Author Topic: November 2017  (Read 22402 times)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
Re: November 2017
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2017, 05:47:09 PM »
I'd love to know why there are some JP posters done only in English, too. I've never quite understood that, either.

Is there anything on this poster that shows it being printed in Japan? (Or maybe it wasn't?)

I was hoping it looked something like the B2 theatrical:
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 05:48:15 PM by erik1925 »

-Jeff

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2017, 01:01:21 PM »
It does, this is the back. There is nothing that would tie this poster to Japan, except the B1 size and the fact that I purchased it from Japan. It also has some hangers (which I've removed) which are the same as some other Japanese posters I own. Although I wouldn't stand up in court and say it was Japanese I'm fairly sure it it.

Not sure why they would use English text though.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2017, 01:44:30 PM »
Great imagery, all the way around..front AND back. Congrats again on the purchase and addition to your collection. clap clap

-Jeff

Offline skyjackers

• Hoarder
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2017, 02:45:59 PM »
Many thanks! cheers

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2017, 02:48:07 PM »
I like, too, that it's a double sided poster, with TWO completely different image styles on the front and back.

It's like you got a 2-for-1 Special!  :D

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2017, 12:39:13 AM »
Nothing special, a few from the past couple of weeks, things I was still missing... and my 3rd Once Upon a Time in the West, just because the price was right.  The Halloween is kinda fun, though.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Simes

• Hoarder
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2017, 05:00:28 AM »
3rd?!

Why?

Need something other than a right price...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2017, 11:48:54 AM »
I know, it's something I do and it's stupid.  If I see something and the price is too good to pass, I get it.  Now the stupid part comes from the fact that since I never sell, it ends up in a drawer and it makes no sense.  I have to stop.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2017, 11:55:44 AM »
You always look for the best condition poster, but it you lined up all of these 3 copies side by side, would they basically be identical, condition-wise?

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2017, 01:04:19 PM »
They are all mint.  I only buy sub condition posters if I cannot find them mint.  Otherwise, I wait.  There are other posters I need to fulfill my craving...  ;D

T
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:05:27 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Charlie

• Collector
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2017, 01:10:25 PM »
I know, it's something I do and it's stupid.  If I see something and the price is too good to pass, I get it.  Now the stupid part comes from the fact that since I never sell, it ends up in a drawer and it makes no sense.  I have to stop.

T

It could be worse - you forget you have something and buy it again... It has happened to me a couple times.  Two for the Road and Paris When is Sizzles are great examples.  I kept getting these two confused and which one I had. So I have two of each now - I think. ;) 

When I was actively backing stuff - I would buy a second or third just because they were in poor condition they are price right.  I have a extra Superman, Cat on Hot Tin Roof HS, Funny Face OS, two extra Scarface OS, and an extra Mad Max US OS... All still waiting to be restored.

Offline erik1925

• Post-aholic
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2017, 01:23:05 PM »
They are all mint.  I only buy sub condition posters if I cannot find them mint.  Otherwise, I wait.  There are other posters I need to fulfill my craving...  ;D

T

Mint is a good thing to crave... and besides, it tastes & looks good, too!  ;D ;D

-Jeff

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #112 on: November 29, 2017, 07:42:08 PM »
It could be worse - you forget you have something and buy it again... It has happened to me a couple times.  Two for the Road and Paris When is Sizzles are great examples.  I kept getting these two confused and which one I had. So I have two of each now - I think. ;) 

When I was actively backing stuff - I would buy a second or third just because they were in poor condition they are price right.  I have a extra Superman, Cat on Hot Tin Roof HS, Funny Face OS, two extra Scarface OS, and an extra Mad Max US OS... All still waiting to be restored.

Glad to know I'm not the only one :)  What I have the most of I think is Star Wars, 3 dated revenge, 4 style A, 3 ESB GWTW...  The rest of it, it's just 2 of this, 2 of that, sometimes 3, like Once Upon a Time...  I don't want to have doubles and triples, but if the price is right...  I see a lot of folks at Emovie buying the same posters over and over and over again, so I know there are more crazies out there.  The difference is, they don't seem to care about price or condition.  I do.

