Common Poster Subjects > Auction House, Dealer & Other Seller Experiences

UK dealers

<< < (2/3) > >>

marklawd:
I've only purchased one poster from Simon Dwyer at a more than fair price - I enjoyed going over to his London studio in person to look through his posters for sale - he is entirely legitimate.

Mark

Hicks77:
I purchased from fmp2000 before.  No problems at all, good solid packaging.

Mardukas:
I'd add another vote for Simon Dwyer. Have bought a few things from him over the years, and found him great to deal with. His prices seem pretty reasonable, too.

Simes:
Yup, Simon Dwyer, me too.  Spot on.

AnthonyFR:
I have already bought in the past from SimonDwyer

But I admit to having stopped because of quality problem on a linenbacked poster for 'Plan 9 from Outer Space' noted as in perfect condition. But in fact, he had many retouching (and quite roughly) Unfortunately, I took a long time to send him back because of personal problems, at half price. (He resold the poster after changing the description,less flattering, and price)
Ditto with a folded poster of 'Frankenstein Meets The Space Monster' (also marked in VF condition) but with many tapes on all folds on the back.

The other folded posters were as described, VF

Now when I buy online I always ask for detailed photos (front and back)...

As fmp2000, I don't know. I looked ebay and some prices are relatively overestimated (Large French Frisson des Vampires / Shiver of the Vampires: € 800 !! while it can be found for less than € 300)
But the prices are in $ ($1000 for this poster) so certainly for American market and not French market.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version