Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539189 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1125 on: December 31, 2010, 12:05:02 PM »
AND, after everything is sold out, they just NOW added a link to purchase the whole variant set.

We're human I guess, even the folks at Mondo.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1126 on: December 31, 2010, 12:05:36 PM »
for sale in the store.

That means not online.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1127 on: December 31, 2010, 12:06:14 PM »
sure it does........everyone with a speedy connection is on a level playing field, at the mercy of mondos servers. I am at the mercy of mondos servers AND my connection - close to dial up speed - so mine loads proportionally slower.  By the time I even got a set of the regulars loaded and to checkout, they were gone.

Eww, dial up.  I didn't realize it was that bad!  Sorry for your pain.  I'm fortunate to be on a Comcast 50Mbps connection.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1128 on: December 31, 2010, 12:06:44 PM »
That means not online.

Oh, no refresh button for a week then....

:o
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1129 on: December 31, 2010, 12:06:51 PM »
That said, I got a set of the regulars and the Star Wars variant.  Frankly, as long as you were around when they dropped I can't imagine not scoring a set... they were printed in an edition of 850!  Even the variant was 275.

Sorry schan, hope my post didn't come off as arrogant.  Mel told me these things usually sell out in 10 seconds so I felt like 30 seconds was a lifetime.  I do have the benefit of a stupid fast connection though...

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1130 on: December 31, 2010, 12:11:02 PM »
Hey boys!  Happy New Year!  

I snagged an ESB variant and the regular set.  The variants popped up out of nowhere.  I accidentally selected the ESB variant instead of the Star Wars variant. I knew I didn't have time to change so I just clicked through.  The gift card was the key in getting it I imagine.

I may be willing to trade for the ESB regular.  

P.S. I thing the Revenge variant will be the real winner in the long run.

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1131 on: December 31, 2010, 12:11:31 PM »
No biggie Harry, I am on satellite internet here.  Its all that is available, and its very bandwidth dependent (and very expensive, $70 a month).  This time of night, 930pm here, is not a good time since everyone is on the internet right now.  Back in Japan, I always had the advantage of a 100Mbps fiber optic connection.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1132 on: December 31, 2010, 12:13:13 PM »
27 regular sets and 4 variant sets already on eBay.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1133 on: December 31, 2010, 12:13:24 PM »
Def some interesting stuff.  Someone put a variant set up for $899.  It disappeared immediately, sold.  I bet someone purchased it, and then relisted it at double that or thereabouts.  Some of these things are going to get shipped to person one, unpacked, repacked, shipped to person two, unpacked and repacked, and shipped to person three.

Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #1134 on: December 31, 2010, 12:15:17 PM »
Def some interesting stuff.  Someone put a variant set up for $899.  It disappeared immediately, sold.  I bet someone purchased it, and then relisted it at double that or thereabouts.  Some of these things are going to get shipped to person one, unpacked, repacked, shipped to person two, unpacked and repacked, and shipped to person three.

Hopefully they use the tube Modo mailed it in

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1135 on: December 31, 2010, 12:18:37 PM »
Hopefully they use the tube Modo mailed it in

The only one I bought from a flipper was Lynch Pin Droid and the person repacked it.  I guess some people think it's a secret.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #1136 on: December 31, 2010, 12:21:37 PM »
So as mentioned, I'm a Mondo virgin... how long do these usually take to ship?

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1137 on: December 31, 2010, 12:24:36 PM »
2 weeks or so.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1138 on: December 31, 2010, 12:37:32 PM »
If I were running mondo, I'd click buy it now and place huge bids on all of them that are on ebay and then cancel the orders of those flipper douchebags (and never allow them to buy from mondo again) as soon as I got their info.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline stewart boyle

• Hoarder
« Reply #1139 on: December 31, 2010, 12:42:57 PM »
No biggie Harry, I am on satellite internet here.  Its all that is available, and its very bandwidth dependent (and very expensive, $70 a month).  This time of night, 930pm here, is not a good time since everyone is on the internet right now.  Back in Japan, I always had the advantage of a 100Mbps fiber optic connection.

jawdrop

That must surely be net time travel....

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1140 on: December 31, 2010, 12:57:58 PM »
If I were running mondo, I'd click buy it now and place huge bids on all of them that are on ebay and then cancel the orders of those flipper douchebags (and never allow them to buy from mondo again) as soon as I got their info.

Right?!  I bet they might at least bar them as purchasers, but I don't think Mondo can identify who they are via ebay can they?

At the same time, some would say it's within Mondo's interests to have such demand for their works that they go super high on the secondary market, immediately after sale.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #1141 on: December 31, 2010, 01:01:43 PM »
They can most definitely identify who they are when they get to the paypal page to pay for them.  But then some they wouldnt even have to.  Like say, the guy from Festus MO, or the one from Ivanhoe, NC.  I bet a lot of them they could nail down with simply a city.  Cancel the order, bar them from future orders, and then relist all of the reclaimed prints on their site a week later.
Schan
My Poster Gallery

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1142 on: December 31, 2010, 01:02:38 PM »
Thankful to score a regular set.  

Only variant I was really interested in was Revenge, and that seemed to sell out in like 20 sec.  That was actually the 1st one I saw.  I saw individual variant singles starting w. Jedi and going backwards to Star Wars.  Same with Regulars, then finally I saw the regular set.  I never saw a link to the variant set on the store page until after they were sold out 10 mins later. I saw Justin's tweet saying there were still variant sets left, and I was like WTF? How do I buy one?

I am just happy I was able to get at least a set for my collection.

I am glad this series is over and ended well from my perspective.  I still have a few pieces to pick up that I missed along the way, but all seem to be coming back to earth a little except the Moss. I am hopeful that will do so as well over time.

guest8

« Reply #1143 on: December 31, 2010, 01:23:13 PM »
It looks like I was able to get both Regular and Variant sets !  The way they put them up really helped me I believe .. So many people got scared and was buying all the singles up and I just waited .. I was able to buy and check out with the regular set before the variant set ever popped up !! Then the variants came up and immediate checkout and SCORE! this is my 1st major success with Mondo on a big drop like this one .. So Im happy :D

Karza

« Reply #1144 on: December 31, 2010, 02:12:54 PM »
Congrats Fallen after all your bad luck with Mondo recently I'm glad this paned out for you.

Have a happy New Year

guest8

« Reply #1145 on: December 31, 2010, 02:22:49 PM »
Thanks ;) Now on the flip side I do have ~$350 in Mondo Gift Cards!!! :P

Karza

« Reply #1146 on: December 31, 2010, 02:32:01 PM »
I think the Universal Monster series will take care of that

guest8

« Reply #1147 on: December 31, 2010, 02:39:36 PM »
LOL .. Yes Im sure it will .. and apparently I was mistaken .. my final order mix up took some of my GC and some from my CC .. Thats odd .. I may only have a $100 GC left .. Im going to start digging to be sure I didnt get over charged here !! :-o

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1148 on: December 31, 2010, 02:41:48 PM »
Well I'm a cheeseball flipper I guess. I sold my "extra" ESB regular for $300.  I opted for the 10% charity option and Ebay keeps 12% and I paid $55 for it (including pro-rated shipping), so that's a profit of about $180.  Of course, looking at the global perspective I spent $26,195 on posters/frames this year, so I just got a 0.6% rebate.  Awesome!!!

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1149 on: December 31, 2010, 03:15:45 PM »
You're ok because you didn't buy with that intent.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery