Author Topic: Yet Another eBay Shipping Moron Rears His Moron Head  (Read 12619 times)

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
Yet Another eBay Shipping Moron Rears His Moron Head
« on: September 23, 2019, 09:52:39 PM »
yes.. You find that item. "Oh my gosh! I've never seen that size before. I wasn't even sure if it existed.. Must buy it!!"

only for the xxxxxxx selling it to box it like shit

so you message him via ebay:

I just picked up the poster at the post office and sadly, due to inadequate packaging, the package & poster have been crushed & bent
what do we do now?
Rich

does the seller reply "Oh my apologies. I should do a better job next time. What can we do to fix it?"

NO. He doesn't....

New message from: xxxxxxxxxxxx
File a complaint with the USPS. The packaging was adequate, more so that what USPS offers for poster shipping.

WHAT ?!?

So we reply

Read & listen closely

1) I am a longtime mail order dealer of 50+ years.
We use heavy duty tubes to do any shipping, and stuff them with peanuts also. such tubes are required for any shipment someone wants to get to teh destination safely

2) your flimsy box was entirely inadequate. It would crush easily & just because you write 'fragile' on the box doesn't mean the post office will handle it like eggs in shipment. Your box as a result, did not get here safely

3) My business is with YOU, not the post office. The party that has business with the post office, is YOU
YOU can file a claim with the post office.

4) I will be filing a claim... with eBay and then Paypal

5) do you understand how this works now?

and

here are some pictures for you, but the pictures don't really do justice to the damage even
the box was crushed & bent.
the result is the poster was crushed & dented..

think about the right thing, before I go to ebay & move to the next level

this is your fault, no one elses

and here we wait for this asshole to get his head out of his ass... Jeopardy theme inserts at this location ( )

here are some pics

« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 10:34:26 PM by MoviePosterBid.com »

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

• Post-aholic
Re: Yet Another eBay Shipping Moron Rears His Moron Head
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 10:35:52 PM »
well, the seller may have gotten smart real quick, so I removed the link & his ebay handle to not piss on his sales.

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 10:38:17 PM »
Sounds like a total ass-clown in more ways than one, Rich.. starting with the fact that he thinks YOU should be the one to file the damage claim with the USPS (and, of course, that flimsy, square corrugated mailing tube is right up there, too).  faint2.gif moron1 hitself

Awesome 1-5 plus pix response you sent back.  thumbsup.gif

Tho, he might not know how to take it (low IQ folks like him rarely do).

-Jeff

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 10:44:18 PM »
Hi Richie, Of course it has to happen to a rare poster, too! I hope it works out, though what a bummer. I don't recall many posters at all that large size that late. 

Okie

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 10:48:52 PM »
I feel like we need to see the actual poster image for this tale to be wholly satisfying.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 10:54:46 PM »
I like how the seller used various silverware and assorted tools to hold the poster unrolled & flat for his photo (equaling lack of care, imho).

That alone would have had me a little concerned for potential "things to come," mailing-wise.   sad.gif
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 11:07:10 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 11:15:53 PM »
Sounds like a total ass-clown in more ways than one, Rich.. starting with the fact that he thinks YOU should be the one to file the damage claim with the USPS (and, of course, that flimsy, square corrugated mailing tube is right up there, too).  faint2.gif moron1 hitself

Awesome 1-5 plus pix response you sent back.  thumbsup.gif

Tho, he might not know how to take it (low IQ folks like him rarely do).

that may not be a fair statement, but it would be if the guy wasn't trying to come to a fix right now, though he wants to give me back less than I want. I think he, like many other dealers, is getting worn out by ebay policies, although I think his packaging is of course the problem and I'm surprised he doesn't.

Hi Richie, Of course it has to happen to a rare poster, too! I hope it works out, though what a bummer. I don't recall many posters at all that large size that late. 

Okie

you know what, I wasn't sure that a 40x60 for the title existed and I meant to look at my pressbook to see if it's in the list.
Surprisingly, I don't have 40x60s for any of the other Chandler titles, except for Murder My Sweet. and damn, that thing is rare!

I feel like we need to see the actual poster image for this tale to be wholly satisfying.

well, it's not an Australian daybill, and has way better art

-------

• Post-aholic
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 11:17:05 PM »
by the way, we aren't talking about an expensive poster. it only cost a hundred bucks, but it was rolled before, now it's a rolleded folded

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 11:22:05 PM »
that may not be a fair statement, but it would be if the guy wasn't trying to come to a fix right now, though he wants to give me back less than I want. I think he, like many other dealers, is getting worn out by ebay policies, although I think his packaging is of course the problem and I'm surprised he doesn't.

you know what, I wasn't sure that a 40x60 for the title existed and I meant to look at my pressbook to see if it's in the list.
Surprisingly, I don't have 40x60s for any of the other Chandler titles, except for Murder My Sweet. and damn, that thing is rare!

well, it's not an Australian daybill, and has way better art

Is he a poster dealer?

