Author Topic: Marler Haley  (Read 27733 times)

Offline originalcinemaposters

• Collector
Re: Marler Haley
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2018, 04:53:11 PM »
i was lucky i got them all together,  i wouldn't have the patience to track them induvidually !

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2018, 05:12:06 PM »
Yep.  I知 not looking for them.  If I see them and the price is right, I値l buy them, even if I have to buy the whole set, otherwise, I値l wait.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline AdamCarterJones

• Hoarder
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2018, 11:33:27 AM »
If I see them and the price is right, I値l buy them, even if I have to buy the whole set, otherwise, I値l wait.

T

Funny how that works, been there a few times.
I had a Bond Marler Haley DC I wanted to replace as it wasn't in that great a condition, but wasn't prepared to pay the 」900 or so I was offered one for (it was a case of they knew what I was after so bumped the price up accordingly whilst the others they had remained the same lower price). I eventually found, and subsequently bought, an entire set instead for less than 」500. Sometimes it pays to wait, not always, but sometimes! But I ain't as fortunate as you mind, T!
Best wishes,
Adam

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2022, 03:21:58 AM »
One by one, I really enjoy putting back together those Marler setups, if only to save them from extinction.

Here's a Wargames I recently put together.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2022, 07:46:50 AM »
Congratulations on completing WarGames Thierry. Your posting prompted me to re-read the whole thread on Marler Haley. Whilst its sad we don't have the lively discussions we once had it's great that this forum remains a valuable source of reference for our hobby unlike "here today gone tomorrow" postings on social media. Most Marler Haley posters are visually awful (WarGames isn't too bad) but they are strangely compelling and collectible.

Mark

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2022, 10:35:00 AM »
I agree, Mark.  I don't think they had a very focused advertising team :)  I do like some sets I own, though, like Halloween.  I think it's cool in all it's awfulness.  They were cheaply made but the concept is intriguing.  Do you know how many were produced?  I mean, there must have been only a handful to make them so rare today.

T
My Personal Collection

Online marklawd

• Hoarder
« Reply #131 on: October 18, 2022, 12:33:14 PM »
Paul reckoned a maximum print run of 200 so that's the figure I would go with.

Mark

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2022, 10:34:17 PM »
Sick and tired of not having these in my collection!

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2022, 02:00:12 PM »
They look good when the complete sets are put together like that.

I have a soft spot for War Games - the threat of global thermonuclear war seemed quite a vivid threat in my teenage mind for a few months after seeing it.

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2022, 07:11:13 PM »
It is not now?

T
My Personal Collection

Online Tob

• Administrator
  • Hoarder
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2022, 08:06:21 PM »
It is not now?

T

In recent months, a little bit.  :-\

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #136 on: October 20, 2022, 12:37:13 AM »
Btw, I love WarGames, which is why owning this set was a no-brainer for me.  I think it still holds up well and reflects the technology of its time.  In view of what is still happening in the world today, I think it's a movie that deserves its place in film history.  I plan on watching it with my kids soon.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Heather_Mason_SH3

• Beginner
« Reply #137 on: July 15, 2023, 09:19:47 PM »
One by one, I really enjoy putting back together those Marler setups, if only to save them from extinction.

Here's a Wargames I recently put together.

T
I recently came across an almost complete set of this on eBay and immediately grabbed it. The set was only missing one of the posters. I don't know if I'll ever be able to find it, but I will keep an eye out for it.
I was surprised to see that those were actual photos pasted on there rather than being printed onto the poster.
I'm definitely going to frame them all and hang them up together when I have the chance since this movie is very special to me. I only hope one day I can get the missing piece to complete it! Until then I will have an empty spot on the wall. faint2.gif

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #138 on: July 16, 2023, 12:49:15 PM »
I bought 4 "Gandhi" Marler Haleys.  Nothing to brag about of course, but I'd lstill ove to get the quad, which I have never seen.  Hit me up if you own it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline okiehawker

• Hoarder
« Reply #139 on: July 29, 2023, 02:21:14 PM »
Heather Mason: Nice going on getting the War Games display off of eBay.  You and T are in rare company on that great piece(s), I expect. That movie is still pretty fun and my kids enjoyed it when I showed it to them a few years ago.  My favorite experience with 1980s movies and showing them to my kids about 10 years ago was the first time I showed them Back to the Future. My oldest daughter said, "Daaaaaad, how could you not tell us about this movie before?!"  Okie

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #140 on: December 19, 2023, 10:42:03 PM »
Here is another Marler set I just got.  Nothing crazy, but one more saved from extinction.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #141 on: January 01, 2024, 04:13:20 PM »
Interesting style there, with the various portraits of Ms. Streep and the text with her character.  1983 wow, what a long career and she's aged well but she looks very youthful there.  I like the color style in the center best, but the others are a nice additional/alternate style.  Seems like a difficult to acquire set, especially in good condition.  Nice win.