Author Topic: Tob's Posters  (Read 13175 times)

Offline poster art

• Hobbyist
Re: Tob's Posters
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2023, 11:47:15 AM »
Neo, Mark, Antoine - thanks for taking the time to look and for your kind words. I do like to collect different designs for the same film, the alternative art interest me (perhaps why I like prints so much).

Hi John, yeah, I had to update the site due to the hack - try this link for the new ones I added:
http://www.filmposteraddict.com/gallery/?envira-tag=jan23

Fantastic job Tob. I've got a few of them screen prints but have been selling my screen prints of over the last 5 years only got around 50 or 60 left now. if you can sell me the Mann Goldfinger and and the Devil Rides Out quad for a start!!  :) :D.   I need a site for my posters, I just have a few pages in Pinterest to start with but its not the best site to manage your collection on. Wish there was a ready made wordpress site or something for poster addicts!! Maybe you should start a poster site business?!

That Thai 2-sheet for ‘Apocalypse Now’ is amazing. never seen that before.

Tob, how do you manage to photograph your posters so perfectly?

« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 11:58:59 AM by poster art »

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2023, 06:14:19 AM »
I added a few new ones to my site...around 175ish in total.

If you view on a desktop computer, you can hover over the images for more information. There's some weird bug where if you click the image, it enlarges a different image, but you can navigate using the left and right arrows to scroll through the larger images to find the one you want. Sorry it's a bit slow to load.

Page 1 of new stuff
Page 2 of new stuff

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2023, 11:09:39 AM »
Some really really good stuff there, Tob!  Congrats.

FYI, when you click on a poster, it shows another.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2023, 11:55:03 AM »
I added a few new ones to my site...around 175ish in total.

Impressive haul there.  From the new prints to originals for some of the older classics (older as in 1990s  :P ) a lot of great stuff.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2023, 12:03:42 PM by Neo »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2023, 12:02:49 PM »

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2023, 01:22:53 PM »
Thanks Neo and T! Appreciate you looking and the kind words.

FYI, when you click on a poster, it shows another.

Thanks T - it's a bug in the gallery plug-in unfortunately. When the large image comes up, you can scroll through using the arrow keys, but I'll have to wait for them to release an update to fix it properly.

Offline Mardukas

• Hobbyist
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2023, 03:03:09 PM »
Fantastic selection, Tob! Really impressive. I’ve not seen that Annihilation print before, just beautiful.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2023, 07:06:04 PM »
Fantastic selection, Tob! Really impressive. I’ve not seen that Annihilation print before, just beautiful.

Thank you! A shame Annihilation didn't get many theatrical posters (I think it was a Netflix release), the film has some interesting imagery that would have made for good posters

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #58 on: November 10, 2023, 12:42:38 AM »
Yeah, something wrong with the envira when you use envira-tag in the url - oct23    (envira-tags-min.js)
Note that if no envira-tag in the url, it works well!

Very nice site! Love the images
Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2023, 04:44:39 AM »
Yeah, something wrong with the envira when you use envira-tag in the url - oct23    (envira-tags-min.js)
Note that if no envira-tag in the url, it works well!

Very nice site! Love the images

Thanks a lot!

Yes, I noticed the same - when you use any of the tags so the gallery plug-in creates a subset of images, it seems to display the large images in order I uploaded them, rather than the order of the tiled gallery view. A bit annoying, but at least the main gallery without tags seems to work.

Offline BwanaDik

• Hobbyist
    • Kenyan & African Vintage Art Posters
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2023, 03:49:26 AM »
Exactly Tob, there is an issue with the order numbering between the small and large picture, when using "envira-tag".
Yep, the main gallery works great; so just avoid "oct23" and other tags  thumbsup.gif

Crucifixion? Good. Out of the door, line on the left, one cross each.

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #61 on: January 28, 2024, 06:06:26 PM »
I missed your new additions. Yowza! I was especially thrilled with THE HEREDITARY poster. I'd not seen that one before. Stunning collection though. Keep it going!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2024, 08:19:44 PM »
I missed your new additions. Yowza! I was especially thrilled with THE HEREDITARY poster. I'd not seen that one before. Stunning collection though. Keep it going!

Sorry for the late reply, but thank you! I appreciate your kind words

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2024, 08:23:00 PM »
I found some time to add 130 or so new posters to my website. Nothing too exciting, but if you'd like to take a look, here is a link to the new arrivals area: http://www.filmposteraddict.com/new-arrivals/

Or you can see them all using this link

The site works better on a desktop where you can hover over a thumbnail to see information on the poster. The bug still exists where clicking a thumbnail takes you to an incorrect image, but you can scroll through the larger images to find the one you were interested in.

« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 08:24:23 PM by Tob »

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2024, 10:23:37 PM »
Too many great ones to mention but the Kill Bill horizontal style seems like a big win, as well as some of the other Japanese stuff including Spring Breakers, etc.  I hadn't seen the Australian version of Song to Song.  The Star Wars horizontal print is interesting - much different visual than most SW stuff.  Congrats  cool1
« Last Edit: March 25, 2024, 10:25:25 PM by Neo »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2024, 11:21:02 AM »
What a great, great, great collection.  So many rarities and impossible to find posters.  All those B1s, man, I wish I knew how to navigate Yahoo Japan.  Sadly, I can only get what's already in the US.  And a beautiful website to boot.  This is what collecting is all about.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #66 on: Today at 09:51:47 AM »
Too many great ones to mention but the Kill Bill horizontal style seems like a big win, as well as some of the other Japanese stuff including Spring Breakers, etc.  I hadn't seen the Australian version of Song to Song.  The Star Wars horizontal print is interesting - much different visual than most SW stuff.  Congrats  cool1

Thanks Neo! Star Wars prints are by the artist Guy Stauber. As they're quad sized, they're quite striking in person with nice, bold colours.

What a great, great, great collection.  So many rarities and impossible to find posters.  All those B1s, man, I wish I knew how to navigate Yahoo Japan.  Sadly, I can only get what's already in the US.  And a beautiful website to boot.  This is what collecting is all about.

T

Thank you, T. I'm in awe of your collection and website, so it means a lot that you took the time to have a browse and enjoyed some of the posters I've collected.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:52:53 AM by Tob »