Author Topic: I need some help Bruce  (Read 3408 times)

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
I need some help Bruce
« on: October 25, 2010, 10:55:48 PM »
This is a bit tongue in cheek, but what's wrong with this description:

Important Added Info: Note that this English one-sheet measures 27" x 40" [69 x 102 cm]. Please do not bid on it thinking that it is 27" x 40".

????
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
Re: I need some help Bruce
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 11:26:59 PM »
Very cryptic!  I will get out my special emovieposter decoder ring and report back...
Chris

Bruce

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 12:16:05 AM »
We have some WONDERFUL "auto-lister" tools that rarely screw up (like this), but when they work right, they save us lots of time, vital when you are listing 2,000 items per week.

In this case, it is set to add that phrase whenever the size is "non-standard" to what we are currently auctioning. Obviously, in this case that was set to 27x41, so it added it to a 27x40, even though it makes no sense (auto-listers have ZERO common sense)!

Bruce

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:36:48 AM »
That explains the omnipresent statement "Also note that this poster was never folded! An unfolded poster is almost always far more difficult to find than a folded poster of the same title, and finding unfolded posters in excellent condition is even more difficult!" 

Not true and not germane for posters from the last twenty years....

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 12:40:55 AM »
We have some WONDERFUL "auto-lister" tools that rarely screw up (like this), but when they work right, they save us lots of time, vital when you are listing 2,000 items per week.

In this case, it is set to add that phrase whenever the size is "non-standard" to what we are currently auctioning. Obviously, in this case that was set to 27x41, so it added it to a 27x40, even though it makes no sense (auto-listers have ZERO common sense)!

Bruce

yeah, i thought it was pretty funny, Bruce.  I look at those things in the listings, and when I saw this one, I had to read it a few times to see if it really said what i thought it was saying.

thanks for being a good sport
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.