Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539102 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1000 on: December 08, 2010, 10:52:37 PM »
I'm sure there are plenty of people on this forum who are not going to get it and can help you, Ben.  Alas, I'm not one of them.  Sorry.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Karza

« Reply #1001 on: December 09, 2010, 12:06:01 PM »
Looks like there will be more than just the Danger drop.

Justin tweets
"Did I mention that Sanctuary Moon isn't the only thing we're releasing Friday? "

i wonder what else is dropping?

Ben - I wasn't planning on getting the Danger so if I get the chance I'll snag one for you.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1002 on: December 09, 2010, 01:06:31 PM »
Thank you, Karza.  Would really appreciate it and will make it up to you.  PM me if you have any luck.

I will also email you the code to Thierry's garage if you are successful as well.  ;)
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Karza

« Reply #1003 on: December 09, 2010, 02:54:29 PM »
I will also email you the code to Thierry's garage if you are successful as well. 

BONUS!!! ;D

Dr Hackenbush

« Reply #1004 on: December 09, 2010, 03:47:48 PM »
Looks like there will be more than just the Danger drop.

Justin tweets
"Did I mention that Sanctuary Moon isn't the only thing we're releasing Friday? "

i wonder what else is dropping?

"The Alamo Drafthouse will release three new posters today. First, Daniel Danger’s “Sanctuary Moon” Star Wars print is a 24″ x 36″ screenprint, has an edition of 230, and will cost $50. Secondly, Eric Tan’s Return of the Living Dead poster is a 24″ x 36″ screenprint with an edition of 125, plus there’s also a glow-in-the-dark variant (all colors except black, and including the eyes) with an edition of 65. Lastly, Rhys Cooper’s Critters poster is a 24″ x 36″ screenprint with an edition of 135. All will go up today (Thursday, December 9th) tomorrow (Friday, December 10th) at a random time"

http://omgposters.com/2010/12/09/10854/

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1005 on: December 09, 2010, 04:04:11 PM »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #1006 on: December 09, 2010, 04:34:55 PM »
Karza, remember to leave the Magic jersey...you don't want to completely break Thierry's heart...besides, it not worth that much anyway.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1007 on: December 09, 2010, 11:01:52 PM »
So now, they even go on sale before they go... on sale?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320629036818&item=320629036818

Like Seth Meyers would say: "Really?"

T
My Personal Collection

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #1008 on: December 10, 2010, 02:18:44 AM »
That's just crazy. How the times have changed. Remember the good ole days when stuff sat on the website for 2 or 3 months and you had plenty of time to get your money together or think about each purchase before making the commitment? The days when Ebay wasn't even a factor. All this means is we are getting old.

Karza

« Reply #1009 on: December 10, 2010, 12:09:23 PM »
AHH drop day, the anticipation, the excitment, the constant refresh.

I have a feeling this one will have very short or no notice at all

Karza

« Reply #1010 on: December 10, 2010, 12:31:06 PM »
sorry Ben, I was on it as soon as it dropped and a slow check out cost me the Danger print :( >:(

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1011 on: December 10, 2010, 12:32:11 PM »
This is the first one I want that I miss, and I really don't get it.  First I get a text that it is up, then when I go to buy it, it is not up yet, I refresh, and refresh, then finally it's up and 20 seconds later (I have a fast connection), it is sold out.

Did anyone get it?
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #1012 on: December 10, 2010, 12:34:30 PM »
Yeah today was messed up .. I got the add to cart button BEFORE I got the email .. was heading to the shipping page then it said out of stock .. and took me back to the D-SW page where the add to cart button was gone and it had the usual for sale 12/? at random time bit .. so I thought they were playing around and accidentally put it up early and then as I refreshed it locked the site up and then after a min it came up as sold out !

guest8

« Reply #1013 on: December 10, 2010, 12:38:32 PM »
Ohh I did get the Critters and ROTLD Regular though :)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1014 on: December 10, 2010, 12:44:21 PM »
I got the Critters.  I don't like the other one.
My Personal Collection

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1015 on: December 10, 2010, 12:45:30 PM »
I got both Sanctuary Moon and Critters.  I don't really like the look of ROTLD so I didn't get either version.   Sanctuary Moon sold out in the time it took me to check out.  Critters sold out about 5 minutes later.  Sorry to those that missed it.  I had to buy my Lynch Pin Droid on ebay because I missed that one.  What a rat race.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 05:12:45 PM by holiday »
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1016 on: December 10, 2010, 12:57:01 PM »
I can't believe this.  I actually had to by mine on Ebay!!!

SUCKS!  But I really wanted it, probably more than any other so far.  This is a first for me, and God knows I hate flippers.

Damnit!!!

T
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #1017 on: December 10, 2010, 01:04:05 PM »
Ill wait it out and let the prices fall some .. I dont want to pay $150-200 for this even as great as it looks! :)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1018 on: December 10, 2010, 01:20:05 PM »
Well, when something is this good, and from a renowned and growing artist, I'm always afraid the 230 prints (really a small number) will end up in people's collections to never see the light again.  Maybe you're right, and I'd agree with u on most prints, but not on this one.

And it's only $100 more, which is like a good dinner somewhere.
My Personal Collection

guest8

« Reply #1019 on: December 10, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »
I think it depends on how long you wait .. Id say just a bit after everyone is receiving them from Mondo the prices will drop .. All the hype will have passed .. and most people will have moved on and you have the semi-honest flippers that wait to resell their posters when they actually have them in hand .. Its hard to gauge this one though DD a lot of his own stuff and he has a solid following .. So we will just have to wait and see :)

guest8

« Reply #1020 on: December 10, 2010, 01:25:14 PM »
Speaking of low runs and waiting too long .. Im still hoping to get one of the 25 Phantom Variants !!! Is anyone that has one listening !!? :)

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1021 on: December 10, 2010, 05:14:42 PM »
Well, when something is this good, and from a renowned and growing artist, I'm always afraid the 230 prints (really a small number) will end up in people's collections to never see the light again.  Maybe you're right, and I'd agree with u on most prints, but not on this one.

And it's only $100 more, which is like a good dinner somewhere.

That's what made it easy on the Lynch Pin Droid - it issued at $50 and I ended up having to pay $129 so it wasn't that bad.  Some of the other BIN's out there wanted up to $225 I think.  Glad you ended up with one at not too bad a price.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1022 on: December 10, 2010, 05:15:11 PM »
You know, I hate that this thread was started by douche bag carson.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

guest8

« Reply #1023 on: December 10, 2010, 06:04:04 PM »
You know, I hate that this thread was started by douche bag carson.
LOL .. as against censorship as we all are I dont think anyone would mind if you deleted the 1st post ;)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1024 on: December 10, 2010, 06:05:31 PM »
Can't you change his name to Douchebag?
My Personal Collection