Author Topic: Taking posters on an aeroplane  (Read 4256 times)

Online skyjackers

• Collector
Taking posters on an aeroplane
« on: April 08, 2022, 06:34:59 PM »
Has anyone experience of taking posters on a flight to get them home? I have 1 bus shelter tube and 1 large flat package about 40" x  20" x 3" that I need to get home. I was hoping to take them on board as cabin luggage but don't think they will allow it. I'm just not sure how they'll be treated by the baggage handlers and if this is a bad plan.

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
Re: Taking posters on an aeroplane
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 02:02:08 AM »
Brought them (ita 2sh & 4sh) to UK aboard no prob , once had it under the seat and another time next to the window (or in the upper compartment)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2022, 02:03:12 AM by Tang Lung in Rome »

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 03:29:15 AM »
"I'm just not sure how they'll be treated by the baggage handlers and if this is a bad plan." - That's the thing, you can't really say how you will be treated. But usually they are OK, especially if you come for a touristic place (tourist buy lot of large stuff).  For cabin luggage, they may ask you if you are fine with that; and it should fine unless you have a transit and a plane change, make sure that final destination is indicated.  Buying a long luggage that can fit the tube with resolve your problem.
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Online skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 12:30:14 PM »
Thanks for the advice. It's long haul so we have a good luggage allowance. I have just purchased some packaging materials if they say I can't take it aboard so I can potentially repackage for the hold. I guess even if it's posted I still can't guarantee how it will be treated. I'll find out tomorrow!