say my wife adores.....
Purple is her fave colour..yep there is four colours...but come on the overall tone is Purple......
TMNT looks like an orgy scene.....

If i where a collector of these ..i would say  buy it soon as ... the Skeksis art is top quality.
For myself i would rather have the Dark Crystal Advance... Dreamy to say the least...

Stew

Yeah, I'm liking the Dark Crystal, but remember that it's a Cinema Overdrive release, not Alamo.  All the same, I think that the Dark Crystal is better than any of what Alamo put out today.  I'm glad to see them doing well.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #1234 on: January 20, 2011, 02:27:09 PM »
Hol...the differentials im not as clued up as you.
The overiding tone of any Skeksis scene within Dark crystal is Purple/Red/Amber  so it matches perfect for me...

I really like this one...

Stew
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:50:55 PM by stewart boyle »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1235 on: January 20, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »
Yeah, I'm liking the Dark Crystal, but remember that it's a Cinema Overdrive release, not Alamo.  All the same, I think that the Dark Crystal is better than any of what Alamo put out today.  I'm glad to see them doing well.

Precisely.  Whether it's from the Alamo, Cinema Overdrive or any other entity, a cool print is a cool print.  I agree that Dark Crystal is far better than Ninja Turtles.  But then again, Bertmer is one of the few Mondo artists I don't own a single piece from.  It's all personal, but his art doesn't do anything to me (kinda like Rich Kelly). 

What's a little tragic is that, if Dark Crystal, in its present form, had been a Mondo print, they would have printed 4 times the amount and sell out within seconds.  So there is something to say about the power that is Mondo.  I just hope someone else, Cinema Overdrive or another, emerges to give them a little competition.  It's always healthy.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Jonkino

« Reply #1236 on: January 20, 2011, 07:48:35 PM »
Can't understand why so may people don't like Bertmer's Santa Sangre - it's a really beautiful print. I love it and it's one of my favourite cult movies, and Jodorowski is one of my fave directors. I guess it is really because not enough people are familiar with the film. If that was for some mainstream horror movie people would have been clamoring for it like ants! It's one of the best Mondo has done for the last 6 months - apart of course from Stout's SWs. Anyway, that's just my humble opinion.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1237 on: January 20, 2011, 08:31:30 PM »
Great print just can't justify spending $55 (including shipping) on it when I could have bought this similar "real" movie poster for $4 last week on Ebay (forgot to bid):

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1238 on: January 20, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
 puke2

Sorry, that's me not liking it.  What the frak is that?
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Jonkino

« Reply #1239 on: January 20, 2011, 09:02:05 PM »
Great print just can't justify spending $55 (including shipping) on it when I could have bought this similar "real" movie poster for $4 last week on Ebay (forgot to bid):

But you wouldn't really have that really cheesy print Brazil on your wall would you? You'd have to be nuts!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1240 on: January 20, 2011, 09:13:21 PM »
puke2

Sorry, that's me not liking it.  What the frak is that?
I could say the same thing about your "Butt Numb A Thon" print!  :)

(Photo courtesy EatFrenchCheese.com)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1241 on: January 20, 2011, 09:20:03 PM »
I could say the same thing about your "Butt Numb A Thon" print!  :)

(Photo courtesy EatFrenchCheese.com)

Yes you could.  That is one shitty print.

:)
My Personal Collection

Karza

« Reply #1242 on: January 20, 2011, 09:28:32 PM »
picked up the regular Stout SW prints at Mondos this afternoon, so you guys should be getting them pretty soon. they are very very cool.   ;D ;D

« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 10:00:06 PM by Karza »

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #1243 on: January 21, 2011, 08:53:02 AM »
Can't understand why so may people don't like Bertmer's Santa Sangre - it's a really beautiful print. I love it and it's one of my favourite cult movies, and Jodorowski is one of my fave directors. I guess it is really because not enough people are familiar with the film. If that was for some mainstream horror movie people would have been clamoring for it like ants! It's one of the best Mondo has done for the last 6 months - apart of course from Stout's SWs. Anyway, that's just my humble opinion.

Santa Sangre is one of my very favorite films, but I have yet to like anything Bertmer has done and this is no exception.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1244 on: January 21, 2011, 10:49:50 PM »

I changed my mind and got it after seeing the shots of the actual poster.  

And the whole mentality of "if it doesn't sell out instantly it's bad" is silly.

The Teen Age Mutant Turtles?   gun2

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1245 on: January 25, 2011, 03:24:06 PM »
Hellboy posters are up this week.  Can't imagine wanting to frame yet alone own either one, but that is IMO, of course.

If they keep it up with the Florian Bertmer love affair they are having, it is going to be a cheap year for me on the Mondo front.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #1246 on: January 25, 2011, 03:40:13 PM »
Wish Taylor did Hellboy instead of 2, and I agree Bertmer I am no fan of. His art reminds me of Jonathan Luna's.

guest8

« Reply #1247 on: January 25, 2011, 05:59:58 PM »
I like this bertmer better than the others hes put out.. but seriously ?? Look at the facial features .. you cant even tell who they are!!

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #1248 on: January 25, 2011, 06:39:59 PM »
Ugh....that is one mistake after another.... mesmrized

Offline theartofmovieposters

• Collector
    • theartofmovieposters
« Reply #1249 on: January 26, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »
Was just looking at the complete list in the other thread and saw you don't have the print run on Bullitt by Stainboy...it was 130.

Ves