Movie Posters > Movie Posters - Latest Acquisitions

June 2021

<< < (5/5)

Heather_Mason_SH3:
I somehow keep finding myself being drawn back to posters because too many great finds pop up that I can't let go!

Here's one I recently got for 1986's Malibu Bikini Shop. I love the film and its soundtrack and just had to get the poster for myself. I've even had the pleasure of talking to the man who produced the (sadly unreleased) soundtrack for the film.
This one is for its limited theatrical run. I found the video store poster for sale months back - and it stayed up for a while - but I let it go and have been hunting it down ever since. Still have yet to track down the video release poster but at least I know it exists and I have this beauty for now!

Here's another video poster - 1981's Hell Night.
I'm not sure what to think about this one. It definitely looks, feels, and smells old. I have a theatrical poster from around the same year - '81 or '82 - that I know is authentic and has similar qualities to this one but the print itself is what throws me off. For the most part it looks fine and from a distance you wouldn't second guess it's real - but looking at it closely there are seemingly some fold lines in the artwork but the poster itself has never been folded. If it was theatrical I'd say fake  but because it's an early video release poster and I can't find any evidence of its existence outside of my own copy - I can't say for sure. Maybe the early release posters were just like this? Media was definitely the company that released the VHS though - so there's that at least!

okiehawker:
Heather Mason: I think Sponge Bob could set-up house in your first poster! Crazy fun!  Okie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version