Author Topic: Score for the little guy - I got one over on Heritage  (Read 26025 times)

Offline Louie D.

• Hoarder
Re: Score for the little guy - I got one over on Heritage
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »
Dude, posters will come and go - unless you are a freaking millionaire a poster will always pop up again... 

In some instances.

Charlie

« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2012, 06:07:16 PM »
In some instances.

Yes for you this would would be an issue. But for my 1950s to now ladies love, it isn't a problem...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #77 on: December 07, 2015, 12:41:59 PM »
Dude, posters will come and go - unless you are a freaking millionaire a poster will always pop up again... 

No matter how much coin you have, the further back in time you go, poster-wise, a poster that appeared once may not pop up again, for many years, let alone forever- and more so if a poster is described as "an only known to exist" copy.

But, sometimes, it's not even the paper-age issue.

There are small runs of material that may not see the light of day again, until someone decides to sell /pass it on. (but that is more in saying that, yes, some posters will pop up again.  :)  )

-Jeff

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #78 on: December 07, 2015, 01:31:20 PM »
No matter how much coin you have, the further back in time you go, poster-wise, a poster that appeared once may not pop up again, for many years, let alone forever- and more so if a poster is described as "an only known to exist" copy.

But, sometimes, it's not even the paper-age issue.

There are small runs of material that may not see the light of day again, until someone decides to sell /pass it on. (but that is more in saying that, yes, some posters will pop up again.  :)  )

Well said. 

Although increasing age correlates to higher rarity, in many cases, there are also many newer films that have extremely rare posters, some that are very few, or only one, known to exist.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #79 on: December 07, 2015, 01:38:55 PM »
Yup, especially, if (newer) posters have been recalled, revised or canceled, with only a handful escaping the shredder.

(And rare doesn't equate to pricey, either. We are just meaning the physical number of a certain poster that has shown up over the years, or not).
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 01:41:08 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff