Author Topic: November 2021  (Read 11679 times)

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: November 2021
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2021, 09:35:14 PM »
Chris: Yeah, that Kiss of Death is a great image and the black and white art is perfect!  Okie.

Pelham: Logan's Run is one of my favorite movies from that time.  Congratulations!

Okie
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 09:41:26 PM by okiehawker »

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2021, 12:25:03 AM »
Thanks Okie!
Chris

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2021, 07:08:33 PM »
Answering T's call to post HA wins: I just couldn't resist this World Without End 24 sheet. I don't know that I'll be making 24 sheets a habit, though this one and The Dawn Patrol 24 sheet from Bruce's I talked about in August surprised me a bit.  Big and beautiful!  I'm looking forward to opportunities to display them.  I made a frame out of PVC pipe that sets up and takes down very easily to hang 24 sheets.  Here's also a photo of me in October with the Dawn Patrol hung up on the PVC frame.  Best, Okie

« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 07:19:51 PM by okiehawker »

Offline Starling

• Collector
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2021, 08:05:57 PM »
Okie, that pic is incredible! Would love to see that Dawn Patrol in person.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2021, 08:09:24 PM »
Hahaha that picture is funny.  You standing on that ladder is awesome.  It made me smile.

Also, thanks for posting.  I wish more people would post their HA acquisitions.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Hicks77

• Hobbyist
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2021, 08:54:49 PM »
Great pictures Okie  thumbsup.gif, that poster is massive  faint2.gif

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2021, 08:03:57 AM »
Amazing, Okie!  I was very tempted to bid on that World Without End 24-sheet at Heritage, but the sheer size made me think twice, as I'm not sure I would ever get a chance to display it on my walls (one needs a lot of wall space for this beauty!). 

It's a really great poster, the Reynold Brown art is top notch, and I love that this copy is not linenbacked (although this would make it more difficult to hang).  I'm glad you got this one, it's a real treasure, please post another photo once you receive it!

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2021, 02:56:36 PM »
Thanks, Starling, T, Hicks, and Antoine!

Starling:  My goal is to keep displaying these large posters.  If you have the opportunity to travel next year, I'll keep you posted on when the posters will be up. 

T: Yeah, I'm sure glad the hotel had that big ladder! 

Hicks: You sure are right.  When movie posters get to be around 9 feet x 20 feet, I think their mass does cause more gravitational attraction to the viewers!

Antoine: I'm glad I wasn't bidding against you!  I think to make a  poster this large practical to display, it will have to be backed in some way. I'd hate for it to just sit in a box folded up.  The Dawn Patrol is on one big piece of linen, which works well for displaying, though does require a six inch PVC pipe that is 10 feet long for storage and at least two people to hang it. I'm going to think on it a bit on options for backing and displaying. For instance, strong magnets might work with backing the poster in smaller sections. I'm very open to hearing ideas as well.

Best wishes everyone, Okie

Offline AnthonyFR

• Beginner
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2021, 11:40:50 AM »
This World without End poster is superb… And just gigantic  :o !

I bid on a lot of posters on HA the november.21, and a lot of failures ... Only 3 posters, low priority for me. I will show them if I ever receive them ...

But, I don't know if I will continue to bid on HA because they never answer my emails (bid@ha.com, credit@ha.com ...), especially when I make an international transfer, that the money disappears from my bank account (no answer, of course). I receive much faster their reminder of payment by email (and that annoys me when I send them all the proof and receive no response) and their little cards by mail to thank my bids (even if I'm in France)

It's sad because they have beautiful things, but it's too annoying and stressful to never get an answer (perhaps because my English is so bad)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2021, 12:26:35 PM »
Yeah, those 24 sheets are great...I love that photo of Dawn Patrol, it's so massive!

I've not seen 'World Without End', but the poster has sold it to me (as has the description on IMDB). I'll have to give it a try...

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2021, 07:55:40 PM »
Thanks, AnthonyFR and Tob!

AnthonyFR: I'm Looking forward to seeing what you won as well.

Tob: I think you'll find things to enjoy when watching World Without End.    I agree, the poster image is sure doing its job to entice us to the movie  theatre!!!

Okie