Common Poster Subjects > Photography & Digital Imagery

Digital camera recommendations?

<< < (5/5)

holiday:

--- Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com on November 12, 2010, 04:37:10 AM ---Armin, I've been looking into the 60D & 7D
one question:
does your camera attach to your computer via usb cable for remote operation via the Canon camera utility?

--- End quote ---

I tried the computer control through the software using my rebel xti, and while it was fun for a bit, it ultimately was a pain in the ass.  Armin's right - I also use the wireless remote and it's much quicker, plus it avoids any movement of the camera when shooting. Then I just attach the camera after, import the pics and we're good to go.  It's just as easy to pull the memory card and plug that into the computer if you have the capability to do so.

Harry Caul:

--- Quote from: Harry Caul on November 11, 2010, 04:36:16 PM ---If you want something compact, cheap and that has interchangable lenses... you would be hard pressed to find a better deal than the Olympus E-P1 refurb for $370.  It is in the same family as the G2 mentioned above (micro43 lenses) but this on is the first model. The focus speed on the newest m43 cameras has improved considerably, but this on will still be faster than a point and shoot. The only hang up on this one is no flash... But I prefer that for regular shooting anyway (especially if you get the EXCELLENT Panny 20mm 1.7 compact prime which does great in low light). Also due to the lack of mirror and therefore short register distance, there are also cheap adaptors available for nearly every past camera system. If you are comfortable shooting manual focus you can pick up some incredible old glass for a pittance on eBay.

I would think manual focus and no flash would be no problem for shooting static posters anyway as you'll want side lighting to avoid reflections. And you'll end up with a very fun and competent street shooter as well. If you like a dslr form factor and want a viewfinder/flash... check eBay for the old Panny G1 as well. I'm sure it can be had cheap.

Hope this helps!  I got an Oly EP2 and love it.

--- End quote ---

Not to keep chatting up these new "mirror-less" cameras, but all of the following shots were taken with my Oly EP2, which is more or less the same as the EP1 I mentioned above -- minus the option of a clip on electronic viewfinder.  If you don't mind composing on an LCD screen... it is a heck of a value for $370.

I'm still new to photography... I only picked it up after quitting the forum in March to focus on finishing my PhD.  I quickly realized that I needed a creative outlet so I wouldn't go insane!  These shots are mainly to show the capability of the camera... not my (hopefully improving) ability as a photog.

skyjackers:
Wow, theres some really cool shots in this thread. They're really giving me some inspiration, just need to pic a camera!

ddilts399:
As stated, time saver here - http://www.eye.fi/

No longer have to take the camera off the tripod.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version