Author Topic: Another Emovieposter Auction - Reprint Poster Sold as Original  (Read 32768 times)

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
Re: Another Emovieposter Auction - Reprint Poster Sold as Original
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2018, 07:02:20 PM »
Oh, I think I get it now - the incorrect information remains since you are unsure if it is a commercial reprint or not, but you have excluded it from showing in your search results.
The Online Reference to Japanese Sci-Fi Posters:
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2018, 07:09:54 PM »
That site is not on eMoviePoster.com and no one ever goes there for past auction results, because they only archive them for a while.

But since it is SO important, I will attempt to have the owners of that site remove the result as well.

We (eMoviePoster.com) hold 2,500 to 4,000 auctions every four weeks.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2018, 08:13:38 PM »
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4823161

That site is not on eMoviePoster.com

The auction site is on emovieposter.com (look at the auction url), though it is run by a 3rd party integrated into emovieposter.com
It is easy for Joe Public to be confused by this.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:14:46 PM by 50s »

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2018, 08:21:10 PM »
The auction site is on emovieposter.com (look at the auction url), though it is run by a 3rd party integrated into emovieposter.com
It is easy for Joe Public to be confused by this.

It is NOT on eMoviePoster.com and it is not "integrated into eMoviePoster.com", no more so than a web page on MoviePoster.com that had a URL of  "http://www.emovieposter.com.google" would be on the google site.

Nevertheless, I will ask that site to delete that page.
We have auctioned more movie paper for more money (in real sales) than any auction in the world.
We have the longest continuously running auctions of any auction, with over 1,914,280 to date from over 3,192 consignors.
See all of our current auctions in one gallery here: http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/all.html

Offline 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2018, 09:00:21 PM »
It is integrated into your emovieposter.com URL. as your subdomain "auction" of auction.emovieposter.com points to the 3rd party auction. This pointing/integration has been done by your team (or whoever owns/has access to emovieposter.com URL) not the auction company.

Having auction results from the auction company end up in EMP results archive also shows some form of integration between the two.

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2018, 10:29:16 PM »
Sounds like bruce was right... So I guess this thread should dissappear from the archive?

guest4531

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2018, 05:50:52 AM »
I guess we may be none the wiser about each others' words in perpetuity...  That said, and in the interests of second chance, I was only asking of those aware of the gag, to make others who are not aware, aware.  Thereby making everyone feel comfortable as opposed to excluded.

Amen.

Funny, last time I engaged here and ask for "expert" advice,  the thread went into similar form.   Simes gave me a complete guessed answer, followed by below-zero justifications using pompous terms like "Sir" to defend his previous post... to finally admit, between five inside jokes about Bond expert, that he was facetious and humble at the same time, giving me estimate which were actually offerings.   The thread end up without a single interesting answer (except ocularbeing) but lot of totally uninteresting answers.

...and if we agree, we, and the internet, is an all inclusive environment, so as not to alienate any newcomers, would a brief sentence to explain encourage our brethren unto our bosom?

We are clearly none the wiser about each others Simes (I had to Google this one, I understand it means we will never go along, isn't it?; English is not my primary language), I don't need your facetious gibbering bible-jargon or whatever it is (is the quoted sentence above even English and understandable, I wonder ?), and I have no interest for a second chance as talking with you/understanding you is harder than talking to/understanding a five year boy.  We are done here !   

I know you are not a "Bond expert", let me ask, are you a priest or a vicar ?  Only a priest or a vicar would come out with such old archaic English mumbo-jumbo (from Crusade to Amen passing by bosom and brethren)! 

guest4531

« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2018, 06:06:12 AM »
I just find the whole thing confusing, and the only thing I am sure of is that there is something about this incident that remains hidden.

When I see something wrong about a listing, I generally report it.  Different auction houses tend to have varying reactions, but emovie.com has always responded quickly and, where necessary, either repaired or withdrawn the listing.  My experience is so different that I tend to believe that something about attitude, etc caused this reaction.  emovieposter did note that the authenticity was controversial and offered to let the buyer off the hook.

And, Jayn_J, that's the all problem about this forum, a concentrate of the intimate and collusive poster-collector world, who are retaining and/or divulging information primary for their own purpose.    Most of my threads/posts about fake Thai posters ended up in even more confusing state and no answer (although I got answer by PMs), so I am not sure about nice answers below about telling the truth and help each other, I got a completely different experience, more like don't speak out and beware of what you are saying here.  There is lot of secrecy indeed. I thing I know for sure, I am not the first one to leave this forum.

I have tried other places, same people, same stuff (if not duplicate), same attitude.

Cheers

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2018, 10:35:38 AM »
It is NOT on eMoviePoster.com and it is not "integrated into eMoviePoster.com", no more so than a web page on MoviePoster.com that had a URL of  "http://www.emovieposter.com.google" would be on the google site.

Nevertheless, I will ask that site to delete that page.

