Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539349 times)

Dread_Pirate_Mel

Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #3400 on: March 07, 2014, 11:16:54 PM »
Two Jungle Books just sold for $500 each:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221389318449

Not sure it will stay in the stratosphere long-term but then again I never thought his Star Wars posters would spiral ever-upwards either....

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3401 on: March 07, 2014, 11:24:25 PM »
Make an offer.  I got mine for less than that.  I missed on The Evil Dead years ago and decided it would not happen again.

Here is the full Mondo/Disney print extravaganza.

2 more prints to get and I'm set.

T
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:25:47 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Charlie

« Reply #3402 on: March 07, 2014, 11:36:41 PM »
I just can't pull the trigger on the Sword in the Stone or the Alice...  I could be half way to getting a 51' original Alice if I picked up both.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #3403 on: March 07, 2014, 11:42:26 PM »
I just can't pull the trigger on the Sword in the Stone or the Alice...  I could be half way to getting a 51' original Alice if I picked up both.

Shoulda made the drive.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Charlie

« Reply #3404 on: March 07, 2014, 11:44:25 PM »

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3405 on: March 08, 2014, 02:46:51 AM »
I read reports of registration issues/blur on Moss JB...could be just anti-hype but perhaps be careful if you're paying big bucks on ebay.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3406 on: March 08, 2014, 09:04:50 AM »
The Jungle Book is superior to the originals IMO and Snow White fares well vs. the originals:

guest8

« Reply #3407 on: March 08, 2014, 09:42:57 AM »
Here is a repost of me thoughts..

Quote from: fallenangel1
I was a late-comer to the line yesterday .. my flight didn't even get in until 11 and the line was already so long that we went to get some BBQ and then wen back to the line and ended up waiting about 9 hours. We had a fun time in line, had a few beers and got to talk to some cool people. Emac handled the line like a champ (the line enforcer job has to suck but I honestly believe it helps the overall experience for everyone) as did her night time replacement (Devin was his name iirc), . Overall the art was great, being from out of the state more often than not I never get to see a lot of these in person and (as we all know) photos just never do them justice. The surprises for me were the Black Cauldron, Both Tong's and Holts Jungle Book. Sadly the Holt sold out like 5-10 people ahead of me so I missed out on that one. The Tong's are just sick with metallic, there is a sheen to the paper kind of like they printed them on semi-gloss paper instead of normal stock! And the Holt JB along with Francs Black Cauldron are just super in person.

I ended up walking out of the galley with ..
Aladdin
Finding Nemo
Alice in Wonderland
Lion King
Incredibles
Beauty and the Beast (Reg)
Black Cauldron
Up
Wall-e
Sword in the Stone
Peter Pan

I honestly thought I wasn't going to care about this show or the prints but after looking at them all I just kept checking boxes to purchase the prints! I was bummed to miss out on the Holt Jungle Book,, I honestly feel its better than the Moss' although the Moss is still amazing!

guest8

« Reply #3408 on: March 08, 2014, 01:23:28 PM »
So the gf and I went back today to PB for a couple AIW's and they are damaged.. so if your buying any on the aftermarket or you picked up any today double check both of the ones we got have like a 6" crease in the top right .. you cannot see it from the front but its obvious from the back. They had plenty of them when we were down there so were going to head back down and see if we can swap them out.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3409 on: March 08, 2014, 02:38:50 PM »
Alright, done with this batch.

Got The Jungle Book (Moss), La Belle et la Bête (Ansin), Alice (Taylor) and Snow White (Benjamin).  Hesitated on a Whalen or two, but at the end of the day, I'm no fan, so I'll pass.

Whenever you think Mondo is out and done, they come up with the Durieux and Disney shows to prove you wrong.  Nice.

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #3410 on: March 08, 2014, 05:53:09 PM »
Durieux > Disney

By a mile.

I was mistaken,

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3411 on: March 08, 2014, 07:00:17 PM »
The run they have had these year is astounding, hats off to the Mondo gang. What a great run of prints out of this show.

PLEASE milk the online release on these instead of the 3-5 prints at a time drops.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3412 on: March 08, 2014, 08:52:13 PM »
PLEASE milk the online release on these instead of the 3-5 prints at a time drops.

^ Seconded!
Witty signature goes here.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3413 on: March 08, 2014, 10:08:07 PM »
Interesting that there was not a Cinderella print to round out the classic trio - Snow White, Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3414 on: March 09, 2014, 12:08:35 PM »
My only gripe is I wish they would pull the reigns in on Whalen getting sooo much to work on for the animated films. A little of his work goes a long way in my book.  Lion King had potential, wish that one would have went to someone else.

guest8

« Reply #3415 on: March 09, 2014, 01:25:59 PM »
I read something on eb about how Whalen initially didnt have that many prints in the show and he offered to do one or two more in a short time frame just because he had some ideas for those properties. Also everyone chose their own movies..aaannddd... there were a couple duplicates... Incredible, Up, Fantasia and Jungle Book. So if someone had a different take on a film Im sure they could have done Lion King as well.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3416 on: March 09, 2014, 02:31:35 PM »
Picked up the Snow White for $90 including shipping.  Passing on everything else, should be some stellar stuff from Ansin this week....

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3417 on: March 09, 2014, 03:50:11 PM »
My only gripe is I wish they would pull the reigns in on Whalen getting sooo much to work on for the animated films. A little of his work goes a long way in my book.  Lion King had potential, wish that one would have went to someone else.

I'm with you.  I think I own one Whalen, would have to check but I think it's Toy Story.  I have passed on everything else of his.  I just don't see the talent.  Are any of his previous prints in high demand?  Like Stout, Moss, Durieux, Ansin and Taylor?  By now, he should have quite a following.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #3418 on: March 09, 2014, 03:56:28 PM »
Whalen's work has all the artistic merit of your average infographic...

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #3419 on: March 10, 2014, 11:51:08 AM »
Not a Whalen fan, but thought his Uni Monster set was fun. Some pieces are better than others, but overall very well done.

I was mistaken,

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3420 on: March 10, 2014, 03:28:42 PM »

Looks like that's not gonna happen. Only question is will they all be at once or multiple random times in a single day? Based on the wording, sounds like the latter, but a second opinion would be welcome.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3421 on: March 10, 2014, 03:54:11 PM »
Probably 2 or 3 drops within an hour or two.

I am ready!!!

T
My Personal Collection

Charlie

« Reply #3422 on: March 10, 2014, 04:00:20 PM »
Probably 2 or 3 drops within an hour or two.

I am ready!!!

T

Twitter say the 11th...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3423 on: March 10, 2014, 04:16:41 PM »
Twitter say the 11th...

Within an hour or two tomorrow.

Still ready.
My Personal Collection

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3424 on: March 10, 2014, 05:05:23 PM »
Within an hour or two tomorrow.

Still ready.

Bring it on! :D

Any ideas as to what is left? Hoping to score a $60 JB so I can sell it for $1million and retire.