Author Topic: Question for Bruce re: Children of the Night Book?  (Read 3594 times)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Question for Bruce re: Children of the Night Book?
« on: October 30, 2010, 04:57:12 PM »
Not sure where to post this so please move to For Sale Thread if it should be there...

Anyways, maybe some others are wondering as well - Bruce, which version of Gresham's Children of the Night book are you offering at the discounted price?  I have heard that the 2nd edition presents much better and contains additional posters over the 1st edition...

Thanks.
Chris

Bruce

Re: Question for Bruce re: Children of the Night Book?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 05:19:52 PM »
You are correct! The first edition had somewhat inferior printing and after it sold out, Jim Gresham decided to do a second edition with much better printing, and while he was at it, he added more images as well! This really IS the coolest monster poster book imaginable, but until now many collectors thought it was just too much money to justify the expense ($85).

But now, all you have to do is buy any ONE of the 1,365 items (even one ONE DOLLAR item) in either part of our Halloween sale and you can buy this book for the insanely low price of $24.99 (and it IS the much superior second edition).

Go to http://www.emovieposter.com/learnmore/?page=zoffers_children_of_the_night for full details.

This is a deal you would be crazy to miss out on! As I posted on MoPo:

This offer is sheer insanity on Jim's part, and more proof of just how much he loves this hobby, and how he just wants every collector to be able to have a copy of this unbelievable book at at a so-low-it-can't-be-believed-price!

We won't be making a dime on this (and will lose a fair amount in shipping the books) but we are super happy to be able to extend this offer to all the buyers from either part of the Halloween auctions.

So if you get an item for say $5 (say a folded one-sheet or a lobby card), you also get the great t-shirt FREE, and for an added $24.99 you can also have Jim's massive tome, and if you live in the U.S. we will ship you the poster or card PLUS the shirt PLUS the books for just $10 for everything, so for $39.99 ($5 plus $24.99, plus $10) you will get a GIANT box filled with goodies you will love delivered to your door!

... and it goes without saying that there will be no $14 minimum buyers premium (or 20% or 25% buyers premiums).

Bruce

P.S. The book makes an UNBELIEVABLE holiday gift for anyone who likes monster movies, so even if you already have one you should consider getting another!

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 05:24:17 PM »
Appreciate the quick response Bruce (and of course, it was another great opportunity for your marketing ;) )
Chris

Bruce

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2010, 07:52:47 PM »
I agree it was a good thing for us (even though we will lose money on the deal), because it will likely get us more bidders, but it is a better deal for all our buyers, and I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't find ONE item to buy!

Bruce

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2010, 08:00:07 PM »
I think it's a good because as I told Jim at Cinevent when he asked why I didn't have a copy: "$20 is my breakout point to buy a book."

so we both laughed because jim is a great guy and now that Bruce will have them this week, I can splurge the extra $4.95

sm1

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 02:07:11 AM »
What about shipping costs over sea's ?
It's more than a Hobby...

Bruce

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 09:14:52 AM »
We just charge the exact cost of shipping outside the U.S., plus $2 for packaging materials (and we use great boxes and boards, as Rich can attest to!).

The problem is that the Post Office eliminated Surface Mail, which was a great bargain, even though it sometimes took two or three months, and they drastically raised the rates on all Airmail services (thanks to soaring gas costs), and this is a big heavy book, so there is no inexpensive way to ship it.

If you have any friend or relative who you will be visiting in the U.S. (or if you have one who is going to the U.S. on a visit) we can send it to them and then you can get it, but that usually is more trouble than its worth.

So you might just accept the shipping, and know that you are getting a wonderful deal on the book (with any poster or lobby) and you get the bonus t-shirt too).

Bruce

P.S. Rich, you prove exactly why I wanted Jim to make this offer with us. I felt certain there were lots of people like you who would never buy this for $85, but who WOULD buy it for $24.99. and I hope no one who did not get the book because of the price lets this chance slip away.

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 11:34:59 AM »
The first edition had somewhat inferior printing and after it sold out, Jim Gresham decided to do a second edition with much better printing...

Well, that blows monkey nards.  I've got the first edition and it started falling a part from the first day I opened it.

At least I got a certificate...

--Peter
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Bruce

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »
Peter

Knowing Jim, I would think he would probably exchange the first edition for the second edition.

I can give you his e-mail if you don't have it.

Bruce

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 01:18:37 PM »
I always figured he had enough problems to deal with so I never bothered.  It is such a wealth of info that, like a hot girlfriend with a stupid laugh, it's worth putting up with.  Plus, my copy will be worth more as the "rare, fall apart, first edition."

Suckers.

--Peter
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2010, 03:22:36 PM »
like a hot girlfriend with a stupid laugh, it's worth putting up with. 

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------