Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539143 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1075 on: December 17, 2010, 07:27:44 PM »
These are the first Alamo posters I am tempted to buy.
The art is cool and the addition of logos and credits is excellent.
Unfortunately, the timing is all wrong.
I'm tapped buying Christmas presents for my kids. Priority one.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1076 on: December 17, 2010, 07:32:14 PM »
I like all three - they definitely have saved the best for last - and two more to go before the end of the year....

Karza

« Reply #1077 on: December 20, 2010, 12:20:11 PM »
+1 on the set  ;D

guest8

« Reply #1078 on: December 20, 2010, 12:22:29 PM »
Same here .. I had a scare though .. I was going to use a CC this time because PP messed up on me last drop .. And it gave me an error saying my card couldnt be charged .. So I rapidly started the PP process and to my good fortune I was able to get through alright .. :D

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1079 on: December 20, 2010, 12:25:29 PM »
No luck. I added to cart. viewed cart to checkout, and by the time the cart loaded, it was gone.

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1080 on: December 20, 2010, 12:27:16 PM »
Mondo's site sucks.  I was first there and first to click through and then got buried in the traffic.  I could not get pages to work after that and could not even access my cart.

The ultimate insult is to see the flippers who got theirs ok and then list them immediately on ebay for 350 and 400 a set.  It's a little out of control.

Just saw Mondo retweet this message from a user "Aswesome prints from an artist, stupid fucks in charge of selling them.  Thanks for the random time."  I couldn't agree more.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 12:48:37 PM by holiday »
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1081 on: December 20, 2010, 12:52:38 PM »
PS.  One set sold at BIN for 385. A second set for BIN $450.  Now they're listed up to $1150 BIN with people bidding a set up to nearly $500.

Is there something wrong with this, or am I just being disgruntled?  I'm seriously considering giving up pursuing any of these from now on if the system that Mondo uses to sell them does not change.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

guest8

« Reply #1082 on: December 20, 2010, 03:50:12 PM »
Ive sang the same song as you Holiday .. and I have to say its prolly just being disgruntled.. No matter what Mondo does people will flip if theres a chance to make money for nothing .. And honestly when I saw these selling for over $1k I thought about it .. But I decided not to .. Im silly like that sometimes the pictures are worth more than $$ ;) Now patience comes in to play .. Im sure in a month or so the prices will have settled to where a serious collector can buy them with out being out an obscene amount .. Lets be careful what we ask for too .. I see these references to "lottery" sales or other crazy random distributions .. At least the way it is now I know I have a little control over if I get them or not .. In a lottery theres no way to even try ...

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #1083 on: December 20, 2010, 05:46:57 PM »

guest8

« Reply #1084 on: December 20, 2010, 07:12:48 PM »
It looks like theres a black version too ..

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1085 on: December 20, 2010, 11:13:21 PM »
Think it was pretty much an easy guess the Moss set would be a 5 second sellout. One thing that I dont like is this one a week drop, group 3 or 4 together once a month so I can pay shipping on 1 tube instead of 4.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #1086 on: December 21, 2010, 12:54:30 AM »

sorry don't know how to embed videos.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #1087 on: December 21, 2010, 07:38:50 AM »
"This video contains content from UMG. It is not available in your country.
Sorry about that."

guest8

« Reply #1088 on: December 21, 2010, 09:24:38 AM »
What the heck is UMG ??

guest8

« Reply #1089 on: December 21, 2010, 09:34:03 AM »
Ive sang the same song as you Holiday .. and I have to say its prolly just being disgruntled.. No matter what Mondo does people will flip if theres a chance to make money for nothing .. And honestly when I saw these selling for over $1k I thought about it .. But I decided not to .. Im silly like that sometimes the pictures are worth more than $$ ;) Now patience comes in to play .. Im sure in a month or so the prices will have settled to where a serious collector can buy them with out being out an obscene amount .. Lets be careful what we ask for too .. I see these references to "lottery" sales or other crazy random distributions .. At least the way it is now I know I have a little control over if I get them or not .. In a lottery theres no way to even try ...

I take back all my calm understanding about the situation, I received the dreaded refund email last night .. now Im boycotting mondo releases :p

Bowana

« Reply #1090 on: December 21, 2010, 10:51:23 AM »
I was able to add the set to my cart but got the "Not in Stock" when I went to do the checkout.

I think Stout's drop is going to break the internet.   ;)

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #1091 on: December 21, 2010, 02:33:51 PM »
For those that missed out on the STAR WARS drop, Olly Moss will putting up 50 sets for sale tomorrow at 5pm GMT via a link on Twitter.  They'll be $500 per set

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1092 on: December 21, 2010, 11:23:40 PM »
I'd sure rather give him the money than those idiots on ebay. Thanks for the heads up.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #1093 on: December 22, 2010, 12:03:42 AM »
What the heck is UMG ??

Dunno, it was just public enemy - don't believe the hype
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1094 on: December 22, 2010, 06:02:13 AM »
I can't help but feel he's being a bit cheeky by asking $500 for the set "because it's $150 less than ebay averages"...market values and all that, but a 333% rise since Mondo's release makes me a bit sad. The only reason prices are that high is because of pro flippers hoovering up the stock and strangling supply.

Still half tempted to try, but it leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth to be honest.

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #1095 on: December 22, 2010, 06:42:00 AM »
The last three sets that ended recently all sold for $800+, with two of them at $900+, so $500 seems like a deal.  Granted, there's always a chance of shill bidding had a role in those prices

Offline Cj

• Hobbyist
« Reply #1096 on: December 22, 2010, 11:28:39 AM »
how about this, a dishonest seller list the first few sets on ebay soon after the prints are released under different ebay accounts. Shill bidding the items up to the highest price possible. Regardless if the bidder in the end is a "true" bidder. Doing this sets the market value and causes some people to go in a frenzy and makes the "need" to have those prints rise because of their value and the possibility of them being more valuable a year from now.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #1097 on: December 22, 2010, 11:38:56 AM »
Yep - plus resell values are always much higher after things first appear on the secondary market (I guess a combo of people frustrated they missed out and who are desperate to get them and people who have enough cash that they don't care about the prices). On the other hand, $500 is not too obscene for 3 screen prints, these versions are signed and because they're for Star Wars, they should keep their value.

I think I've convinced myself not to bother though, realistically they won't make the wall for quite a while and for $500, I could get some really nice paper that I've been after for a while. Also, he just tweeted to say he'll put the link up in an hr and I can't be bothered to sit at work and wait! :)

Bruce

« Reply #1098 on: December 22, 2010, 01:23:23 PM »
I can't help thinking of Titanic one-sheets when that movie was first setting all-time records, and it was selling for $300 every single time on eBay. That was going to be a $1000 poster, and those who bought at $300 were making a shrewd "investment". How are they doing these days?

Bruce

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1099 on: December 22, 2010, 01:33:25 PM »
Bruce, apples and oranges to say the least.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,