I only ask because he also sells used pairs of shoes and clothing.

Quite the poster dealer-entrepeneur, sounds like.  ;)

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 11:25:11 PM »
Is he a poster dealer?

some people sell anything. I wouldn't doubt he might buy storage units

-------

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 11:25:30 PM »
Is he a poster dealer?

Used shoes?!  Must be from stiffs Robert Mitchum relieved of their need to walk anymore.
Okie

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 11:26:32 PM »
Used shoes?!  Must be from stiffs Robert Mitchum relieved of their need to walk anymore.
Okie

laugh1
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 12:59:12 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline redman

• Collector
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2019, 02:48:49 PM »
Used shoes?!
there can be good money in second hand shoes Oakie - i sold a pair of Edward Greens for over £200 a while ago which cost me £7. i myself have about 8 pairs of Church's because i live close to an affluent area with good charity shops thumbup

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2019, 09:43:06 PM »
there can be good money in second hand shoes Oakie - i sold a pair of Edward Greens for over £200 a while ago which cost me £7. i myself have about 8 pairs of Church's because i live close to an affluent area with good charity shops thumbup

Hi Redman, I don't begrudge a man a good pair of used shoes.  I know my ancestors relieved some boots from a rival now and then...  A favorite saying from my mom when we were growing up was "Take off your shoes and let the fungus be among us."
Okie

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2019, 11:09:56 PM »
not resolved yet

-------

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2019, 11:26:34 PM »
some people sell anything. I wouldn't doubt he might buy storage units

He may be that kind of uninformed bottom feeder, looking only to make a buck.  :P

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2019, 04:06:00 PM »
okay folks, avoid this asshole. he's a complete waste of time, doesn't know how to pack and refuses to take responsibility for himself.
he deserves a '0' failing grade all around.

eBay user markisstore

Mark Mojarrieta
Marina Dl Rey, CA, 90292-8704

item bought
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-The-Big-Sleep-1978-60x40-Movie-Poster/133161725472?hash=item1f010eae20:g:VckAAOSwlYRdcYmP

picture of item as listed

picture of item as received

Messages to & from seller

RH:

I just picked up the poster at the post office and sadly, due to inadequate packaging, the package & poster have been crushed & bent

what do we do now?

Rich
=============

MM:
File a complaint with the USPS. The packaging was adequate, more so that what USPS offers for poster shipping.
==============

RH:
here are some pictures for you, but the pictures don't really do justice to the damage even
the box was crushed & bent.
the result is the poster was crushed & dented..

think about the right thing, before I go to ebay & move to the next level

this is your fault, no one elses
================

MM:
I have used these boxes before without any issues until now. This is not my fault. But USPS... I thank you for the pictures, I can use them later to file a claim. I do see the bent dent below the label. This has never happen before. Especially under 2day priority shipping.

I expressed to you to file a claim with USPS because you have the physical box and item which as the buyer you are allowed to do.

If you do not wish too, then I am prepare to offer you a partial refund of 30 dollars. Since this is a rare item and I am confident you will not find another.

If this does not satisfy you. Then you have EBays buyers protection and you should file a claim and we go through the process. I refund you and I then file a claim with USPS
===================

RH:
Mark

that sounds a little better than "file a claim" thank you

let's deal with the poster first. I can take more pictures if you like, but it actually is creased up a lot more than you can see, repeating a number of time from top to bottom, every 5-6 inches or so and yes, you are correct that it is a hard poster to find, as I am a Raymond Chandler collector (I have hundreds of Chandler posters & hundreds of stills) and I've been looking for it (as well as for the other titles inc Farewell My Lovely, Marlowe & Long Goodbye etc)
I suggest the compromise price is $50 and if you want to see pics of the opened poster, I think you will agree with me. honestly, finding this htf poster & then getting it damaged was a real letdown also. :-(

also, for you to file a claim, I'll be happy to take all the photos you want, once I clear the photography table which as you can see in my pics, is currently topped with work for a day or two.

on your box. I would never in a million years use such a box to ship anything except banners, but I still stuff them with styo peanuts, because the boxes get crushed, and I'm always for using materials that prevent problems, like this one, so I don't have to do more work on an order I've already shipped. you can find me at mpb.auction my site is not a dot com. >dot auction<
I only use heavy duty tubes from Uline. Their tubes would be my suggestion and I'll be happy to share my preferences with you, if you are planning to order from them.

in any case, if we settle on the $50, your feedback will be + and positive in nature.
thanks
Rich
===========================

MM:
I thank you for you polite and clear written letter. But you need to see it from my side. I am exhausted with scam scenarios and found it odd it took you 10 days of receiving the item to tell me of the damage. Go ahead and send me additional photos, but I am pretty set at the 30 dollars and feel that is more than fair. I could just refund you after your claim, file a claim with USPS and later resell the poster as is and still be better off.
==============================

RH:

here are the best pics you'll get from a customer. My photography table does not shoot 40x60, so I shot it in halves.
as you can see, the poster now has considerable defects from the shipping.
sad to say, before I could have framed & displayed it as it was, because the defects were largely on the back. Now this poster cannot be displayed & it really is just placeholder until I might find another copy, which by itself, really is disappointing
===================================

MM:
Ok, thanks for the pics. Go ahead and return the item and I will refund you.

