Author Topic: Academy Awards Nominations  (Read 2888 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Academy Awards Nominations
« on: March 15, 2021, 06:57:30 PM »
Every year, I like to collect as many posters as I can from Academy Awards best picture nominees.  This year has proven to be really difficult, since most of these movies had short theatrical runs before streaming.  At least I have one of each.  I actually wonder how many posters were printed compared to the normal output.

All OS DS and bus.  When I couldn't find the OS, I went to quads.  Still searching...

Two that I thought would make the cut but ended up with representation in the acting categories.

T
« Last Edit: March 15, 2021, 07:00:49 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
Re: Academy Awards Nominations
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 09:23:18 AM »
Loved One Night in Miami and Trial of the Chicago Seven.

Really want to see Promising Young Woman.

Good luck with the search T.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 11:18:44 AM »
Yes, this is actually a very good crop.  There is not a movie I didn't like.  Obviously, Nomadland will win it all, but the others are great.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2021, 12:18:11 PM »
Checked out from the Oscars since 98 when they screwed Saving Private Ryan over for Shakespeare in Love. Such a scam.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 04:58:51 PM »
That Imax poster for Nomadland is really very nice. Haven't seen the movie yet, but there definitely seems to be a decent slate of nominees this year in the Best Picture category. Thought Judas... was very good.

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 05:17:43 PM »
That Imax poster for Nomadland is really very nice.

Agreed - Is that a one sheet Thierry?

Mark

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 06:00:46 PM »
It's a bus shelter.  The only one I've encountered and my favorite poster of 2020.  It reminds me of early 80s posters like Used Cars.  So much stuff to look at.

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2021, 08:58:28 AM »
La Boca have released a limited edition print for Sound of Metal. I quite like the design and I'm looking forward to the film, but the Amazon logos seem a bit intrusive/large which put me off ordering it.

https://www.labocashop.co.uk/product/sound-of-metal

https://www.instagram.com/p/COLkZhgBjFk/

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 10:00:14 AM »
Yes, it's not bad.  I got it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2022, 05:31:14 PM »
Yes, I'm one of those crazy people who enjoys collecting modern posters, something I know is being frowned upon on these esteemed parts.  But I like it.  Getting Academy Awards nominated posters has been difficult, especially streamers like Coda, Tick Tick Boom, Power of the Dog, Being the Ricardos...  I don't know how many posters they print, but not a lot.

Here are my winnings so far...

And on my website: https://www.moviepostersgallery.com/academy-awards/

T
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 09:19:03 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2022, 04:14:33 AM »
Such dedication.  Fair play.

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2022, 08:56:31 PM »
Good luck hunting those modern rarities, T!  Have you figured out how many posters on some of those were actually released?  Okie

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2022, 10:18:56 PM »
Good luck hunting those modern rarities, T!  Have you figured out how many posters on some of those were actually released?  Okie

I think what I have there is pretty much it, design wise, except maybe for Drive My Car, which has a couple more designs which I will get later on.  Getting those posters is becoming as difficult as getting 1940s posters.  Being the Ricardos, Coda and Tick Tick Boom especially.  All one sheets DS.

It's fun!!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2022, 04:33:23 AM »
For Parallel Mothers, there is another poster out there, designed by Javier Jaen, which proved so controversial it got temporarily banned by Instagram - it depicts a close-up of a lactating nipple.

I've seen original Spanish one-sheets go for several hundred dollars but you can get a large format (roughly one-sheet size) print of the poster from the artist's website for 100 Euros + shipping.

https://www.shopjavierjaen.com/product/madres-paralelas

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2022, 10:48:44 PM »
Yeah, I know, I've actually passed on this poster a couple of times because it's so gross.  Also, the artist doesn't seem to number his copies, which is a big no-no for me.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2023, 09:12:42 PM »
This year's noms through my posters.

T
My Personal Collection