Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539010 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #3425 on: March 10, 2014, 05:30:12 PM »
I have no idea what's left.  I'm assuming not much, though, and everything will be gone within seconds.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3426 on: March 10, 2014, 06:02:42 PM »
I have no idea what's left.  I'm assuming not much, though, and everything will be gone within seconds.

T

If that.

I find the challenge of scoring prints without using Twitter quite the rush. Here's hoping you get in before the server meltdown! thumbup
Witty signature goes here.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3427 on: March 10, 2014, 06:32:53 PM »
If that.

I find the challenge of scoring prints without using Twitter quite the rush. Here's hoping you get in before the server meltdown! thumbup

I'm usually pretty good at this, that is, when I really want something.  But I already got what I wanted out of this batch, so whatever I get, if anything, will just be fillers.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3428 on: March 10, 2014, 06:37:16 PM »
I'm usually pretty good at this, that is, when I really want something.  But I already got what I wanted out of this batch, so whatever I get, if anything, will just be fillers.

T

Well I'm looking for a Snow White and Winnie the Pooh, if you want the extra challenge. I'll even throw in a 10% "you're awesome!" bonus. ;)

I think the print run for WtP was only like 300-ish(?), so not sure if there will be any left, but I'm hoping.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3429 on: March 11, 2014, 08:22:07 AM »
If anyone is not going to try a pump and dump with the prints today and wants to go for an assist, I can use someone to go Whaling, I am not even going to try for them today as the hunt is on for the bigger fish, but I do still want to add them, but not at the stupid prices they are gouging people for already.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 08:31:06 AM by ddilts399 »

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3430 on: March 11, 2014, 09:46:28 AM »
I don't believe in the pump-n-dump. I'll see what I can do. Any will do?

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #3431 on: March 11, 2014, 11:45:13 AM »
Yeah, any of the Whalen are fine.

thanks either way!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3432 on: March 11, 2014, 11:49:01 AM »
It's up.  But nothing good :(
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #3433 on: March 11, 2014, 11:54:31 AM »
batch 1 = yuck..

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3434 on: March 11, 2014, 11:57:07 AM »
Missed my Winnie the Pooh because the damn link was broken. WTF? Anyone else have problems?

Specifically, the redirect on the page "www.mondotees.com" results in 404.  :'(
To that I say poo. Not pooh, but POO!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 12:02:56 PM by pratschm »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3435 on: March 11, 2014, 12:04:51 PM »
Sorry, I guess I could have bought it for you, but I didn't know if you were on it and I didn't want to get stuck with it since I don't really want it and I never sell.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3436 on: March 11, 2014, 12:09:03 PM »
More is up.
My Personal Collection

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3437 on: March 11, 2014, 12:10:56 PM »
Sorry, I guess I could have bought it for you, but I didn't know if you were on it and I didn't want to get stuck with it since I don't really want it and I never sell.

T

Completely understand. If you had scored one, I would have bought it from you, even if I won one myself. That's the risk I take and I would honor it. It then becomes my problem to unload it. Appreciate the thought.

PS - you never sell? ;)

PSS - Come on, Snow White!
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 12:15:19 PM by pratschm »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3438 on: March 11, 2014, 12:22:07 PM »

PS - you never sell? ;)

Trust me, I have a lot of extra stuff I could sell tomorrow, and for good money.  But I hate the whole shipping experience.  I donated some posters a few years back, and it was such a hastle to put them in tubes, write a label and take them to the post office that I decided not to do it anymore.  Not my thing.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3439 on: March 11, 2014, 12:26:14 PM »
Trust me, I have a lot of extra stuff I could sell tomorrow, and for good money.  But I hate the whole shipping experience.  I donated some posters a few years back, and it was such a hastle to put them in tubes, write a label and take them to the post office that I decided not to do it anymore.  Not my thing.

T

Completely understand. And then what happens if it gets damaged en route, etc etc.

I was actually part of your last APF donation, so thanks again. thumbup

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #3440 on: March 11, 2014, 12:53:47 PM »
This is crazy, they have like 2 of things left? I am on the damn page when it is the new image refreshed and cannot get one. WTF.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3441 on: March 11, 2014, 01:03:43 PM »
You're not the only one. I've had 3 make my cart, 2 make it to Paypal, and 0 completed.

I don't understand why it always needs to calculate shipping! It's $15!!! Proceed, dammit, PROCEED!!!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3442 on: March 11, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
Completely understand. And then what happens if it gets damaged en route, etc etc.

I was actually part of your last APF donation, so thanks again. thumbup

I wish I could do it again, and maybe one day I will.  I probably have at least 500 posters I could sell or donate tomorrow.  But it's really too much work.  I don't know how Dale does it.

T
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 01:09:05 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #3443 on: March 11, 2014, 01:06:21 PM »
Well that was irritating  moron1

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3444 on: March 11, 2014, 01:11:52 PM »
Reminder - I will "buy" a Snow White, T. I need all the help I can get at this point. :)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2014, 01:16:42 PM by pratschm »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3445 on: March 11, 2014, 01:26:59 PM »
Well, I didn't get anything.  The only one I could have gone for was the blue B&B, but I decided to go on my morning hike instead.  It's too beautiful outside.

And Mike, you can probably get SW for $80 on EBay.  So not that much more expensive.

I had no idea Mondo released that many prints.  A lot of that print run was really sub-par, IMO, but a few were great (the ones I bought, that is ;))

T
My Personal Collection

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3446 on: March 11, 2014, 01:35:14 PM »
Well, I didn't get anything.  The only one I could have gone for was the blue B&B, but I decided to go on my morning hike instead.  It's too beautiful outside.

And Mike, you can probably get SW for $80 on EBay.  So not that much more expensive.

I had no idea Mondo released that many prints.  A lot of that print run was really sub-par, IMO, but a few were great (the ones I bought, that is ;))

T

Quite true. At this point I'm thinking I should have gone on a hike instead as well. :)
Enjoy the walk.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3447 on: March 11, 2014, 01:46:47 PM »
Reminder - I will "buy" a Snow White, T. I need all the help I can get at this point. :)

Apologies. Didn't realize it was over when I wrote this.

Online jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3448 on: March 11, 2014, 05:47:35 PM »
I think the cart system that they started using last year sucks balls.

Since it was implemented, I haven't scored any print I was trying for.
I was at work today. So I couldn't even try, but it sounds like it was a waste of time anyway.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3449 on: March 11, 2014, 09:11:31 PM »
Twitter say the 11th...

Why aren't you in the Ansin show line now?  That show is gonna be a gold mine....