Author Topic: Superman The Movie (1978) Poster  (Read 2240 times)

Offline snapshot1972

• Beginner
Superman The Movie (1978) Poster
« on: May 17, 2022, 12:34:17 PM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and was referred here by a poster shop who said this is where the experts are.

I'm hoping someone might be able to help with some information about a poster that I have.

I found a poster that I bought many years ago. I put it in a cupboard with others posters that I bought, thinking that one day I would buy a big house and get them framed and displayed.

Fast forward 25 years and the posters are all still in mailing tubes and haven't seen daylight until recently when I was cleaning out the cupboard.

I've spent the past few weeks going through them and trying to find out what they're worth now.

Most have been easy to find..... but this one is proving elusive. I haven't been able to find anything.

If somebody is familiar with this poster or can provide some information about it (rarity, value etc.) it would be greatly appreciated.

Images attached

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Superman The Movie (1978) Poster
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2022, 08:58:18 AM »
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I've not seen it before and couldn't see it in the auction archive over at www.emovieposter.com. It looks like a commercial poster that was possibly sold in Japan? A tricky one to value, but it's a nice looking poster in good condition, so I'm sure it'd be worth some $ to the right Superman fan.

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 09:01:59 PM »
Hello, and welcome to the party!

This poster was produced by Factors, which like Portal Publications made commercial posters for popular movies at the time. Your copy looks to be in pretty nice condition and possibly printed on better paper than the norm. I've never seen this version before. It could have been printed for export to Japan. Do you know the dimensions of the poster? Most one panel Japanese movie posters measure 20"x30". I would put this in the same category as the 2 mirrored Mylar Superman posters that turn up from time to time. 

Offline cabmangray

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 09:05:24 PM »
---correction---(before the folks here jump all over me) Japanese posters measure 20"x28" not 20'x30". faint2.gif