Author Topic: Piotr Łukaszewski  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
Piotr Łukaszewski
« on: February 15, 2018, 02:27:41 PM »
Anyone familiar with this Polish poster artist?

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: Piotr Łukaszewski
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 02:30:00 PM »
Any poster examples you might have (or know of), Dr Bill?

-Jeff

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 05:44:01 PM by Dr Bill »

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 05:49:16 PM »
Wow... he does really nice work!

His Halloween poster is cool!

-Jeff

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2018, 06:14:24 PM »
I like a lot of his art, but was a bit confused when I saw many different sizes of the same print for sale (Etsy), usually a sign of repros. I suppose he may just offer various sizes of his work. I couldn't find his name here after searching the site.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2018, 06:24:06 PM »
His stuff is pretty good.  Too bad he doesn't seem to understand the importance of limited edition.  I probably would have bought some stuff otherwise.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 06:30:47 PM »
His stuff is pretty good.  Too bad he doesn't seem to understand the importance of limited edition.  I probably would have bought some stuff otherwise.

T

I thought that was unusual too. I think I'll take a chance on one, not because it may be valuable some day, but because I just personally like his style. I've never ordered from Poland before - not that I'd mind the delivery time, but wonder what the risk of getting at all is? For only $80, I'll bite.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2018, 06:38:32 PM »
Yeah, you're not taking too much of a risk.  And Poles are actually trustworthy.  If it was from Italy, I'd say stay away, but I've never had a problem with Polish Ebayers.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2018, 06:46:10 PM »
Done...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2018, 06:51:55 PM »
And as long as you like it (love it) and want to have it for your collection, it doesn't matter whether it increases/decreases in value or not.

That Alien is very cool, too. Congrats on the buy, Dr Bill.

-Jeff

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2018, 07:06:08 PM »
Thanks, Jeff. I don't have room to display many large posters right now, but I have been tempted to buy a few art posters I like (on the condition I like the movie or director that goes with them). The obsession continues...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2018, 07:06:37 PM »
That Alien is very cool, too. Congrats on the buy, Dr Bill.

It is very cool.  I would have probably spent x3 the amount and it was numbered and limited.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2018, 07:15:59 PM »
It is very cool.  I would have probably spent x3 the amount and it was numbered and limited.

T

I was shocked when I first saw the price - easily compares to posters 3x the price. I should probably wait to see the quality before I say that, but I love the three main Alien elements in the scene. It does say the poster's signed by the artist, so that's something...

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2018, 07:20:12 PM »
That the artist has signed them is certainly an added perk.  thumbsup.gif

-Jeff

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2018, 07:34:24 PM »
Very cool art, Dr. Bill!  Do you know if he's painted for some of the studios? 

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2018, 07:42:33 PM »
Very cool art, Dr. Bill!  Do you know if he's painted for some of the studios?

I haven't found much of anything about him. I discovered his work searching for Alien art posters on eBay.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2018, 08:04:16 PM »
I discovered his work searching for Alien art posters on eBay.

Are you a big Alien guy, Dr. Bill?  I like to collect on the title myself.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 08:25:33 PM »
Are you a big Alien guy, Dr. Bill?  I like to collect on the title myself.

T

Absolutely. As a long-time sci-fi fanatic, there have been three touchstones for me - 2001, Blade Runner, and Alien (franchise). For TV, it's been Star Trek (watched new TOS episodes in high school), the newer Battlestar Galactica, and Firefly.

I remember the teaser ads for Alien like it was yesterday - simple, enticing, and subtly terrifying without showing a second of the creature. "In space, no one can hear you scream." As the the title letters slowly formed on the screen. I knew it would be special the first time I saw the previews in the theater. Like 2001, the mold was broken.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 08:29:38 PM »
What are you best posters on the trilogy?  I'm always fishing for stuff I don't own.  This is one of the titles for which I'd love to say: Done!!!

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Dr Bill

• Hobbyist
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 08:56:22 PM »
I've only collected lobbies up to now, so I'm not that familiar with all the Alien posters. I am partial to the original cracked egg poster with the ominous green light beam.

Lobbies I have - US & German Alien, US Aliens, Spanish & French Alien Resurrection. I think I've posted all these on my lobby thread.

I'll have to look at your collection to see what I need to look for in posters. I started collecting to get everything Kubrick, but quickly learned they are rare and prices can be very high for high quality. Alien and Blade Runner good quality originals are pricey as well.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 09:38:53 PM »
I have an Alien sub-collection, so you can probably check that out.  Still missing a few pieces.  I don't search for anything anymore.  I just buy when I see it.  Some I didn't even know existed, like a recent Marler Haley Alien set.  I think I'm close, but not yet.  I don't have an Alien German LC set :)

T
My Personal Collection