Author Topic: Apparent Horror Fakes being offered in market, Beware  (Read 2919 times)

Offline greysm

• Hobbyist
    • Director of US Poster Auctions
Apparent Horror Fakes being offered in market, Beware
« on: June 29, 2021, 04:11:54 PM »
To all movie poster collectors,
It has come to my attention that there is a group of apparent horror poster fakes being peddled on the market now.
They are usually all “autographed” by the stars. These are all rather obvious fraudulent autographs.
The list of titles include the following:
Frankenstein Insert
Dracula Insert
Dracula Half Sheet
Wolf Man insert
Wolf Man half sheet
Phantom of the Opera 1925 Insert
Wizard of Oz half sheet
Wizard of Oz Title Card, Balloon Card and Palace Guards scene.
King Kong Lobby with Wray in tree, Kong and Log and Dead Card with Brontosaurus, Empire State card
Bride of Frankenstein half sheet style B
Bride of Frankenstein Title lobby and Lobby with Clive, Lancaster, Karloff and Thesiger.
Frankenstein Title Card and scene card (cliff)
House of Dracula Title Card and four scene cards
Raven Lobby Card with erroneous image from 1940s release card inserted.
London After Midnight Lobbies (3) one with Chaney as Vampire
Mummy’s Tomb lobby card
The cards seem to all be rubber stamped with some sort of period bogus stamp and are on the wrong paper though skillfully done.
So far this is all I am aware of but believe all of these are poor reproductions with colors significantly misrepresented.
I believe this may be just a partial list.

Grey Smith

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Apparent Horror Fakes being offered in market, Beware
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2021, 08:42:18 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up, Grey.  I guess they wanted to go straight for the felony.  Best, Okie

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2021, 10:59:36 PM »
I just wanted to point out that these people have never contacted me to consign any of their fakes (just as Kerry Haggard never consigned to me), and that the Frankenstein Title Card I will be auctioning soon is 100% legitimate (and has no "autographs" or restoration), and of course it comes with my personal and professional Lifetime Guarantee as to authenticity.

https://www.emovieposter.com/online/previews/202107JulyMajor/20210527_july_preview.jpg

And have the people offering these fakes been reported to the authorities? It certainly qualifies as grand larceny, fraud, or something jail worthy.
We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2021, 01:15:39 AM »
I just wanted to point out that these people have never contacted me to consign any of their fakes (just as Kerry Haggard never consigned to me), and that the Frankenstein Title Card I will be auctioning soon is 100% legitimate (and has no "autographs" or restoration), and of course it comes with my personal and professional Lifetime Guarantee as to authenticity.

How was it that you ended up with the Haggard fake Ghost of Frankenstein lobby in one of your auctions, that was listed all the way until completion and only pulled after I questioned whether or not it was a fake on the forum?

And best of luck with the upcoming Frankenstein, I think we might see Emovie finally cross the magical six-figure threshold with that.  notworthy.gif
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 02:05:01 AM »
I want to state unequivocally that I have never been offered these fakes, I was never offered the fake Dracula one sheet that went to California, I was never  offered any Haggard fakes and I turned down the Salvador Dali fakes that some schmuck brought to me.

I also never bought or owned any fake Gucci shoes, I always get my Santos by Cartier cologne at Dillards and to my knowledge, none of my past girlfriends had any fake boobs, but I have to admit, if any did, and they were offered to me, I most definitely took them, and I most definitely would have gone motorboating.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2021, 02:07:02 AM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2021, 08:57:04 AM »
I bought some fake Thai but I was told they are rare fakes and expensive :p
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2021, 05:43:04 PM »
looks like I have to make a correction to my post

I had forgotten my former stripper girlfriend, who most definitely did have fake boobs.
so I did indeed get offered fakes, I most definitely handled the fakes, and I definitely motorboated.

I still never handled any fake posters, including any Haggard fake Ghost of Frankenstein lobby cards.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2021, 11:49:23 PM »
I also have never been offered these fakes for consignment or otherwise.  But I do have a minty white insert.  A Blade runner one, from that one degenerate ebay seller.  And this one time, I mixed up all this fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaaaaa - and then I dumped it over the side, all over the people in the audience. And then, this was horrible, all the people started getting sick and throwing up all over each other.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2021, 11:53:18 PM by kovacs01 »
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery