Author Topic: mildew smell on quads  (Read 1414 times)

Offline joemehmet

• Beginner
mildew smell on quads
« on: March 29, 2022, 03:08:51 PM »
Hi Guys

Newbie here, though I've been collecting film posters for sometime now, I need advice if someone can help me with

I newly acquired 3 quad posters though the seller did state that there was mildew smell with these posters and did explain to me how it came about (old stoned house basement ) I still bidded on them as I thought  linen backing will deffo get rid of this anyway upon delivery and there is smell but no surface mould and there is no way I'm going to store it with my collection  I thought that since  the posters are in such great condition that if I could get rid of the smell naturally without linen backing them it will save me a lot of spondulicks and looking for information on the net  I came across this forum and reading through the topics I feel it's a great site to join which I did and now I'm asking my first help ..so please be great to hear from you guys as you all seem passionate and knowledgable to help ..if I've to linen back I will but just in case there is a way please Fire away

regards  from London

Offline redman

• Collector
Re: mildew smell on quads
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2022, 04:24:48 PM »
^ i've used bicarbonate of soda to get rid of smells from old magazines i had
took about a week! - maybe checkout book collector sites
no need to linen back unless the posters are falling apart  thumbup

Offline joemehmet

• Beginner
Re: mildew smell on quads
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2022, 02:57:09 AM »
 thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif..thanks mate.