Lobby cards, that's a different story, because not everything I have is on my website, and I don't always have access to my spreadsheet, so I forget and re-buy.  I have a lot of multiples there.

T
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 07:52:15 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2017, 11:44:10 AM »

T

Many of us with much less cash than you would appreciate it if you did.  ;D
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2017, 12:39:10 PM »
Hey Mike, how many identical Star Wars posters do you own again?  Do you even know?

notworthy.gif

T
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2017, 01:01:39 PM »
I wouldn't worry, I have the Star wars Quad 5 times.... eyeroll
It's more than a Hobby...

guest4531

« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2017, 01:30:23 AM »
Ahahaha !!! 

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2017, 11:15:00 AM »
I wouldn't worry, I have the Star wars Quad 5 times.... eyeroll

5 Star Wars Quads Chantrell awards...  blahblah

5 Star Wars Quads Chantrell pre-awards...  happy1
5 Star Wars Quads Hildebrandt...   cheers

T
My Personal Collection

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2017, 11:35:33 AM »
One pre oscar, and 4 with the oscars.   I turned down the Hildebrandt version twice in the 70's, still kicking myself, but I didn't like it, but loved the Chantrell design..
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:37:06 AM by paul waines »

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2017, 11:48:25 AM »
One pre oscar, and 4 with the oscars.   I turned down the Hildebrandt version twice in the 70's, still kicking myself, but I didn't like it, but loved the Chantrell design..

I think the Hildebrandt is amazing in person.  Give it another try.  The Chantrell is alright, but maybe I've seen it too much.  Between the US style C and the common quad, it's not that special anymore.  To me at least.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Undead

• Hoarder
    • Undead.net
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2017, 12:13:24 PM »
Many of us with much less cash than you would appreciate it if you did.  ;D

Believe it or not I have very few duplicates a this point. When I upgrade I offer the lesser one up here or send it to Bruce to sell. Of the duplicates I do have I think only one is technically a key poster. Any others are stupidly common.

I am missing a few key posters but getting a deal on them with you around is not always easy.  ;D Yes I am busting your chops.
Undead.net Coming Soon...ish to a nightmare near you!
Just bleach the bitch!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2017, 02:56:40 PM »
I am missing a few key posters but getting a deal on them with you around is not always easy.  ;D Yes I am busting your chops.

So I went thru my list and as of TODAY I still need to buy 51 posters from the original trilogy to be happy with my collection.  No billboard posters, not interest in those, but anything smaller in a must. 

23 US and 28 Foreign posters.

I promise to leave it alone once I'm done :)

T

My Personal Collection

Offline Monster_A_GoGo

• Hoarder
« Reply #122 on: December 02, 2017, 02:57:03 AM »
Sean Phillips artist. Janus rerelease.

Glad this thread is still open. Nice find. i've never seen this poster before. Very cool.

CHEERS!
Let me introduce myself: http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9291.0.html View my collection thread (if you DARE!!!):  http://www.allposterforum.com/index.php/topic,9480.0.html  See it on my blog (withOUT Photobucket watermarks) here:  https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=5730339618306790065#allposts/src=sidebar CHEERS!

Offline paul waines

• Curator
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2017, 03:03:05 AM »
I think the Hildebrandt is amazing in person.  Give it another try.  The Chantrell is alright, but maybe I've seen it too much.  Between the US style C and the common quad, it's not that special anymore.  To me at least.

T

I would love one now, but I'm not paying the silly prices. I'll bide my time, one will turn up at a some point at a sensible price...

Offline mahmudf

• Hobbyist
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2017, 09:18:04 AM »
I would love one now, but I'm not paying the silly prices. I'll bide my time, one will turn up at a some point at a sensible price...

I'm the opposite of you Paul I have 2 rolled Hildebrandts but no Chantrels at this point