Author Topic: star wars quad repro  (Read 3956 times)

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
star wars quad repro
« on: January 22, 2018, 01:35:22 PM »
Hi All

not sure if this has been covered elsewhere, has any one had one of these, i have bought one (waiting for delivery) out of curiosity, the seller makes no secret of them being reports and he also has been selling ESB's too
will be interesting to see what its like in the flesh
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/star-wars-quad-poster-reprint-30-40-inches/263453330383?hash=item3d570acbcf:g:Q5UAAOSw9V1aZJNl

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
Re: star wars quad repro
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 05:21:43 AM »
I’m not sure what I make of it but they have sold a few SW and ESB. At least the seller is listing as a repo. On the pic the colours look very rich. Let us know what it like when delivered

• Collector
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 05:33:11 PM »
i will do, i am hoping its an easy spot from the original, the ESB ones he sold have the silver on them, so they look good but as you say they look a bit over saturated.
I'll post some pics when i get it.
What worries me is people getting mugged off buying one of these as original later on down the line

Paul

• Collector
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 05:32:57 AM »
got the poster, the good news is while its a lovely print, its not going to fool anyone, it has a matt finish and lots good from first inspection. But the give aways are

Over saturated
NSS text is fuzzy
the paper is way too new and shiny on the rear. - brilliant glossy white

Its a great poster to display if you cant afford the original or dont want to get the original damaged but anyone who has handled quads will know its not original, I feel pretty relieved to be honest , but i think a few people might get done on ebay if they are trying to get a bargain
Paul

Offline basemem

• Hobbyist
    • Poster Collector
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 12:30:04 PM »
Good write up there Paul. Hopefully, people won’t get caught out if and when these are resold.

Noticed they now have Harry Potter! Wonder what titles they will do next....