Author Topic: Reversing the lamination process  (Read 2698 times)

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
Reversing the lamination process
« on: December 07, 2021, 09:37:56 AM »
Has anyone ever successfully removed a 1-sheet from being laminated? I've found a poster I'd like to purchase but unfortunately it's been laminated. I have seen some videos on youtube of people removing small items from the laminated plastic with warm air but I'm doubtful that this would work on any larger items. Any success stories?

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Reversing the lamination process
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2021, 11:52:22 PM »
If it's a valuable poster, maybe call Mario Cueva or Poster Mountain to see what they think on restoration possibilities.  If not particularly valuable, I'd say give some of the methods a try you've seen, SkyJackers.  I'm usually hopeful, though lamination is usually bad news in my experience.  Okie

Offline skyjackers

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2021, 11:24:06 AM »
Thanks for your thoughts Okie. I decided to go for it anyway and worry about the lamination issue later. I already had the poster but was looking for a condition upgrade. Maybe this is more of a side grade given the lamination problem!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2021, 02:34:45 PM »
Good news!  Chirstie Brinkley said it well to Chevy Chase in Vacation: Well are you going to go for it?  You did, Skyjackers!

Thanks for your thoughts Okie. I decided to go for it anyway and worry about the lamination issue later. I already had the poster but was looking for a condition upgrade. Maybe this is more of a side grade given the lamination problem!