Author Topic: Hello everyone. This is my first post.  (Read 1181 times)

Offline falconApoda

• Beginner
Hello everyone. This is my first post.
« on: January 25, 2023, 03:28:37 PM »
Hello, from Califoirnia, everyone.

First post on the forum. I have been collecting posters and toys since i was a kid, but only started seriously collecting (i.e., not tacking/taping posters to my wall) for the past few years. I heard a little about this forum from the Star Wars Poster Collectors FB Group where I am also a member, so I thought I'd check it out. I have already learned much.

I only wish I had discovered this forum before I started. I might have avoided certain pitfalls I've encountered.

Anyway, I hope to be able to learn more from the long-time collectors and maybe contribute a bit in time.

Will try to post some more of my collection also, but here are a few so far...

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Hello everyone. This is my first post.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 09:16:19 PM »
Welcome Falcon!  Pretty impressive, just with a single poster and you're in a special club.  Some call it "elite" but I think it's a ridiculous notion.  Regardless, congrats on scoring the Empire Intl.

Show us more,

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline falconApoda

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 12:46:13 AM »
Thanks so much. Yeah, I will post some more in a bit.

Actually, I was looking thrrough your collection to see if there;s anything I might have that you don't There isn't a whole lot,

It's breathtaking, by the way.... your collection. Truly.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2023, 02:12:44 AM »
Thanks for the kind words.  I truly appreciate it.  Collecting is a fun hobby.  I've been at it for 22 years now, so longer than I ever thought I would.  It's a work in progress, it never seems to end.  I'm a child of the 80s, so this is where most of my focus is, the stuff I grew up with.  My only limitation is that I must have seen a movie to collect its poster.  But we are all different, which makes it interesting.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2023, 02:17:31 AM »
 welcome1 Hello. I'm a tad late to the party, but may I also extend my hand in welcoming you to the "neighborhood ". Thierry (eatbrie) DOES have the most amazing collection on the planet. But don't let that discourage you at all. As he says, he's been doing it for years (decades!) Everyone has to start somewhere...and it looks like you are off to a great start.
So welcome aboard and have fun. Cheers!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2023, 05:07:37 AM »
Welcome, falconApoda!  welcome1

That Kastel Intl' style Empire Strikes Back is a beauty! What a poster.

I think the pitfalls in this hobby are a bit of a rite of passage, many of us probably made similar errors of judgement when starting out. I have learnt a lot from the experienced collectors on this forum. 

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2023, 04:47:27 PM »
Thierry (eatbrie) DOES have the most amazing collection on the planet.

Hahaha, nice, funny, and over exaggerated. 

I'm of the thinking that every single collection out there is the greatest in the eyes of the collector it belongs to.  I know a lot of people could not care less about what I collect, which is fine, because it is MY collection and I like it.  So whether you own one poster or 10,000, enjoy what you have and keep it going.

T
My Personal Collection