Author Topic: November 2020  (Read 19622 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: November 2020
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2020, 10:40:31 PM »
Never heard of In Fabric so I cannot judge.  But I've heard of Return of the Jedi and this poster is an absolute must in any Star Wars collection.

NICE!!!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2020, 10:21:38 AM »
Glad to help Tob! Enjoy, it is a great piece.

This was not a November purchase, have no idea when I bought it but just got around to getting an image for it.

Flash Gordon Thai poster. IMO the best image for the film.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2020, 10:29:36 AM »
Glad to help Tob! Enjoy, it is a great piece.

This was not a November purchase, have no idea when I bought it but just got around to getting an image for it.

Flash Gordon Thai poster. IMO the best image for the film.

Cool! Flash Gordon 8)

If your a fan of the Thai artwork then there's also a portrait version by the same artist (Tongdee) that's just as good "IMO" if you've not already got it thumbsup.gif

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2020, 11:25:38 AM »
Cool! Flash Gordon 8)

If your a fan of the Thai artwork then there's also a portrait version by the same artist (Tongdee) that's just as good "IMO" if you've not already got it thumbsup.gif

Thanks Test. I have seen it but have yet to add it to my collection. Tongdee's artwork is incredible, wish it was more widely used and recognized.
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2020, 01:52:04 PM »
Thanks Test. I have seen it but have yet to add it to my collection. Tongdee's artwork is incredible, wish it was more widely used and recognized.

There's lots of fantastic Flash Gordon posters out there, but, I certainly agree with you that the Thai versions are up there with the best of them, I also agree about Tongdee, easily IMO one of the best poster artists in the world, and I think nowadays lots more poster collector's are starting to see just how good Tongdee's work is.

I have both of the Flash Gordon Thai posters, I've had them in my collection for a while now, you can't go wrong with either of them, both are great!

Here's my portrait version for anyone that wants to compare the two versions :)

« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 01:53:53 PM by Test1 »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2020, 06:42:36 PM »
New one for me...  French Psycho by Boris Grinsson.  It's nice to finally have something to show.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2020, 09:47:33 PM »
Love that French Psycho, great pick up!

Offline Seckin

• Beginner
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 12:10:26 PM »
Great French for Psycho. Congrats!!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2020, 08:14:39 PM »
This one I'm a little excited about... one because I dabble in Kubrick and two because it is extremely rare.

French The Killing (1956) - Art by Roger Soubie

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2020, 03:42:15 AM »
A couple of cracking entries there T.

Right to be excited.

Offline Test1

• Hobbyist
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2020, 08:48:00 AM »
@T

Like both of your recent additions, but, especially the Psycho, very nice notworthy.gif

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2020, 10:01:52 AM »
Love the Jaws B0 and Laura sixer. Great pick ups, fellas.
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2020, 05:38:58 PM »
Another Frenchie I've had trouble locating...  Already own the style A and the double panel, so this one was an absolute must.  Folded and mint condition as it should.  Some good stuff coming in after a year of nothing.

La Belle et la Bête (1946)

T
My Personal Collection

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2020, 06:05:27 PM »
Bravo for both The Killing (never seen that one before) and Beauty and the Beast Style B, Thierry!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2020, 11:38:19 PM »
Thanks Antoine.  It's definitely not for everyone, I get that, but I really like them.

My favorite, even if by far the cheapest of the lot, is this one for La Bride sur le Cou (Please, Not Now!) (1961).  It's big, 44x121in.  Another piece for my Bardot collection.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline angelflyover

• Beginner
« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2020, 05:42:50 AM »
Nice Bardot Thierry.Not much new due to the pandemic.But this recent poster really caught my eye.Antlers international.When it is displayed in the light box ,there is a depth to it.Quite nice.
antlers by angel flyover, on Flickr

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #41 on: November 14, 2020, 12:17:41 PM »
very very high walls needed to hang BB. doubt she'd even fit on my floor
love french Psycho, hitch looks pished

recent buy, french 1p for If You Could Only Cook, a thirties screwball comedy

Offline DinDinTahm

• Beginner
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2020, 09:44:24 PM »
New one for me...  French Psycho by Boris Grinsson.  It's nice to finally have something to show.

T

https://youtu.be/6k_q1-OjNjM

That one looks like Hitch is picking his nose - or about to. Pahz...
Call me Tahmmie - everybody does...

Offline Steven11788

• Beginner
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2020, 05:43:06 PM »

just in and framed.

Online Antoine1973

• Collector
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2020, 06:57:47 PM »
Nothing terribly exciting, but I recently got those 4 French posters with art by famous illustrators (Constantin Belinsky, Philippe Druillet, Roger Soubie and Jean Mascii), all from the 1960s.

Offline Ratzkywatzky

• Beginner
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2020, 07:29:07 PM »
That French Psycho and the Bardot are just amazing. Not that the rest aren't amazing. They are. But I've never seen that Psycho before nor the Bardot. Might be the best Bardot poster I can remember.

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2020, 11:25:16 AM »
Another Frenchie I've had trouble locating...  Already own the style A and the double panel, so this one was an absolute must.  Folded and mint condition as it should.  Some good stuff coming in after a year of nothing.

La Belle et la Bête (1946)

T

Yet another I did not even know existed. Nice pickup.

Everyone is showing some great stuff this month!
Just bleach the bitch!

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2020, 09:59:56 AM »
Might be the best Bardot poster I can remember.

Thanks.  There are so many Bardot posters out there.  I own close to 550 pieces at this point, I have half a dozen en route to me and still find new ones I had never seen before.  It's a fun collection to tackle (https://www.moviepostersgallery.com/brigitte-bardot/)

T
My Personal Collection

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2020, 10:00:58 AM »
Everyone is showing some great stuff this month!

Agreed.  And we're only 1/2 way through the month.  HA is next week.  More goodies for everyone!!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2020, 02:19:09 PM »
Mail call today.

Not often that I buy prints but really liked these. Set for the original trilogy.

Just bleach the bitch!