Author Topic: Stolen posters: Cory Glaberson (Reel Art Posters)  (Read 15255 times)

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
Re: Stolen posters: Cory Glaberson (Reel Art Posters)
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2020, 10:24:39 PM »
I have his address and it wouldnt be pretty.

T

This is the entertainment 2020 needs! ;D

Offline Tang Lung in Rome

• Hoarder
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2020, 12:03:24 AM »
Do you have his emails , if he agreed in those thats binding imo

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2020, 01:15:31 PM »
Another installation to this shit show!

I managed to get a response from one of the employees. Forthcoming and helpful, they asked me to send a list of the posters I sent over. I then received the response below feeling hopeful that I may finally get an answer.

That was a week ago today. I followed up on Thursday as suggested, over the weekend, and today. No response. So now I'm thinking after speaking to Cory, he likely instructed them to ghost and not respond just as he has for the last two years. Fucking bizarre!

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2020, 04:51:38 PM »
Shall we initiate operation APF poster-shame?   Say the word....

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2020, 05:53:18 PM »
I would give them another week.  Between Covid and Labor Day, people have been a little overwhelmed.  I know I've let a lot of things fall thru the cracks.  Shoot them another email.  By next Monday, you should have an answer.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2020, 07:03:18 PM »
I’m sure most of the other dealers that Cory knows would be on MOPO. If you want to shame him that’s prob the place to do it. Maybe start a thread there?

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2020, 08:49:42 PM »
Another installation to this shit show!

I managed to get a response from one of the employees. Forthcoming and helpful, they asked me to send a list of the posters I sent over. I then received the response below feeling hopeful that I may finally get an answer.

That was a week ago today. I followed up on Thursday as suggested, over the weekend, and today. No response. So now I'm thinking after speaking to Cory, he likely instructed them to ghost and not respond just as he has for the last two years. Fucking bizarre!

Yep! As suspected, the employee did completely ghost. No response since the message above. Real piece of work.

I’m sure most of the other dealers that Cory knows would be on MOPO. If you want to shame him that’s prob the place to do it. Maybe start a thread there?

I hadn't realised MOPO was still active. Thank you!

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2022, 03:20:15 PM »
An update no one asked for!

Since my last post I had given up on the situation entirely. I was stonewalled and getting nowhere so I took the L and moved on.

Scrolling online yesterday, I came across a poster I once owned that I sent to Cory. Feeling pissed, I sent a message inspired by a move by '50s' from years ago. I sent the following:

not even an hour later I received the following response:

Keep in mind this is the first and only response I have received from him in almost four years!

Prior to the response above, this was the last message I received (peep the date)

Because if stealing and stonewalling wasn't bad enough, this 'reputable dealer' is now a victim. :'( - Very telling that he only responded to a 'threat' against his 'reputation'.

If anyone does want to poke around and ask him what his story is please let me know! I'm super interested in how he's going to justify his theft and piss-poor conduct.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2022, 04:36:15 PM »
I don’t go to MOPO, not a place for collectors, only dealers, but did you shame him there, and what was the response?

What a piece of work!

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2022, 02:04:49 AM »
Labeda, sorry for that.

If you still have copies of your agreement (email, chat, etc.) and considering he paid the down payment (you must have a proof too), then the agreement you had is valid and still stand.   You send reminders but got no replies, the first thing I would do then is to send an invoice for the remaining posters with interest - the cover note should state terms of the agreement, date and posters and highlight the lack of replies.   Be nice, give him an alternative, that is to return the posters within seven days with proof of shipping.     The amount you are asking is below the small claim court (most small claim court in the US starts from 2500 USD); so if you are have a lawyer, resend the invoice with interest and letter of demand from lawyer a month later.  And continue to do so, every month, with interest; once you reach 2500USD, action may be taken.   All this to say that action is required from your side to have proof and valid case, just invoice, again and again; demand letter, etc.  Do the layman lawyer first, be firm and always state the agreement terms and the fact you never received the posters nor the money; then your invoicing and demand letter is totally valid, not sure about the interest on debt.

I also got ripped off by a seller here who run a mess and failed to ship my goods... yet I have paid for them...  I have tried to get my posters by sending numerous emails and the guy was a bit nasty, telling me it has been years (yeah sure, I send a few reminders over the years) and I got the goods (well, I have emails where he says he found them and will ship them ASAP).  But he never did, I guess he resold them at his auctions.   Just like you, I had to consider shaming, then his replies were just terrible, I got insults, telling me to go fuck myself, etc.   The funniest of all, this guy is in this forum and went I raised the matter, the all discussion was that dealers should "not to deal with terrible customers like me who don't track his purchase".  He wanted me to pay shipping on the two items he found back and I refused...  Ahahaha, this guy managed to turn the situation and he played the victim. Guess what, it worked, he got support here... even after insulting me.  He even used my story for promotional purpose, saying that next buyer will get some of my stuff.  He is a well loved person here, so I am the asshole in the story :)   Some people can be really arrogant and BS... and so cheap than a dollar is a dollar.  And some people are really biased, even if this guy was right, the way he replied in this forum was just terrible.   Seeing the good side of the story is helpful, while I am enjoying home-working from a tropical beach with a well-paid salary, this guy is presumably still arranging his trucks full of 1-dollar poster craps so that he can make ends meet. He can keep my dollars but he deserve to be reminded of below-to-zero attitude. 

Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Offline ladeda

• Hobbyist
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2022, 10:10:12 PM »
I don’t go to MOPO, not a place for collectors, only dealers, but did you shame him there, and what was the response?

What a piece of work!

T

I didn't. MOPO have so many rules against calling out dealers/members. I thought it'd just get nixed on sight.

Thanks BwanaDik. I've really just moved on. I'm not willing to put in any more time to chase him up. He knows he's a thief, and this little corner does too.
It pissed me off being reminded about this, so I sent a message expecting nothing as usual.

This thread appearing so high up in google in any search of Cory/Reel Art is a small consolation.  thumbsup.gif

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2022, 03:27:25 AM »
It is a small consolation  thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif

Reel Art Collectibles
Cory Glaberson
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.