Author Topic: AMC Theaters special screenings  (Read 6115 times)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
AMC Theaters special screenings
« on: October 26, 2011, 07:36:29 PM »
AMC Theaters is having a screening for Ghostbusters tomorrow night (10/27/2011).  They usually don't have a big announcement or anything like that, so I figured I'd let y'all know.  If anyone wants to mention when they are having special screenings for movies, especially classics, that would be awesome.

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
Re: AMC Theaters special screenings
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 04:49:27 AM »
This isn't an AMC exclusive.  An independant near me has two shows.

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 07:59:12 AM »
Poster?

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »
This isn't an AMC exclusive.  An independant near me has two shows.

Thanks for the clarification, Archie.  AMC are the only theaters that have special screenings in my area, but if you want you can start a thread and mention other theaters that are having special screenings.  wynk  I figured I'd start this thread since they don't seem to market them very well, as I've missed a few they had and would've liked to seen on the big screen.

Poster?

Good question Dale, I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:09:31 AM by NeoLoco »

Offline ddilts399

• Hoarder
    • .5% of my collection online
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 11:40:38 PM »
These limited re-release deals if they print a poster up can be some really rare stuff. I know T has a Poltergeist I would like to get my hands on. I picked up a few Scarface re-release posters from this year and haven't caught one come up for sale yet. The LOTR poster I saw 2 sell.

In general they tend to be some majorly tough stuff to get a hold of.

I have been looking for the Elm St. re-releases for ever and never have been able to confirm if the 4 were ever printed up in 27x40 size. Same with the Halloween re-release, I know there were 50 or so given away, but never seen one sell.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 01:17:31 PM »
These limited re-release deals if they print a poster up can be some really rare stuff. I know T has a Poltergeist I would like to get my hands on. I picked up a few Scarface re-release posters from this year and haven't caught one come up for sale yet. The LOTR poster I saw 2 sell.

I have been looking for the Elm St. re-releases for ever and never have been able to confirm if the 4 were ever printed up in 27x40 size. Same with the Halloween re-release, I know there were 50 or so given away, but never seen one sell.

Very interesting, Dale.  One would think that considering the availability of most newer posters that there would be plenty of the latest wave of re-releases for sale.  I haven't seen any for the Ghostbusters re-release outside a couple theaters, but this style may be a new form of unicorn, huh?  I meant to ask some people at the theater, but I was running late, and of course there was some woman in front of me who had to tell to the girl at the ticket booth all about her school, then at the concession took 5 minutes talking to the guy about the $18 special for fries, chicken fingers, and a drink, before there was a brief pause and I said "can I just get a large Coke, please?"  ;D 

Offline archie leach

• Hoarder
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 06:20:51 PM »
Like Dale said, For these one (or two) off showings they usually don't bother with full print runs...

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 08:27:28 PM »
Like Dale said, For these one (or two) off showings they usually don't bother with full print runs...

Ghostbusters actually had 3 showings at select AMC theaters...  But yeah, it all makes perfect sense now.  Thanks, Archie.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2014, 02:13:55 PM »

Spartacus (1960) is showing at select AMC Theatres tonight.

https://www.amctheatres.com/amc-classics-series

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 12:56:16 AM »
Back to the Future tomorrow and the 28th.

Raiders June 1 and 4

Godfather 1&2 at the end of june.
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2014, 04:19:28 PM »
Pretty cool lineup for Classics in July, starting with Will Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, on Wednesday.

At select AMC Theatres, there is a special double feature on July 10, with Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.  They're giving away this lanyard and limited edition poster:

https://www.amctheatres.com/movie-news/2014/06/tix-now-available-for-special-dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes-double-feature-event?utm_campaign=organic&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 11:49:11 PM »
How cool is that?
Anyone here get this swag?

guest4637

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 12:12:46 AM »
How cool is that?

I got the poster (several actually)not the lanyard. The posters were just lying around on Friday night when I went to see it. A pile of 'em, no one seemed to want or care. It is pretty nice tho.

guest8

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 08:08:04 PM »
I got the poster (several actually)not the lanyard. The posters were just lying around on Friday night when I went to see it. A pile of 'em, no one seemed to want or care. It is pretty nice tho.

You wouldn't want to let one of those go would you? :)

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 08:39:21 PM »
How cool is that?

Yeah.  The print is OK.  Seeing the double feature was awesome.  8)

Wow.  At the AMC theaters around here, they are the ultra strict with gifting posters to people.

guest4637

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 10:25:56 PM »
You wouldn't want to let one of those go would you? :)

sure I can, send me a pm if interested.

Offline Neo

• Hoarder
    • My photobucket
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2014, 02:40:25 PM »
Select AMC Theaters are screening Scarface (1983) tonight at 7:00.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 04:20:13 PM by NeoLoco »

Online eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2014, 08:48:24 PM »

Yeah, Ghosbusters has a DS poster.  I got it a couple weeks ago.  Nothing out of this world.

T

My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2014, 11:13:33 PM »
Yeah, Ghosbusters has a DS poster.  I got it a couple weeks ago.  Nothing out of this world.

T

Agree with you, T. It looks like an afterthought (with what appears to be the bad cut 'n paste trio at the bottom)

Too bad.

:-\
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 11:15:24 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2014, 06:59:28 PM »
Pissed me off that Columbia didn't insist upon something new for that re-release.

Y'know, something that might draw people into theaters like posters are supposed to do.

It officially gets my vote for worst poster of 2014.