Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539170 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #3925 on: February 18, 2016, 02:37:50 PM »
Personally, I think everything has been well below standard lately.  I haven't seen anything I like in quite some times.  Maybe it's the result of creative director Justin Ismael's firing.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest4784

« Reply #3926 on: February 29, 2016, 10:46:36 AM »
i've passed on the past two weeks of Mondo releases. I think their upcoming Richard Linklater show could be great, especially if you love Linklater films.

guest4784

« Reply #3927 on: February 29, 2016, 11:21:33 AM »
But I cannot wait for that awesome Spotlight poster from Mondo.  ;D ;D

Offline hepcatpunk

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3928 on: March 14, 2016, 04:28:15 PM »
For those who have bought from Mondo before, when do prints usually go on sale?  Is it usually on the hour, be it whatever hour?  They say they announce on twitter, but I don't do Twitter, nor do I want to.  But I do sit at a desk all day and am a master of F5-ing.  I've got to get the Before Sunrise trilogy tomorrow.
-Brian

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3929 on: March 15, 2016, 05:18:13 PM »
Bought this morning.  The only Linklater print I like and my 2nd Alamo print this year.  I used to buy so many of them but the quality has gone down the drain, IMO.

T
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 05:22:19 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

guest4784

« Reply #3930 on: March 16, 2016, 12:31:27 AM »
I think this was also the best print from the show.

I have to disagree about Mondo. I think they have been doing posters for movies and directors that are not being represented. Do we really need more Jaws prints or The Thing posters? Although the art may not be the greatest, I do applaud them for seeking new material.

guest4784

« Reply #3931 on: April 16, 2016, 05:11:50 PM »
I have not bought anything from Mondo in a long time. I haven't been impressed at all.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3932 on: April 16, 2016, 06:57:01 PM »
Ever since Justin left the quality has gone down drastically.

T
My Personal Collection

guest4784

« Reply #3933 on: April 17, 2016, 01:23:31 AM »
That's possible. More than anything, their focus has been on other products (vinyl, toys) and not posters.

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3934 on: April 21, 2016, 07:57:38 AM »

So, long time coming and this one is great, but a timed edition not limited. Still, I think this may well be my only third purchase this year from Mondo (and my first Jason Edmiston print). It's really great screen print (24x36). What do you guys think?

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3935 on: April 21, 2016, 09:23:02 AM »
I like it too - bold and a bit schlocky, it suits the film well I think. With the new international shipping rates making things a bit cheaper, I think I'll get one.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3936 on: April 21, 2016, 10:52:13 AM »
I don't like it at all and I hate timed editions, so it's a pass for me.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3937 on: April 21, 2016, 12:13:10 PM »
It has a Belgian poster design feel, to me.

-Jeff

guest4784

« Reply #3938 on: April 26, 2016, 02:03:45 AM »
it's a great poster. but timed edition makes this a pass.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3939 on: April 26, 2016, 12:12:25 PM »
Finally a Mondo I like.

Got the var. by Saputo.

Happy Alien Day!!!

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3940 on: April 26, 2016, 12:13:15 PM »
it's a great poster. but timed edition makes this a pass.

Timed editions SUCK!!!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3941 on: April 26, 2016, 10:37:44 PM »
So no Gabz Star Wars for you?
Witty signature goes here.

guest4784

« Reply #3942 on: April 27, 2016, 12:46:09 AM »
i'm sure if it was Spielberg or Stout related, you wouldn't complain about a timed edition.

guest4784

« Reply #3943 on: April 27, 2016, 12:47:34 AM »
Picked up this poster today from the Alien Drop. It's pretty cool and different from all the other Alien posters out there.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3944 on: April 27, 2016, 01:20:53 AM »
i'm sure if it was Spielberg or Stout related, you wouldn't complain about a timed edition.

You know what, I actually don't think I'd buy anything that's a timed edition.  I like Durieux, but I didn't buy his Pulp Fiction for that very reason.  So I can pretty much say I'd pass on any Stout or Spielberg timed material.

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3945 on: April 27, 2016, 01:21:17 AM »
Picked up this poster today from the Alien Drop. It's pretty cool and different from all the other Alien posters out there.

And Jay Shaw blows.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #3946 on: April 27, 2016, 09:18:39 AM »
You know what, I actually don't think I'd buy anything that's a timed edition.  I like Durieux, but I didn't buy his Pulp Fiction for that very reason.  So I can pretty much say I'd pass on any Stout or Spielberg timed material.

T

Aren't they all timed editions in a way? It's just that you have 30 seconds or a week maybe to buy. The real difference I guess is more or less are printed. Is this the attraction that they are limited and timed releases are a lot less limited?

guest4784

« Reply #3947 on: April 28, 2016, 01:40:43 AM »
The limited nature of these prints makes it more attractive. Timed editions are also much easier to get later on because there are simply more available.

guest4784

« Reply #3948 on: April 28, 2016, 01:42:37 AM »
also, right when we start complaining about Mondo's poor output, they start releasing some good posters. Look at this Jaws poster from Matt Ryan Tobin.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3949 on: April 28, 2016, 01:58:32 AM »
This is absolutely remarkable

Great, another one I need to get.

T
My Personal Collection