Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1538709 times)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #3200 on: May 23, 2013, 10:36:45 AM »
If anyone has a Horkey TWBB they would trade or sell (either version), please let me know.

Me love you long time.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3201 on: May 23, 2013, 01:49:52 PM »
Nothing for me this morning. 

Nothing for me in a long time, actually.  It's been quite a while since Mondo offered something I truly desired.  I don't know if I'm growing out of it or if the new stuff is sub-par.  I got 2 Ansin Iron Man 3, but more because of Ansin than out of real excitement.  I don't like Horkey, and everything else was just bah or no way.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #3202 on: May 23, 2013, 01:51:12 PM »
Hi Thierry.

I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3203 on: May 23, 2013, 02:04:21 PM »
Hi Ben.
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3204 on: May 24, 2013, 01:12:06 PM »
Son Of Frankenstein by Rich Kelly.

The image of Karloff suffers a bit, IMO. His face, overall, is not right, along with the out of proportion,over sized forehead. It's too high.
Lugosi, tho, looks spot on!

And this 12x36, for White Zombie, by Gary Pullin, is kick ass!   clap

-Jeff

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #3205 on: May 24, 2013, 01:24:56 PM »
^ You must not be familiar with Kelly's work.

I was mistaken,

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3206 on: May 30, 2013, 03:18:22 PM »

"Precious" looking into the pit....

-Jeff

guest8

« Reply #3207 on: May 30, 2013, 03:24:24 PM »
I actually liked the 2nd SotL poster .. i just wish the colors had been different. The ones used seemed ok but just a little too bright, IMHO. :) Im on a hot streak tho .. I haven't bought a poster from Mondo since the Avengers movie last year!!! Woohoo!!!

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3208 on: May 30, 2013, 03:27:43 PM »
I actually liked the 2nd SotL poster .. i just wish the colors had been different. The ones used seemed ok but just a little too bright, IMHO. :) Im on a hot streak tho .. I haven't bought a poster from Mondo since the Avengers movie last year!!! Woohoo!!!

I agree..the other worked MUCH better, in a very stylized way. This one (pooch/pit view), seems much less inspired, imo.

One that was quicker to the drawing board maybe?

-Jeff

guest8

« Reply #3209 on: May 30, 2013, 03:32:36 PM »
I agree..the other worked MUCH better, in a very stylized way. This one (pooch/pit view), seems much less inspired, imo.

One that was quicker to the drawing board maybe?

I like the Precious poster .. But in a funny "haha" sort of way .. As opposed to a serious representation of the film and the tone of the movie. A "spoof" poster so to speak.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3210 on: May 30, 2013, 03:46:43 PM »
I like the Precious poster .. But in a funny "haha" sort of way .. As opposed to a serious representation of the film and the tone of the movie. A "spoof" poster so to speak.

thumbup

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3211 on: May 30, 2013, 04:00:58 PM »
Still nothing.  Is it me, or is the quality drastically down from years past?

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3212 on: May 30, 2013, 04:19:27 PM »
Still nothing.  Is it me, or is the quality drastically down from years past?

T

I think the quantity they're releasing is high, so there's more posters that aren't to my taste (the Game of Thrones stuff was a little disappointing), but that's ok because I can't afford them all! From this year, I think Taxi Driver, Jaws, There Will be Blood, Evil Dead 2, IM3, Stout Django, E.T. are gems.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3213 on: May 30, 2013, 04:38:25 PM »
Jaws was this year?  Yeah, I liked Jaws.  I passed on Taxi Driver (too messy and too much like the posters) and There Will Be Blood (not a fan of Horkey).  I got Iron Man 3, but that was a mistake.  Django and ET are nice.  I also liked Jurassic Park and Friday the 13th.  I got some other stuff, can't remember what now... but nothing I really liked.

Maybe they're keeping the good stuff for Comic Con.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3214 on: May 30, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
Jaws was this year?  Yeah, I liked Jaws.  I passed on Taxi Driver (too messy and too much like the posters) and There Will Be Blood (not a fan of Horkey).  I got Iron Man 3, but that was a mistake.  Django and ET are nice.  I also liked Jurassic Park and Friday the 13th.  I got some other stuff, can't remember what now... but nothing I really liked.

Maybe they're keeping the good stuff for Comic Con.

T

Yeah, the Jurassic Park was good too, forgot about that one. I think Comic Con will have some nice stuff...Moss Spirited Away perhaps? Are you going this year, T?

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #3215 on: May 30, 2013, 11:23:55 PM »
The silences are nice, but, really, why bother? You are not going to do better than the one sheets...

guest8

« Reply #3216 on: May 31, 2013, 07:40:51 AM »
  I got Iron Man 3, but that was a mistake. 

I'd be willing to send you a self addressed and postage paid tube if you'd like to send them on to a more appreciative home! :)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3217 on: June 05, 2013, 02:02:16 PM »
Dammit, why a Whalen on Wizard of Oz, this could have been a home run title.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #3218 on: June 05, 2013, 02:13:16 PM »
Dammit, why a Whalen on Wizard of Oz, this could have been a home run title.

Just pick up one or both of the Durieux Oz pieces...he already hit it out of the park.

I was mistaken,

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3219 on: June 11, 2013, 11:28:19 PM »
Damn!  That is a nice Superman!

:o

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3220 on: June 11, 2013, 11:40:00 PM »
Just pick up one or both of the Durieux Oz pieces...he already hit it out of the park.

These remind me Metropolis imagery, in certain ways. They are very cool looking designs.  clap

-Jeff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3221 on: June 14, 2013, 04:21:16 PM »
Damn!  That is a nice Superman!

:o

So, anyone else scored a metal Man of Steel this morning?  It will be a perfect paper weight for my folded posters.

T
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 04:22:17 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3222 on: June 14, 2013, 04:32:12 PM »
T...you're too good.  8) D'ya have any other metal prints?

I think I read on EB that Fallen Angel got one. I think it's a great looking print and will look stunning on metal, but the reg is good enough for me.

guest8

« Reply #3223 on: June 14, 2013, 04:53:06 PM »
Yes, I did snag one of these metal beauties and a regular. Its my first direct from Mondo purchase since Avengers! :)

Whatever they did to their cart system does suck though... I was in at the 1st possible second and it went through a couple screens and gave me a sold out page. I ended up just by chance going back to the main shop page and opening the variant page up again (just to oogle at it some more) and the add to cart button was there! I was able to add it to my cart and check out fully the 2nd time around. According to the EB crowd this was not a singular occurrence but happened to more than a few people with the TWBB drop as well.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3224 on: June 14, 2013, 05:22:25 PM »
T...you're too good.  8) D'ya have any other metal prints?

No, I'm generally not interested in metal prints, but this one seems to fit the bill.  Plus, like I said, I need something really heavy that presses on my current stack of folded crap.  When a drawer is full, it is self flattening and I usually move its content to another location where it will rest until I decide to burn everything, thus emptying drawers for new arrivals that need flattening, and that metal print, on top of being quite cool, will be perfect.

T
My Personal Collection