Still unsure as to why you wouldn't update your actual sale to the correct information, but on behalf of collectors everywhere who might be misled by the false information I appreciate you taking the time to get that other site to remove it.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2018, 12:36:10 PM »
And, Jayn_J, that's the all problem about this forum, a concentrate of the intimate and collusive poster-collector world, who are retaining and/or divulging information primary for their own purpose.    Most of my threads/posts about fake Thai posters ended up in even more confusing state and no answer (although I got answer by PMs), so I am not sure about nice answers below about telling the truth and help each other, I got a completely different experience, more like don't speak out and beware of what you are saying here.  There is lot of secrecy indeed. I thing I know for sure, I am not the first one to leave this forum.

I have tried other places, same people, same stuff (if not duplicate), same attitude.

Cheers

Hey BB,

I think we have all posted or started threads that got little or nor replies.

And at the same time, if members don't have or know the answer to yours (or anyone's) questions, then that is why members dont reply, either. I'm sure some dont reply, even of they might have an answer or theory on a question, but I would think those are in the minority.

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2018, 01:24:52 PM »
OMG, this thread is still going...  notworthy.gif

Big Boss, so many of our threads go unanswered.  That's the nature of a forum.  I don't reply to threads that do not interest me, I don't comment on posters I don't like or care for, and so on.  Others do the same with my stuff.  How many posters have I posted with crickets for reply?  There is nothing wrong with that.  People care for some stuff and don't for other.  Mel posts a lot of comments that get no traction, yet he keeps going because he knows his comments are being read by many.  We all have different tastes and different interests.  You cannot assume that what is important to you will be to others.  Sometimes you'll get an answer, sometimes not.  Maybe it's not something for you, but that's how it is.

T
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 04:31:03 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline jayn_j

• Hoarder
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2018, 02:14:28 PM »

Cheers

Not sure what you are looking for.  My collecting is personal to me.  I don't need personal validation.  Sometime I get something that I am so excited about that I post it.  As often as not, I get crickets back.  Just happened here today.

When someone asks a question, I will answer if I have knowledge of the subject.  I'd rather stay silent than spread mis-information, and I don't pretend to be an expert on any of this.  There is always someone out there who has better/more direct information.  I've been collecting for 30 years, but mostly isolated from the core groups of dealers.

I come here to listen to the experience of others, to visit with friends, and sometimes to hear the stories.  I ignore the knowitalls as it really doesn't apply to me.
-Jay-

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2018, 07:36:58 PM »
The item is now removed from both sites.

See http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4823161

And of course, the title of this thread is in no way correct. The two posters in question are ones where an American Godzilla expert claims they are DVD inserts, and a Japanese poster expert claims they were first used theatrically. Since no one has presented definitive proof either way, I have removed both posters from our Auction History (and from the site that hosts our auctions), and I will never again auction either poster until someone does present definitive proof either way.

The honorable thing to do would be to change the title of this thread to something like "Emovieposter Auctions Reputed DVD Posters As Theatrical" but I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2018, 07:46:43 PM »
Sean is 100% correct on this.
The illustration version B2 posters he pointed out are commercial reprints.  Only the B1 sizes are legitimate cinema posters.

Armin

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2018, 11:39:55 PM »
And of course, the title of this thread is in no way correct. The two posters in question are ones where an American Godzilla expert claims they are DVD inserts, and a Japanese poster expert claims they were first used theatrically. Since no one has presented definitive proof either way, I have removed both posters from our Auction History (and from the site that hosts our auctions), and I will never again auction either poster until someone does present definitive proof either way.

The honorable thing to do would be to change the title of this thread to something like "Emovieposter Auctions Reputed DVD Posters As Theatrical" but I won't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

I never claimed that is was a DVD insert (and we are talking about one poster, I am not sure what the second poster is of which you are speaking) .
Did you even read the what I wrote about the how and why those commercial reprints were made?
Did you tell this set of facts to your Japanese poster expert and ask him if he may have been mistaken?

I won't hold my breath for that either.

The title of the thread is 100% correct.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 11:51:50 PM by crowzilla »
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #90 on: January 24, 2018, 10:54:20 AM »
Just reading the latest in this thread, and I guess I missed something.

Where was it suggested or mentioned that the poster discussed was a "DVD insert" type of poster? (And what is a "DVD insert?" What size would that be?)   dontknow.gif

As far as changing the thread title to something like that, when there was no previous reference to it being some kind of DVD poster, would make the thread totally confusing (imho).

In addition, thread posts or thread titles are not changed or altered, unless the author of a particular post, or creator of a thread, asks that something be amended, added or changed (or to replace a lost or damaged photo link).

Of course, if something is posted that is outright nasty, attacking, name calling, etc, those kinds of things might be removed entirely, as Holiday indicated in a thread of his, a while back: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,7639.msg142643.html#msg142643
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 11:59:35 AM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #91 on: January 24, 2018, 11:19:09 AM »
And why mention "American" Godzilla expert and "Japanese" poster expert?

