Author Topic: EMP Usernames  (Read 1891 times)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
EMP Usernames
« on: June 01, 2018, 09:43:46 AM »
Apologies up front and centre for this one.

Just very curious as to why a sizeable majority of the usernames chosen / created for emp are a combination of two letters and six numbers?

Where has this come from?  It certainly does not appear to be the case on eBay for example.

Offline oldposterho

• Collector
    • Peter's Movie Posters
Re: EMP Usernames
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 09:59:05 AM »
Back when BH created (or updated, I don't remember...) his website all previously registered users were assigned random user IDs based on the first two letters of their last name and some random numbers. You were given the option to create a new name but, like me, many were too damn lazy to change it.
For sale and trade posters: *Here*

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 05:12:20 PM »
Back when BH created (or updated, I don't remember...) his website all previously registered users were assigned random user IDs based on the first two letters of their last name and some random numbers. You were given the option to create a new name but, like me, many were too damn lazy to change it.

Also, some people like the anonymity.  Some even change user names every few auctions.  Me, I have no deep dark secrets.  I am lightdancing and at times a force to be reckoned with :)
-Jay-

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2018, 03:46:25 PM »
Splendid.

I will sleep well tonight.

Thanks fellas.