Author Topic: EBay buyer protection program? Original/reproduction argument  (Read 2261 times)

Offline bigmike

• Collector
Just wondering if anyone had gone through with the eBay buyer protection program and opinions on who’s right or wrong.

Film year of the poster is 1956.
In the description it says original!

I contacted eBay today and said there’s no way it’s original. You can tell up close with the way the paper feels and how it was printed. I emailed eBay, they opened a case.
 I had to email seller to start the case. So I said this is a reproduction this is not the first release, it’s not the original. (No way it’s from the 50s)

He emailed back saying he won’t accept a return. It’s a later dated original reproduction. And feels he is in the right.

Who is in the right? How do you think eBay will see this? He clearly emailed sayings it’s a later dated original reproduction?? Whatever that means…

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Re: EBay buyer protection program? Original/reproduction argument
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2022, 01:24:24 AM »
Is this for a Godzilla poster by any chance?
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 06:42:45 AM »
Is this for a Godzilla poster by any chance?
No.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2022, 06:51:39 AM »
He emailed back saying he won’t accept a return.

This means nothing and I don't care for it.  I have returned many posters sellers said I could not return and I have always been reimbursed, return shipping included.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline hauser

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2022, 10:07:36 AM »
Ebay will support you in your return even if the seller fights or disagrees with you. If the seller pushes back, they can drag out the process an extra week or so but you will get a full refund as long as the item is shipped back with tracking.

Just make sure to not close the return that you have opened. It will close automatically once you are fully refunded.

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2022, 01:56:09 PM »
Do you get reimbursed shipping to the seller back as well?

Offline crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2022, 09:34:00 PM »
Do you get reimbursed shipping to the seller back as well?

As long as you file under "item not as described" you will.
The shipper will have to provide you with a return label, or after a few days ebay will provide you with one and automatically charge the cost to the seller.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2022, 11:52:07 AM »
I can't count how many times I have had this happened and went through E-Bay. Every time I received a full refund including shipping regardless of what the seller said.

This is great for the buyer but a the same time sucks for sellers who get taken when people say something is not as described and send a box with something other than what was purchased back. Know more than one seller that has had this happen. Know one person that sold a used phone and was shipped back a tile.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2022, 09:46:04 AM »
The seller said it was a later date non first release in the eBay communication case to me.
This wasn’t disclosed in the listings and eBay sided with him. No refund.