Collecting and Collectibles in Other Areas > Show Us Your Other Collectibles

Famous Monsters of Filmland

(1/4) > >>

erik1925:
I was recently looking at several of my issues of Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine, and for a minute or 3, got very excited when I saw this CGC-graded (8.5) copy of #24 being offered on ebay for a BIN of $3,308.00!!  faint2.gif  The seller is Stephen Fishler, the owner of Metropolis Comics AND proud owner of the only known copy of the Frankenstein 6 sheet.  notworthy.gif

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FAMOUS-MONSTERS-OF-FILMLAND-24-VF-8-5/372005443939?hash=item569d409963:g:wE8AAOSw5bFZXzhE

There is black writing on the "R" of Monsters (looks like $24) and some surface scratches or scuffs.

So I pulled out my copy. Based on the condition of mine - no writing, scuffs, spine tears, I was figuring it should sell for at least $3500.00 (I wish). Until I did a further search and saw that others are selling the same issue, in various grades, ranging from about 19.95-60.00

So I dont know if Fishler's price is a typo? Dunno.  dontknow.gif

My dream of retiring and bubble burst...  :'(   ;D

My copy (sorry for the slightly blurry pic):

erik1925:
Ive been occasionally working to complete the run of my Famous Monsters of Filmland magazine collection, hat I began buying when I was about 12.

The magazine is still published today, but after issue #210, Forrest J Ackerman was not involved with the mag any longer as its Editor, so I'm looking to collect issues #1-210 only. This would include mags from 1958-1995.

Though not rare or even scarce, I recently picked up two of the more later issues, #200 and #207, that I didnt have. Tho more recent, #200 is already 25 years old (1993) and #207 is 23 years old (1995).

Both issues are in NM-M condition.

erik1925:
Very excited to have this arrive today.

Issue #13 of Famous Monsters of Filmland, published in August, 1961. One of the issues becoming a little harder to find at a good price when in good-very good condition.

okiehawker:

--- Quote from: erik1925 on June 14, 2018, 04:28:38 PM ---Very excited to have this arrive today.

Issue #13 of Famous Monsters of Filmland, published in August, 1961. One of the issues becoming a little harder to find at a good price when in good-very good condition.

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah,  keep tuning to that FM station, Jeff!  Okie

erik1925:
Had another copy of Famous Monsters of Filmland arrive today. Another "hole" plugged scattered among the earlier issues of the collection.

This is issue #19, from September, 1962, with the cover art by Basil Gogos.  notworthy.gif

(The slight glare is from the magazine sleeve that it's already been placed into).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version