Author Topic: My poster collection  (Read 5787 times)

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
My poster collection
« on: September 29, 2010, 08:21:01 AM »
hi
having seen other AMP members fantastic posters collections i thought id add my rather modest collection to the mix.
ive been collecting,on & off for about 3 years. Initially a bit reckless i think ive nearly grasped the fundamentals - only buy what you like(film or poster design)/condition is all important & be patient!

http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx107/m154cath/MISC%20-%20FOREIGN/
http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx107/m154cath/UK%20QUADS/
http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx107/m154cath/US%201%20SHEETS/

Offline joneyyy

• Collector
Re: My poster collection
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 08:31:05 AM »
u got some very kool pieces there... love that business quad, is even better in person..

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 09:48:06 AM »
Nice collection. You seem to like both one sheets and quads as you have almost as many quads as one sheets. Very Cool.

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 09:51:48 AM »
Very nice, Mike.  I especially like the quads...as do so many others around here...
Good tips, especially patience.

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »
i have to agree. its one of my favourite posters. i have 2 & plan to frame the other sometime before xmas. its a toss up between Business,Gangster Number 1 or Prestige. already have a few on the wall & space is limited so ill have to be creative 

guest8

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 10:23:53 AM »
Very nice quads .. They are my first love as far as poster formats go !! :)

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 10:58:11 AM »
thanks for all the compliments guys. now i only have to convince the missus of the merits of poster collecting. Unfortunately,i think this unlikely.
re. 1 sheets vs Quads
to be honest i like both. i try to pick up old films from my childhood & as a kid i was bombarded with WW2, westerns & star wars etc & couldnt find the quads just 1 sheets so thats what i bought
also with the £ so strong vs $ back in the day i started looking abroad & found the quality of service & value for money vastly superior. As the £ lost its value i headed back to Blighty & the lottery of ebaying for posters in the UK.
i now have a seemingly ever increasing wants list & try to only buy posters(quads/1 sheets or both) for films that ive enjoyed or i like the design.
im already running out of space as i have to store all my posters under the bed in the spare room & to keep the other half happy im culling my collection of duplicates & freebies on ebay. oh the joy!!!!!   

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 11:53:46 AM »
Initially a bit reckless i think ive nearly grasped the fundamentals - only buy what you like(film or poster design)/condition is all important & be patient!

It is good advice. One day I will actually follow it. So hard to control the insanity and to remain patient.

I like your collection and taste in movies. I agree with everyone about the quads.   

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 03:14:29 PM »
never seen that Slapshot quad very nice indeed!

Offline quadbod

• Hobbyist
    • Quadbod media memorabilia
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 06:17:55 PM »
never seen that Slapshot quad very nice indeed!

You'll find one (with a small tear) amongst our current MPB auctions!

Congrats to you m154cath on an excellent collection!

Best wishes,

Terry - www.quadbod.co.uk
Quadbod media memorabilia - http://www.quadbod.co.uk

tstatum

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 07:55:40 PM »
I love the American Psycho Quad, along with many other of your posters.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 12:45:44 AM »
That is an impressive collection, m154.  I am partial to the vertical format for most posters, but after seeing your collection, I can see why so many like the quads.  It's cool that some of the images on the quads are not cropped like they are on the one sheet, such as the Napoleon Dynamite and Predator 2 quads.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 01:16:46 AM by NeoLoco »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 01:04:33 AM »
Yes, very nice indeed.  It's especially interesting to me since I recently decided to collect quads.  I added a few to my list.

Good job, and thanks for the help.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 12:44:45 PM »
That's a first rate collection, considering the short time you've been at it. I wish I was as organised as you seem to be.
It's more than a Hobby...

Offline m154cath

• Hobbyist
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 05:26:12 AM »
thanks again for all your comments
re. Slapshot - indeed nice poster which is quite easy to pick up for next to nothing on Uk ebay - i paid £7(inc P&P). im still waiting to find the US 1 Sheet for a reasonable price.
re.American Psycho - great poster & definately 1 of my favourites which only pops up on ebay once in a while( £20-5)
re. Napoleon Dynamite - it was the wife that told me about the film - hilarious & much unappreciated film best watched after a few beers!!!
re eatbrie - thanks & i must admit that it was only after seeing your fabulous collection of posters that i gave up collecting dvds & sold off most of my comic & swatch collection. i think the wife was pleased that id emptied the loft but then the tubes started to arrive....
re. organised - it has been a slow process, trust me. in the early days posters would turn up, id take them out of the tubes & just chuck them all over the place. no respect at all. my 1st poster - Terminator 1 Sheet ended up under a unit & forgotten about until i finally did a bit of  hoovering! its only really been the last year that ive become a bit "anal". it took a week 2 photograph the posters - never again - my back aches just thinking about it!!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2010, 03:07:17 PM »
re eatbrie - thanks & i must admit that it was only after seeing your fabulous collection of posters that i gave up collecting dvds & sold off most of my comic & swatch collection. i think the wife was pleased that id emptied the loft but then the tubes started to arrive...

Thanks for that.  It's good to know that my website has a purpose, even if it's an evil one.

;-)

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

diesel

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2010, 05:41:54 AM »
Excellent collection.

I hope I've got a stash like that!