Author Topic: Clockwork orange 1 sheet R rating(real or fake?)  (Read 3867 times)

Offline Poster_Mike

• Beginner
Clockwork orange 1 sheet R rating(real or fake?)
« on: February 02, 2021, 06:21:50 PM »
Hi guys
I bought the attached poster on ebay from a seller on with thousands of 5* reviews. Seller insists its genuine but I'm unsure.

Some reasons I'm suspicious is the lack of sharpness of the G in the Union logo. I have put another poster below for comparison in 2nd photo. There's also some residue around other letters.

Can anyone comment please or even better post a picture of a copy they know to be genuine?

Much appreciated
Mike

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Clockwork orange 1 sheet R rating(real or fake?)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2021, 08:26:16 PM »
I'm not sure.  I'd have to check mine but it's buried and I don't have the energy to get to it.  I think printing variations may occur from posters to posters.  Certainly this could be the case.  Is it 27x41in?  If it is, I think you're good.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Poster_Mike

• Beginner
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2021, 01:44:39 PM »
Hey T. Many thanks for the comment. Poster is 27 x 41 but I'm still not convinced

Offline Poster_Mike

• Beginner
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2021, 03:34:46 PM »
Incredible collection eatbrie. I will spend be constantly on your site   :D

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2021, 04:56:44 PM »
Yeah for effort!!!

Because I'm so nice, and a little bored today, I went through a drawer and found both the X and the R.  I don't know if it helps, but it gives you a little more range.

X

R

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2021, 04:58:34 PM »
Oops, I just realized that you posted a different printer.  Oh well..

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2021, 05:29:33 PM »
Good effort finding them, T!

I have the R rated version and looking at the photo on my site, I think it’s the GAU version. I’ll try and find it this weekend. My flat file is disorganised though, so it may be a fruitless search.

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2021, 06:07:20 AM »
Found it...

Offline Poster_Mike

• Beginner
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2021, 01:06:44 PM »
I really appreciate that Tob. I am comfortable now that what I got is genuine  ;)

Offline Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 06:36:43 AM »
No prob! Happy to help and glad it confirmed authenticity. It was in a sleeve with some other folded one sheets, so it was nice to go through them and look at some posters whilst looking for this one.