Thanks
=====================================

At this point, he stops replying to the following messages

RH:
you want it returned.. fine..
you're paying the shipping anyway, so what do I care.
which shipping service would you like to use. Fedex-Kinkos are nearby
====================================================

RH:
Mark, you are quickly headed to negative territory. aka: I have lost patience with you. I'll be filing an ebay claim if I don't hear from you post haste.

if you aren't going to take responsibility for yourself and your inadequate packaging, then you are the reason eBay has a Buyer Protection Plan.

when shipping issues are your fault and a return is necessitated, you must pay return shipping and refund the buyer's entire payment, including initial shipping costs, which totals $117.30 plus return shipping.

you had an easier out & chose not to avail yourself of that and you want the item returned. Fine, it's been damaged enough that I don't care if if it is added to my collection at this point, and in this return, you incur all the costs.

the clock is ticking

Rich
============================================
=============================================

at this point, I have just filed an eBay claim.

my suggestion is that you avoid this asshole at all costs.

The saddest part of this, is most definitely the poster.
on this title, and the other Raymond Chandler films of this era, 40x60s are not even mentioned in the pressbooks and I had never seen any prior to fidning this one on ebay and let me tell you, I was pretty shocked. It was going to be an excellent addition to my collection, whereas now, it is just a pos because of this asshole's attitude and the waste of my time.

avoid him. Save yourself the angst, and deprive him of monetary gain

Rich

-------

Offline Stefano

• Hobbyist
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2019, 10:47:40 PM »
Thanks for sharing your experience, Rich.  I think we all know (or can at least imagine) how it feels to find that ultra rare treasure that has survived for decades in great condition, only for it to be ruined by a careless seller.  But it's even worse when you have a seller that just doesn't care.

You started off pretty tough in your messages, but very soon you were polite and quite reasonable.  Considering that all USPS Priority Mail items are automatically insured for $50, I cannot fathom why he didn't want to refund you that amount.  He could have rectified the situation, satisfied his customer, and received positive feedback. 

Instead, he want to quibble over $20 and start acting paranoid that you are supposedly trying to "scam" him.  He now has to refund you the item price, the original shipping, plus pay return shipping of nearly $50 (all pursuant with eBay's buyer-protection policy regarding items that arrive damaged), and then he has to re-list the damaged poster and hope that somebody won't notice that this rare poster sold by the same seller a month ago in much better shape.  I guess he likes making extra work for himself.  What a miserable person.  Glad you didn't let him off easy after all that.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2019, 01:15:57 AM »
Here's hoping it all works out and settles in your favor, rich.  gun1 thumbup Egyptsmiley

-Jeff

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2019, 02:10:16 AM »
Thanks for sharing your experience, Rich.  I think we all know (or can at least imagine) how it feels to find that ultra rare treasure that has survived for decades in great condition, only for it to be ruined by a careless seller.  But it's even worse when you have a seller that just doesn't care.

You started off pretty tough in your messages, but very soon you were polite and quite reasonable.  Considering that all USPS Priority Mail items are automatically insured for $50, I cannot fathom why he didn't want to refund you that amount.  He could have rectified the situation, satisfied his customer, and received positive feedback. 

Instead, he want to quibble over $20 and start acting paranoid that you are supposedly trying to "scam" him.  He now has to refund you the item price, the original shipping, plus pay return shipping of nearly $50 (all pursuant with eBay's buyer-protection policy regarding items that arrive damaged), and then he has to re-list the damaged poster and hope that somebody won't notice that this rare poster sold by the same seller a month ago in much better shape.  I guess he likes making extra work for himself.  What a miserable person.  Glad you didn't let him off easy after all that.

that's all correct Stefano.

damaged packages have happened occasionally for me also, about 1 in 1000 only though, because of how well we do it
when it happens, if I can replace the items (like modern rolled posters) I just send a replacement order & they can keep the damaged posters

if I don't have replacements, I just refund you your money, including shipping, and you still get to keep the poster

ultimately, this jackass didn't deserve my courtesies

-------

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2019, 04:38:04 AM »
This is annoying when it happens to a common poster, but when it happens to something rare? Ugh.

I feel your pain, Rich.