Author Topic: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update  (Read 1545866 times)

guest8

Re: Alamo Drafthouse / Rolling Road Show Poster Update
« Reply #1775 on: April 27, 2011, 04:59:43 PM »
huh?
BTILC went from being a 200 print the beginning of 2010 to a 900 - 1200 print after Stouts explosion the past 12 months.

Ohhh .. I get it ! Without the $'s I thought you were talking about the number of prints in the run, like it some how went up.. LOL .. Not the sale prices !! :P

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1776 on: April 28, 2011, 03:11:31 AM »
Anyone getting anything tomorrow?  I was going to get Rabid until I found out it was a 18x24in print.  So nothing for me.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1777 on: April 28, 2011, 05:32:18 AM »

Ohhh .. I get it ! Without the $'s I thought you were talking about the number of prints in the run, like it some how went up.. LOL .. Not the sale prices !! :P

so we are now saying BTILC is a $1100-$1600 print?

guest8

« Reply #1778 on: April 28, 2011, 08:17:43 AM »

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #1779 on: April 28, 2011, 08:19:31 AM »
farq and I gave mine away. (its just so ugly) least my friend likes it (and he doesnt buy off ebay etc and would still have no idea it has any value)
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1780 on: April 28, 2011, 09:41:26 AM »

Ogami_Itto

« Reply #1781 on: April 28, 2011, 11:11:51 AM »
Any one going for mondos drop today?

The rabid poster is ok i have never seen the film and that poster doesnt make me wanna run out and see it so thats a no go (and i like Cronenberg), and im not a big ST fan so im good on those too.

Offline Ari

• Curator
    • OFFALEATERS HOUSE OF THE DAMNED
« Reply #1782 on: April 28, 2011, 11:13:28 AM »
Rabid is a great film. See that, leave the poster IMHO.
An Error Has Occurred!
You can't report your own post to the moderator, that doesn't make sense!

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #1784 on: April 28, 2011, 01:27:48 PM »
I think I got all 3, major delayed reaction on the confirmation, so then I went and bought a Rabid cause I never got the first page to finish going through. Who knows what I will end up with, really dont care much if none of this batch show up.

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #1785 on: April 28, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »
Thanks to Fallen for helping me snag the Treks. (I was out digging ditches for Earth Day). Even if you don't like Trek, you should like these:

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
« Reply #1786 on: April 28, 2011, 02:17:41 PM »
shocking..

guest8

« Reply #1787 on: April 28, 2011, 03:06:25 PM »
Yup I had a pretty good day today .. scored both Treks for my boy Mel ! and I just snagged both reg/var of Pan from P&T ! :) Maybe my luck is turning around finally ! :D

Now who wants to sell me "The Thing" for $200? ;)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #1788 on: April 28, 2011, 07:19:59 PM »
I like The Menagerie and had I been buying these any more, I'd have gotten that one.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1789 on: April 28, 2011, 07:31:03 PM »
Not a Trek fan, so it was a no brainer for me.  I actually do not own 1 Star Trek poster :)  Well, it's not completely true.  I own the Ansin, but that's because I'm a fan of his.  And I also own a few posters for JJ Abrams version.  But none of the others.

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1790 on: May 03, 2011, 02:44:58 PM »
Another Disney Tom Whalen?  Really?  Why?  There is so much more they could do with these titles.  It's a little sad that they stick with such uninspired artists (IMO, of course.)

T
My Personal Collection

Disheveledamethyst

« Reply #1791 on: May 03, 2011, 03:30:22 PM »
Another Disney Tom Whalen?  Really?  Why?  There is so much more they could do with these titles.  It's a little sad that they stick with such uninspired artists (IMO, of course.)

T

I think Tom Whalen's artwork really suits the series. Whalen's artwork is "flat" as opposed to artists like Stout who have more depth of field to their posters. Considering the artwork is for a 1940s black and white cartoon, a dynamic but "flat" piece of artwork better reflects the "flat" nature of the animation. This was before complex shading and more talented use of perspective, what you saw was little more than characters moving along a horizontal line. Whalen's artwork helps capture that, I think.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #1792 on: May 03, 2011, 08:31:51 PM »
I think Whalen whiffed on Roger Rabbit and would have rather seen another artist do that one, but the Mickey and Donald I really think his style fits very well.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #1793 on: May 03, 2011, 10:07:04 PM »
I think Tom Whalen's artwork really suits the series. Whalen's artwork is "flat" as opposed to artists like Stout who have more depth of field to their posters. Considering the artwork is for a 1940s black and white cartoon, a dynamic but "flat" piece of artwork better reflects the "flat" nature of the animation. This was before complex shading and more talented use of perspective, what you saw was little more than characters moving along a horizontal line. Whalen's artwork helps capture that, I think.

Look up some of Tan's better pieces and you'll see artwork that is both flat and dynamic.  Whalen is just flat...

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #1794 on: May 05, 2011, 12:46:04 PM »
Come on, have the drop already, time for lunch!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1795 on: May 05, 2011, 01:43:03 PM »
Did you get it, Dale?

I bought a THOR, because I really like Ken Taylor's style.  Totally passed on the other one.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
« Reply #1796 on: May 05, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »
Yeah, talk about pure luck. I gave up, ran to get a sub for lunch, sat back down hit F5 and they popped up. Got in before the twitter notice for once.

guest8

« Reply #1797 on: May 05, 2011, 03:41:05 PM »
I got me a Thor as well .. I have to agree with T Taylors work is really growing on me .. Although Id be surprised if it wasnt by now how many have they had by him lately ??

guest8

« Reply #1798 on: May 05, 2011, 03:49:50 PM »
LOL .. i just looked at the 'bay .. WAY too many flippers on this one .. over 50 up/sold on ebay already and they are doing good to be getting original cost !! :) I love karma ;)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #1799 on: May 06, 2011, 10:12:56 PM »
This is actually hilarious.  Out of 380 prints, there's been at least 50 for sale on Ebay, and tons are just sitting there.  Some of those rats are only making $10-$20 a pop.  Not a good time for flippers.  Here's to hoping a lot of them can't sell at all.

:)

T
My Personal Collection