Author Topic: Sin City - Britney Murphy poster  (Read 5686 times)

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
    • CineMasterpieces Movie Posters
Sin City - Britney Murphy poster
« on: November 04, 2010, 10:03:51 PM »
We have never had one of these until today.....

You guys know more about newer issues than I do.

Is this a big deal? hard to come by? My consignor says it is a tough one to get. Bruce or Heritage haven't sold any........now is this because it is a piece of crap or because it is tough to find?

Offline holiday

• Thierry's Nightmare a/k/a King Slut
  • Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
Re: Sin City - Britney Murphy poster
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 10:36:49 PM »
We have never had one of these until today.....

You guys know more about newer issues than I do.

Is this a big deal? hard to come by? My consignor says it is a tough one to get. Bruce or Heritage haven't sold any........now is this because it is a piece of crap or because it is tough to find?

picture Dave?
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

"What happened to all the people?" Mystified MPF Member, February 20, 2010

"I actually quite like the name Peanut."  Andy Neal on MOPO, April 22, 2010

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 10:37:37 PM »
Sin City

You could probably get it on eBay for cheaper if you wait. Like around $50. A lot of people upped the price on them when she died thinking there would be a run on her stuff. People like to equate the death of a star of today to memorabilia from James Dean/Monroe era but fail to realize that many people didn't keep a ton of stuff back then and that is why there is a price increase due to the demand now. Like baseball cards were used as fire starters for many people. The gum was worth more than the cards at one point in time. Another point is that Dean and Monroe stuff is half a century old now. Murphy and Ledger, these people just died so it's not going to command the prices of pieces from the 50's.

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:47:11 PM »
Sin City

You could probably get it on eBay for cheaper if you wait. Like around $50. A lot of people upped the price on them when she died thinking there would be a run on her stuff. People like to equate the death of a star of today to memorabilia from James Dean/Monroe era but fail to realize that many people didn't keep a ton of stuff back then and that is why there is a price increase due to the demand now. Like baseball cards were used as fire starters for many people. The gum was worth more than the cards at one point in time. Another point is that Dean and Monroe stuff is half a century old now. Murphy and Ledger, these people just died so it's not going to command the prices of pieces from the 50's.

I don't troll ebay a lot these days, but I don't recall seeing this version in the onesheet, doublesided, before.  I have it in a bus shelter, but of the character set of onesheets, this is the one that always seems to be missing.
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Thierry:  Type the word APF on MPF and it spells: "Banned due to malicious unsolicited private message ".

Charlie to the guy who lost to EatBrie:  You just got "T-boned"!  Happens to the best of us...  Wait until you get "Holidazed"!

Thierry to Silhouette:  Please tell her it's a tiny part of my collection so she doesn't think I'm a total creep.  Oh wait, no, I am a total creep.

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 12:21:26 AM »
it is a double sided one sheet. I'll try and get a pic up soon.

that's what my consignor said....that he just never sees this one anywhere!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 02:11:39 AM »
Are u guys talking about this one?

http://www.impawards.com/2005/sin_city_ver10.html

If so, yes, it is real.  I've had it in my collection since the movie opened.  And yes, it is DS.  As far as value, I have no idea.  Not much for sure.

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 06:26:12 AM »
There's a few of them on Ebay right now for $70...a bit pricey IMO...
here's one...

http://cgi.ebay.com/SIN-CITY-DS-BRITTANY-MURPHY-TSR-ROLLED-ORIG-1SH-2005-/300480948169?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45f60f67c9

another dealer has 8 of them...

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 09:18:34 AM »
aha!

I spelled Brittany wrong.

it seems miss Spears has a lock on that spelling.

thanks!

Dread_Pirate_Mel

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 09:40:51 AM »
I don't troll ebay a lot these days, but I don't recall seeing this version in the onesheet, doublesided, before.  I have it in a bus shelter, but of the character set of onesheets, this is the one that always seems to be missing.

Counselor/goober, you sold me your DS Murphy Sin City for $75 or so during your "midnight madness everything is for sale!" event last year!

;D
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:52:50 AM by Dread_Pirate_Mel »

Offline holiday

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
    • Two Parrots Gallery
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 10:46:20 AM »
Counselor/goober, you sold me your DS Murphy Sin City for $75 or so during your "midnight madness everything is for sale!" event last year!

;D

Mind is going....
Best regards,

Holiday

Check out my new place!
Two Parrots Gallery

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2010, 01:46:16 PM »
Scoop is this.. poster was released days before the film opened, the final one sheet was already out and the other character posters had been out for quite sometime. I would imagine several theaters never even got this style since the final was already out. Definitely fewer of this style around than the others.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 05:12:31 PM »
that poster is dead weight

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 07:04:01 PM »
that poster is dead weight

Does anyone have one of these?

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 07:15:24 PM »
that poster killed at the theatre

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Offline CineMasterpieces

• Collector
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 08:16:10 PM »

so did John Wilkes Booth.