Author Topic: "Film on Paper" website  (Read 6872 times)

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
"Film on Paper" website
« on: August 01, 2014, 08:35:12 PM »
Eddie just published a very nice interview with my buddy Tyler and it reminded me of how great his website is.  Since some newbies have recently joined our forum, I think they should be made aware of the existence of what I consider the best poster website around.  No one comes close, imo.

Enjoy.

http://www.filmonpaper.com/

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
Re: "Film on Paper" website
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2014, 09:23:06 PM »
Agreed.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2014, 05:46:31 AM »
Damn straight.
One of the only websites I've ever visited where the interviews are ALWAYS informative and the photography is always top shelf.
I promote his website (and this one, too) regularly on my tumblr and they always get a strong response.
Newbies to the hobby will learn more about movie posters within a few hours at Film On Paper than anywhere else. Period.

Offline wonka

• Hoarder
  • Reverend of the APF
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2014, 12:48:10 PM »
...almost on par with LAMP.  ;)
"Ben. His name is Ben. But he's a Celtic fan, so Asshole will do too." -Thierry

Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com
I was mistaken,

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2014, 01:14:44 PM »
 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1  LAMP!!!

Does that site still exist?

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2014, 01:18:35 PM »
Eddie is making a great name for himself in this field in terms of interviews and his journalistic approach. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some of his stuff starts appearing in major magazines and/or papers.

Again, said it before, superb site, Ed!

LAMP still brings in so many collectors though...just needs a redesign and upgrade!
Best wishes,
Adam

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2014, 01:23:10 PM »
LAMP still brings in so many collectors though...just needs a redesign and upgrade!

laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1 laugh1  LAMP!!!

(Sorry, I really hate that site)
My Personal Collection

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2014, 01:43:55 PM »
Yeah, I know you do.
But you can't diss it too much as I bet you have used it, even if you don't want to admit it lol.
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2014, 12:56:36 AM »
Yeah pissing on LAMP is lame (unless it's the whole Lamp Approved Dealer BS - that's fair game)
Chris

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2014, 02:02:04 AM »
But you can't diss it too much as I bet you have used it, even if you don't want to admit it lol.

You, out of all people, should know that I do not fear to admit anything, not even my own mistakes through an apology.  So believe me when I tell you that I have never used Lamp and never will.  I don't have the time and patience needed.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 03:00:39 PM »
Anyway, I wonder what Ed is working on now...
Best wishes,
Adam

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2018, 06:59:08 PM »
Damn straight.
One of the only websites I've ever visited where the interviews are ALWAYS informative and the photography is always top shelf.
I promote his website (and this one, too) regularly on my tumblr and they always get a strong response.
Newbies to the hobby will learn more about movie posters within a few hours at Film On Paper than anywhere else. Period.

Such a great site, for sure. The added interviews are a huge bonus and always with lots of info. And Ed's detailed shots from his posters, are all a great help as well as added, poster eye candy.

-Jeff

Online skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2018, 06:26:58 AM »
Great site but not been updated for awhile. Hope all is well.

Offline jedgerley

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
  • edgeslenticulars@gmail.com
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2018, 01:23:47 PM »
Eddie is running out of posters to buy.  ;D

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2018, 03:44:57 PM »
Great site but not been updated for awhile. Hope all is well.

Ed hold out for the best, rolled copies he can find, that's for sure.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline Ed_209uk

• Hobbyist
    • Film on Paper
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2018, 11:40:32 AM »
I've not gone anywhere gents, I've just had lots of (positive) live changes over the past year or so, including a second baby, house move and job move. I need to get back to photographing but I've got some beauties lined up for the site when I do!

I haven't been idle on the site for the past few months, despite not adding new titles, as I've been updating every single image on the site to be of a higher resolution. There are over 22,000 images so this has taken some time but you should notice a difference when browsing now, especially if you have a high-res screen (eg Mac's Retina screens). I took advantage of Lightroom's improved processing tweaks since 2011 so they're all a lot sharper. I'm just working through Japanese B2s now and then it's all done!
My collection website: Film on Paper
Twitter: @filmonpaper