Author Topic: August 2021  (Read 11258 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: August 2021
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2021, 07:15:14 PM »
I concur.  Great Belle et la Bête, Antoine.

Are you going to try and remove the sticker at the bottom or you don't care?  Can it be done without restoration?

And do you own the medium size one?  I still need to find that one.

T
« Last Edit: August 18, 2021, 07:18:40 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2021, 10:56:28 PM »
I agree with you Starling, that Beauty and the Beast is one of my favourites (as is the 2-panel). Love that Robinson Crusoe on Mars too, hadn't seen it before. Congrats Antoine.

Schan - I think you should update this thread with all your Boris goodies so they can be seen in one place! He's a superb artist: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,657.msg209511.html#msg209511

When I'm done Tob, I will.  Or at least, when I think I am done, because T is probably on point with his assessment.  Hell, just a month ago, I picked up Amazons, and I wasn't aware it existed in poster format.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2021, 09:21:39 AM »
I concur.  Great Belle et la Bête, Antoine.

Are you going to try and remove the sticker at the bottom or you don't care?  Can it be done without restoration?

And do you own the medium size one?  I still need to find that one.

T
Actually I will leave that Swiss sticker at the bottom right just the way it is.  I don't mind snipes, stamps and what others might consider flaws on a vintage poster, as to me those added elements are part of the paper's history.  Those are quite common on some Italian and Belgian posters, and I never remove them.

I don't have the French medium size poster; while it is quite nice, it's not as high on my list of acquisition since it's a smaller size and I typically don't collect small paper.  Also, it's basically a colored photo, and I always prefer a painted or drawn composition over a photo-based design.   

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2021, 12:13:34 AM »
Wow, what a triple threat post of amazing posters, Antoine! Three beasts of beauty, indeed!  A whole collection in three posters!  Okie

Actually I will leave that Swiss sticker at the bottom right just the way it is.  I don't mind snipes, stamps and what others might consider flaws on a vintage poster, as to me those added elements are part of the paper's history.  Those are quite common on some Italian and Belgian posters, and I never remove them.

I don't have the French medium size poster; while it is quite nice, it's not as high on my list of acquisition since it's a smaller size and I typically don't collect small paper.  Also, it's basically a colored photo, and I always prefer a painted or drawn composition over a photo-based design.   

Offline AnthonyFR

• Beginner
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2021, 10:29:13 AM »
Barbarella's quad is really beautiful, it would look stunning on my wall in front of my 'One Million Years BC' Quad  ;) (there are graphic similarities, right?)

For my part, I just received my last purchases (only my 2nd purchase for this year).

Notably, a litho poster that I was looking for, with Gene Tierney: China Girl.
In less condition than the poster recently sold on eMovie (and on which I bid to have it unsuccessfully), but I paid for it 5 times cheaper.

Then, a poster from the same era, 'So Proudly We Hail' with Claudette Colbert, Paulette Goddard and Veronica Lake

In the same genre of films I would like to have the posters of Thunderbirds and the two models of I Wanted Wings.
It's not my genre of movies at all (having watched a few) but I find the posters really nice.

And finally, the poster for Corman's movie 'The Raven'

As a bonus, a Lobby Card (waiting to find the one sheet). Fritz Lang's film noir with Joan Bennett, 'Secret beyond the door'.

Immediately received, immediately framed, replacing the 'The astounding she monster' poster and 'The Mole People' title LC.

(sorry for the photos quality, taken quickly upon receiving, under a very disgusting light)

Offline Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2021, 06:31:53 PM »
Barbarella's quad is really beautiful, it would look stunning on my wall in front of my 'One Million Years BC' Quad  ;) (there are graphic similarities, right?)

For my part, I just received my last purchases (only my 2nd purchase for this year).

Notably, a litho poster that I was looking for, with Gene Tierney: China Girl.
In less condition than the poster recently sold on eMovie (and on which I bid to have it unsuccessfully), but I paid for it 5 times cheaper.

Then, a poster from the same era, 'So Proudly We Hail' with Claudette Colbert, Paulette Goddard and Veronica Lake

In the same genre of films I would like to have the posters of Thunderbirds and the two models of I Wanted Wings.
It's not my genre of movies at all (having watched a few) but I find the posters really nice.

And finally, the poster for Corman's movie 'The Raven'

As a bonus, a Lobby Card (waiting to find the one sheet). Fritz Lang's film noir with Joan Bennett, 'Secret beyond the door'.

Immediately received, immediately framed, replacing the 'The astounding she monster' poster and 'The Mole People' title LC.

(sorry for the photos quality, taken quickly upon receiving, under a very disgusting light)

LOVE the China Girl one-sheet and the Secret Beyond the Door lobby card, both are great purchases, congrats Anthony!

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2021, 11:02:28 PM »
LOVE the China Girl one-sheet and the Secret Beyond the Door lobby card, both are great purchases, congrats Anthony!

Yea, really nice

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2021, 12:18:21 AM »
I'll be the third to say nicely done, Anthony! China Girl for 1/5 of the price? That's a great deal on a beautiful poster! It's wild that there seemed to be almost no China Girl and then we see your great one sheet along with a small handful of large posters the last few weeks. What wonderful news!  Okie