Author Topic: PropStore Cinema Poster Auction  (Read 2223 times)

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
PropStore Cinema Poster Auction
« on: March 24, 2022, 12:23:53 PM »
PropStore currently has a movie poster auction running as we speak.

Has anyone purchased anything?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: PropStore Cinema Poster Auction
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2022, 12:35:28 PM »
I have never bought anything from that place,.  Way too expensive if I recall.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2022, 12:56:02 PM »
Hi T!

Hope you have been well.

Yes, very expensive indeed. Way overpriced on everything and not to mention the 25% auction fee, plus shipping costs!

A lot of prints at the moment but there is original posters on there too. A few Star Wars bits that people on here have but already looking way overpriced.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 12:58:43 PM »
Yeah, I was just checking the sale out.  It's really sub-par prints.  Nothing great there.

I just saw 1,900 pounds for Stout's Kill Bill.  Add 25% and it's $3,000.  Ridiculous.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 01:17:52 PM »
Oh, and I just realize that they don't sell if it's below their ridiculous estimate.  Complete BS imo.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 01:39:49 PM »
I noticed that. The lady auctioneer also had a snotty response of "it stays with me then" when it didn't meet the estimate.

Daylight robbery some of these places!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 05:13:33 PM »
I couldn't agree more.  Which is why they will never get my money.

thumbsup.gif

T
My Personal Collection

Offline timelessmoviemagic

• Hobbyist
    • timelessmoviemagic
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2022, 07:12:52 AM »
And then you get the Bradford lot buying the double crown for £400 and immediately throwing it on Ebay for £2k best offer.

They didn't even bother to take their own photo - just cropped Prop stores image a little smaller.

vintage movie posters - http://www.timelessmoviemagic.co.uk/

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2022, 09:01:32 AM »
......Way overpriced on everything and not to mention the 25% auction fee, plus shipping costs!

£6000 ($7920) for the Pulp Fiction "Lucky Strikes" one sheet and £13000 ($17156) for the Star Wars "Hildebrandt" quad - plus commission!

Mark

Offline CinematicFanatic

• Beginner
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2022, 09:16:20 AM »
That Star Wars one at the very end was a charity lot towards Ukraine and they said they would be taking no fee's on that one.

I think the highest one outside of that was the transparent Star Wars artwork which went for around £9,000 from memory?

I sent a guy I work with the link to the auction and he bought the Halloween one, I posted a thread on here for valuation as I'm curious to see whether he got value or not.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2022, 05:27:52 PM »
I wonder how true that is, the charity thing, or if it’s just a ploy to make more money.  Nothing surprises me these days and I do not trust any charities.  It always goes to someone.

Regardless, that’s an insane price for a poster that is rare, but not that rare.

And the Lucky Strike is not rare at all.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2022, 06:23:49 PM »
^ i would 100% trust an auctioneer to honour charity stuff, are things different in USA?

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2022, 08:14:57 PM »
Sorry, I don't.

T
My Personal Collection