Movie Posters > Movie Posters - Latest Acquisitions

May 2022

<< < (3/4) > >>

riley540:

--- Quote from: Antoine1973 on May 05, 2022, 02:50:33 PM ---Just got this from Heritage in the mail today.  I really love this iconic one-sheet, it's truly gorgeous.

--- End quote ---

This looks incredible! Are you framing this and hanging it on the wall? I’d love to see it once you frame it!

Antoine1973:

--- Quote from: riley540 on May 05, 2022, 11:05:27 PM ---This looks incredible! Are you framing this and hanging it on the wall? I’d love to see it once you frame it!

--- End quote ---

Thanks!  And yes, I already dropped it at the framer yesterday.  Not sure where I will hang it yet, I'll have to find a good spot for it, that's alway part of the fun for me.

BruceH:

--- Quote from: Antoine1973 on May 05, 2022, 02:50:33 PM ---Just got this from Heritage in the mail today.  I really love this iconic one-sheet, it's truly gorgeous.

--- End quote ---

MOST examples of this iconic poster have paper loss at the top crossfold, which unfortunately falls in Lake's temple, and is super noticeable, even after restoration.

It is so great to see one with no loss in that area. You might consider having the poster "pressed and flattened". I don't consider it restoration, and it greatly reduces how noticeable fold lines are.

But like you, I am not bothered by minor flaws posters pick up over decades. If I wanted "perfect", I would buy a repro!

Antoine1973:
Bruce, I couldn't agree more with your statement: "If I wanted "perfect", I would buy a repro!"

steve5635:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version