Propaganda & War Posters > Propaganda - Latest Acquisitions

November 2017

<< < (2/2)

DekeThornton:

--- Quote from: MoviePosterBid.com on November 09, 2017, 01:54:14 PM ---nice pieces Deke

since you like pin-up stuff, here is my Rolf Armstrong circa 1940.
I used to have quite a bit of original pin-up art, including Elvgren, Mozert, Macpherson, Dribben and others

this is by Robert Kalifutti (name may not be spelled correctly, piece is locked away also)

--- End quote ---

That Rolf Armstrong piece is great, Rich!

I have recently started branching out from posters and dipping my toe a bit into original magazine cover and political cartoon art (still stuff from Mexico). I should share more of it on APF. I haven't bought any original pin-up art though. Those prices tend to be above my typical price range in any case :)

What did you do with your other art?  Was it inventory you had as a dealer, or a personal collection?

guest4531:

--- Quote from: DekeThornton on November 14, 2017, 01:18:32 AM ---That Rolf Armstrong piece is great, Rich!

I have recently started branching out from posters and dipping my toe a bit into original magazine cover and political cartoon art (still stuff from Mexico). I should share more of it on APF. I haven't bought any original pin-up art though. Those prices tend to be above my typical price range in any case :)

What did you do with your other art?  Was it inventory you had as a dealer, or a personal collection?

--- End quote ---

You should know Dr Lakra then, a famous Mexican artists drawing over magazine covers and images.  His studio in Oaxacca is full of vintage magazine, pinups, and posters -

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version