Author Topic: Horror Shows  (Read 6629 times)

Online bigmike

• Collector
Horror Shows
« on: October 16, 2019, 09:37:35 PM »
Alright. So I watch a lot of horror. And try to find some good horror shows back then... I knew about tales from the crypt, tales from the dark side, but how the heck. Did I miss Monsters? Never come up as recommended? I’ve never heard of it until now! watched it on Prime, a lot of popular actors in it too! Sure it’s cheesy, but still, how did I miss this one? Are there any others out there that I’m missing??

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
Re: Horror Shows
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 11:24:35 PM »
Alright. So I watch a lot of horror. And try to find some good horror shows back then... I knew about tales from the crypt, tales from the dark side, but how the heck. Did I miss Monsters? Never come up as recommended? I’ve never heard of it until now! watched it on Prime, a lot of popular actors in it too! Sure it’s cheesy, but still, how did I miss this one? Are there any others out there that I’m missing??
Hi Big Mike,

Monsters played at weird times, and inconsistent times on my local station, if I remember right.

Here you go on some others:
One Step Beyond
Outer Limits
Friday the 13th TV Show (it was related to cursed antiques)

Also, check out this Wikipedia link for some: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_horror_television_programs

Okie

Online bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2019, 07:00:57 AM »
Thanks Okie,
Will check them out. I remember the Friday the 13th series, but vaguely. I just remember I was a young kid watching it and was only excited to see Jason, then half way through the series, was like wtf, where Is he? Lol...
I have to see if I can find Freddy’s nightmares as well!

Offline Stefano

• Hobbyist
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 12:21:27 AM »
I caught an episode of "Monsters" some time as a kid.  It was the episode called "Farmer's Daughter."  Scared the crap out of me, and I couldn't remember the name of the show for years, but finally found it on YouTube not long ago.  They actually sprinkled a lot of humor into the show that totally went over my head as a kid.  Definitely worthy of cult-status, but you're right, very few people talk about it today. 

Okie, "One Step Beyond" is a great recommendation.  I really enjoyed watching these.

The one I really liked growing up was called "Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction."  They would show five different stories each show - some were totally made up, others were (purportedly) based on actual events.  The viewer had to guess which stories were real or fake, which was revealed at the end of the show.  When I was in middle school, my friend and I used to watch this, then call each other on the phone during the commercials and try to decide if we thought the stories were true, without getting too freaked out.  Some of it was cheesy fun, and some of it was legitimately creepy and pretty good.  It's free on YouTube (legally, by a distributor called FilmRise).  Recommended if you haven't seen it!

Online bigmike

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 03:44:36 PM »
I’m gonna check that episode out on YouTube tonight