Movie Posters > Movie Posters - Latest Acquisitions

May 2022

(1/4) > >>

Antoine1973:
I just received these 2 fun and quite rare 1950s posters, a 6-sheet for The Creature Walks Among Us, and a first release Italian 2F for When Worlds Collide.  I love the vibrant colors and graphics on Creature Walks Among Us.  I already have a 6-sheet for the other sequel in the Creature trilogy, so now I just need the one for Creature from the Black Lagoon to complete the set.   

eatbrie:
Nice Antoine.  A question.  Have you seen any of these titles?  Most of them are obscure to me, and it makes me wonder how important it is to you to have seen them, or if you're just collecting by genre (sci-Fi/horror, obviously) and design.

T

Antoine1973:
Yes, of course I've seen those movies, they're considered classics of 1950s sci-fi, particularly When Worlds Collide. 

Generally, I rarely buy a poster for a movie that I haven't seen, and when I do, I try to track down the film so that I can watch it.  This isn't to say that I always like the movie that the poster advertises: in the case of 1950s sci-fi, there are a lot of terrible titles with fantastic art, so I'm quite willing to overlook any artistic deficiencies if the poster is visually appealing to me.

eatbrie:
I get it.  Not everyone collects this way, but I do, and it's nice to hear that you do too.  I've never seen these titles, so I don't collect them, which is fine by me because I get to admire them in other people's collections.  Win win :)

T

Antoine1973:
Just got this from Heritage in the mail today.  I really love this iconic one-sheet, it's truly gorgeous.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version