Author Topic: Once upon a time Wilding posters  (Read 4238 times)

Offline wattsy04

• Beginner
Once upon a time Wilding posters
« on: September 14, 2019, 07:26:07 AM »
Hi all,

Does anyone have any info on the Once upon a time in Hollywood wilding posters? I know the artists but all of them I contacted wouldn’t give much info away.

Was there one printer or many?
Is there an “official size” as I’ve seen all sorts for sale?
Does anyone own one or may have one for sale?

Thanks
Paul

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
Re: Once upon a time Wilding posters
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 06:15:22 PM »
There’s a set up on emovieposter at the moment (ending Sunday)

Offline dsonesheets

• Hobbyist
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 05:56:09 AM »
Anyone happen to know the difference between the ones Bruce has for auction and the ones I see on eBay?  I looked at the large versions of both, and the ones Bruce has have some insanely small text at the very bottom of the poster, which can't be read even on his supersized pics. The eBay ones do NOT have this text, whatever it says. Also, the "(C) 2019 CTMG All Rights Reserved" is in a larger font as well on the eBay ones being listed. Are these wildings already being reprinted??

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 01:04:18 PM »
Anyone happen to know the difference between the ones Bruce has for auction and the ones I see on eBay?  I looked at the large versions of both, and the ones Bruce has have some insanely small text at the very bottom of the poster, which can't be read even on his supersized pics. The eBay ones do NOT have this text, whatever it says. Also, the "(C) 2019 CTMG All Rights Reserved" is in a larger font as well on the eBay ones being listed. Are these wildings already being reprinted??

I don’t see any originals on ebay at the moment. Unfortunately there were reproductions(unlicensed most likely) in smaller sizes available even before the legitimate ones
If this is one you are talking about it is not legit. Also here is a pic of my original Wilding like Bruce has up at auction now.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 01:13:09 PM by jedgerley »

Offline hauser

• Beginner
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 07:59:17 AM »
Thanks for posting these photos. I have a set of these which are the correct sizes (48 x 72 etc. ) and I was looking them over and the printing is a bit fuzzy on the smallest text on the bottom and bottom right. In my other experiences fuzzy = bad but since these are special posters I don’t have anything to compare them to.  I can’t tell from the photos you posted but if you or anyone else could confirm on theirs it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2022, 10:18:54 AM »
The 72'' hasn't been reproduced.  I have a couple of sets but they are buried. If you really want to compare your set, I'd go to Heritage and check their big pictures.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline hauser

• Beginner
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2022, 01:27:45 PM »
Thanks. HA was my first stop and it does look the same but the text is so small (even at 100% magnification) I can’t tell. I dislike “special” posters like these due to the potential differences to standard movie paper. I was hoping someone had one around but it may be a long shot, especially since these can’t be stored conveniently in a flat file due to the size. Definitely someone with less than 10,000 posters!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2022, 05:43:13 PM »
Yes, I get it, it's always a big deal when you don't know for sure.  So I got one set out and took some pics for you.  Hope that helps.

FYI, I got my sets when the movie came out so fear not.  And they're all the 72" type.

T

« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 05:44:42 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2022, 07:29:40 PM »
Your poster organisational skills are impressive, T.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2022, 09:18:07 PM »
Hahaha I can actually find any posters within 2 minutes.  That's the easy part.  It's filing them again that's hard.  Luckily, those were on the inside of the tube, so easy to get out and put back.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline hauser

• Beginner
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2022, 12:06:27 PM »
Thank you! This is helpful. The type does look a bit fuzzy on the bottom. Much appreciated!!