Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1539064 times)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #3175 on: February 28, 2013, 06:30:11 AM »
That Horkey print is a stunner.
Congrats, John.  thumbup

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3176 on: February 28, 2013, 01:55:42 PM »

In order to ease the pain of my failure, I picked up this recent Horkey print.

John

Great print, John.

Congrats on the pickup!   clap clap

-Jeff

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #3177 on: March 16, 2013, 01:34:20 PM »
Anyone have a rundown of print available from the Stout/Taylor show?

longdog

« Reply #3178 on: March 16, 2013, 02:31:09 PM »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3179 on: March 16, 2013, 02:48:40 PM »
All I really wanted were the Drive prints, which I got...  The others are not really my cup of tea.  I think Werewolf is a miss, which is too bad because it's one of my favorite 80s titles and there is so much that can be done with it.  Not too much into those big CUs either, but they are nicely done.  And no idea what Attack the Block is.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #3180 on: March 16, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »
I sure like Taylors work, Ansin is the only artist I prefer over Taylor. Richard and Englert are up there as well, but they have a completely different style.

I have about decided to quit feeding the flippers, which is cutting in to how many of these I land, but the price gouging just pisses me off to be blunt.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #3181 on: March 16, 2013, 08:10:23 PM »
Finally a less-is-more print from Stout and it is for the exceptional A Prophet. Well done...

Drive isn't bad, but that bottom-center face looks off.

Taylor, as usual, pretty much rocks them all.  His exceptionally consistent quality separates him from the other artists.  First Blood is particularly well designed.

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3182 on: March 17, 2013, 01:13:53 PM »
Drive isn't bad, but that bottom-center face looks off.

You know that's how it's supposed to look, right? That's Driver with the rubber stunt mask on.
Witty signature goes here.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #3183 on: March 17, 2013, 02:40:19 PM »
That doesn't keep it from looking off...

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3184 on: March 17, 2013, 02:44:35 PM »
Fair enough. The highlights and shadows do make it look a little weird and maybe even a little metallic.
Just for reference though:

Offline pratschm

• Hoarder
« Reply #3185 on: March 17, 2013, 02:49:48 PM »
I have about decided to quit feeding the flippers, which is cutting in to how many of these I land, but the price gouging just pisses me off to be blunt.

What ever do you mean?
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313&_nkw=tyler+drive+poster&_sacat=0&_from=R40

As of posting there are ~65 auctions for the Drive posters. Lowest price $102.50. eyeroll

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3186 on: April 01, 2013, 04:41:06 PM »
Picked up Kevin Eng's Game of Thrones:

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3187 on: May 03, 2013, 12:52:24 PM »
My how times have changed.  Just had a cool Martin Ansin drop, and no discussion.

Anyone have any luck besides T (who has a batphone connection to Mondo HQ in Austin  ;D) ?  

I struck out.  Mondo site was a mess, but this had to have a huge crossover audience appeal.

I will try Mitch's site for an A/P, but the Taxi Driver was too much for me to go in on.  I hope the rabid enthusiasm dies down a little so these are available at a reasonable price down the road.

I guess we will see.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:52:56 PM by jpicken »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #3188 on: May 03, 2013, 01:38:47 PM »
I got the Ansin regular, I wasn't screwing around trying to get a variant and the other poster.

guest8

« Reply #3189 on: May 03, 2013, 03:05:21 PM »
I was goign to try for it but I was actually in the theater watching the movie when it dropped. This would have been the first Mondo drop Id have taken part in since the Avengers run! Im ok with missing it the number of flippers is keeping the resal pretty low at the moment so I hope to pick up at least a regular for $100-150 at some point (or less if possible!)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3190 on: May 03, 2013, 06:03:05 PM »
I got a reg, I love Ansin's prints.

Marvel shared the poster on Facebook and it had around 14k likes yesterday evening. I doubt many those folk were successful, but no doubt that it spurred the flipper leaches to come out for this one.

I'm sure when the hype downs down a bit it'll be around for $100 - $120 on secondary? But who knows with these things.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #3191 on: May 09, 2013, 03:07:18 PM »
Evil Deads.. anyone... anyone ?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:07:30 PM by ddilts399 »

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3192 on: May 09, 2013, 03:09:58 PM »
I got Evil Dead 2...it's not perfect, but it's pretty good! And hard to believe its a screen print, will look very pretty I think.

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3193 on: May 10, 2013, 10:24:07 PM »
I had an ED2 order processed and then cancelled by my buddy Mo from Mondo. That was typical of my Mondo luck all year. I have scored on one Mondo drop all year.  I have tried for quite a few.  No Stout Django.  No Canus Dirus.  No Ansin IM3. The one I did score on, I bought the wrong print  :o.  I should have been trying for the Durieux Jaws instead of the Mitchell E.T. LOL. My bad there. I also missed on Englert's Blackwater print from Bottleneck.  Maybe the poster gods are trying to send me a message.

My job is flexible sometimes which allows me to try for some of these drops, but it is such a colossal waste of time on what seems to me, the ever increasing chance of failure.

I wasn't happy with the ED2.  I can't believe there are still oversells from Mondo after this point in time.  I can understand that it might happen with P&T cause that is a one-man show.  Mondo should be past that by now in my opinion.

Enough of my whining. I guess I have more money now to buy something cool from Dale or Bruce.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3194 on: May 19, 2013, 08:35:16 AM »
So what do you chaps think of Aaron Horkey's print for 'The Will be Blood' then?

Not really a film poster in the traditional sense, but I think his intricate style (which isn't normally my cup of tea) melds really well with the subject matter. I read the intention was for it be like an oversized stock certificate.

Offline jpicken

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3195 on: May 19, 2013, 09:48:24 AM »
Hi Tob,

I am a Horkey fan. I generally like the stuff he has done for Mondo and his gig poster work.  Everything is hand-drawn and the intricate level of detail is amazing.  I give him points for trying to do something different with the stock certificate theme which in turn, ties into the movie.  So this is a very clever poster, and up close the illustration is wonderful.

However, do I want this on my wall?  While I appreciate the artistry, the answer is no.

John

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #3196 on: May 19, 2013, 11:29:24 AM »
I like Horkey, but the film, while good, is nothing that I will ever watch again and really could take it or leave it. We were out shopping, so I didnt even try for that one.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #3197 on: May 19, 2013, 03:09:06 PM »
It's easily the best thing that Mondo has done in a long time, particularly the green variant...

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #3198 on: May 22, 2013, 10:31:21 PM »
On the road tomorrow, if someone ends up buying any of the 3 and not wanting, please PM me!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #3199 on: May 23, 2013, 04:16:55 AM »
I'd happily try for you Dale, but after shipping to the UK and then shipping back to the US, it might not be too economical. Unless I change the delivery address to yours and ship straight to you? If that's any good, send me a PM with your address and I'll give it a shot.