What does nationality have to do with anything?

Unless you are somehow saying he is an expert on Japanese posters (like Armin Junge who also stated it's a commercial reprint)
and the other person is an expert on American Godzilla items, but that makes no sense in this context.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2018, 10:36:22 AM »
bumped just because we don't know what poster Bruce is even talking about and apparently didn't read the explanation I posted on the first page.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline BruceH

• Hoarder
    • eMoviePoster.com
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2018, 02:12:09 PM »
I got the information about the DVD insert from the post that started this thread, to wit:

"I also informed him that this Ohrai poster he is selling as a teaser is actually a bonus for the CD Soundtrack (it is even labeled as such in Japanese at the bottom with the Toshiba/EMI catalog numbers) made by the Toho Fan Club, but that also fell on deaf ears.
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4823162"

I guess that is a different poster that was also being complained about, and I apologize for referencing the wrong poster.

To sum up, however, there was a poster that one "expert" said was one thing, and another said was another. Since neither supplied definitive proof either way, I emailed the buyer all the information I had received, and offered to take the poster back. He replied that he wanted to keep it.

Now I have removed the item from our Auction History, and also gotten the site that hosts our auctions to remove the closed auction. If anyone were to offer me this poster again (and you would think there are tons of them out there, being that it is supposedly a commercial reprint), I will refuse to auction another one, unless I am given definitive proof as to what it is.

Most of you know this, but I (and my 29 employees) prepare 3,000 auctions a week (which can be found at http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/13.html, http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/14.html, and http://www.emovieposter.com/agallery/15.html).

There is NO way we won't make a few mistakes with this volume. When we are alerted to a mistake, we fix it.

Anyone who only wants to deal with a mistake-free auction company is free to do so, and anyone who feels this thread reflects poorly on us should absolutely stop having any dealings with us.

Thanks!

Offline MoviePosterBid.com

• Post-aholic
    • MoviePosterBid.com only movie memorabilia
« Reply #94 on: January 25, 2018, 02:46:07 PM »
Sean is 100% correct on this.
The illustration version B2 posters he pointed out are commercial reprints.  Only the B1 sizes are legitimate cinema posters.

Armin

Armin makes two 'experts'

considering that both Sean Armin are themselves globally recognized 'experts' in Japanese posters, the attempt to downgrade Sean's expertise is a silly exercise

They are the go-to guys for anything JP

Movieposterbid.com is the FIRST All-Movie Poster Auction Site. We're not #1, but we try harder
"LIKE" MoviePosterBid.com on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/Movieposterbidcom

-------

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #95 on: January 25, 2018, 04:23:16 PM »
I got the information about the DVD insert from the post that started this thread, to wit:
"I also informed him that this Ohrai poster he is selling as a teaser is actually a bonus for the CD Soundtrack (it is even labeled as such in Japanese at the bottom with the Toshiba/EMI catalog numbers) made by the Toho Fan Club, but that also fell on deaf ears.
http://auctions.emovieposter.com/Bidding.taf?_function=detail&Auction_uid1=4823162"

Yes, the "this other" was pointing out that a Toho Fan Club poster was also not a theatrical one - but it was a different poster to the first one linked and the one an explanation was posted about and certainly has nothing to do with DVDs.

Do you not find it interesting that in the couple of decades since this movie came out, and despite selling over 1,000,000 posters, with multiple examples of most every 90s Godzilla poster, that you were never offered this piece until the commercial reprint set came out?

Most of you know this, but I (and my 29 employees) prepare 3,000 auctions a week
There is NO way we won't make a few mistakes with this volume. When we are alerted to a mistake, we fix it.

I noted this prior - "I understand that when you list almost 150,000 items a year, sometimes you will make a mistake, and the fact that we don't have a weekly thread on mistakes shows it isn't often - but i just wish that when someone who has demonstrated expertise in an area points out one of those mistakes (like me with Godzilla, or Tang Lung with Bruce Lee) that they would listen a little more closely. "

And as this thread points out, you clearly didn't listen when someone alerted you to a mistake.

My information came straight from Toho, how is that not reliable, and not more credible than someone who said, "yes I saw this image 25 years ago in a theater" - which I already pointed out, could very likely have happened? 

I have no idea who your expert is, other than that they are Japanese which I guess automatically makes them at least as credible as someone who has literally spent decades gathering information on this niche.
To me that is like saying John Kisch is only as good an expert on Black Cast posters as someone who is black, simply because they are black.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2018, 11:11:50 AM »
Nearly 2,000 views.

I guess some people do care that Emovieposter ignores experts and willing sells a commercial reprint as original.
www.Kaijuposters.com

Offline Crazy Vick

• Hoarder

Online crowzilla

• Hoarder
    • Kaiju Poster Database
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2018, 03:23:15 PM »
Good idea.

Beach party anyone?