Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 5069 times)

rjlawnic

Hello All
« on: September 23, 2010, 11:11:13 PM »
I am a new guy to the forum, my name is Ryan Lawniczak.  I collect pieces from Phish shows, Mondotees, and miscellaneous concerts that I've been to.  My favorite artists that are working today are Tyler Stout, Martin Ansin, and Jim Pollock.  Last year at Alpine Valley, a friend and I met Jim Pollock.  He was very friendly and my friend and I spoke to him about work, Phish, etc for 30 minutes or so.  I hope all is well throughout the forum and I'll talk to you people later.

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 11:24:19 PM »
Hey Ryan,

Glad you made it.

To answer your PM question, Stout is my fav, then Ansin, then Danger (although I own very little of his).  It's all very subjective, though.  Some people think Stout is too busy.  I don't.  That's what makes the world go 'round, right?

Here are my 2 favorite Alamo posters so far:

Enjoy the forum and show us your collection when you get a chance.  Don't be shy.   cool1

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline Harry Caul

• Curator
    • Marquee Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:28:53 PM »
Last year at Alpine Valley...

Welcome!  Are you from the brew city area?  That is where I'm from, but I've lived a dozen places since...

Offline supraman079

• Global Moderator
  • Collector
    • Supraman079's Poster Website
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 12:08:54 AM »
Welcome!   8)

Offline brude

• Post-aholic
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 08:53:21 AM »
 welcome1  Ryan!

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 09:27:01 AM »
Welcome to that show that never ends.  :)

Offline CSM

• Post-aholic
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2010, 10:50:56 AM »
Welcome...judging by eBay there sure seems to be an avid Phish concert poster collecting community!
Chris

rjlawnic

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 05:53:19 PM »
Yeah, there are a great deal of Phishheads that love their posters.  T, I couldn't agree more that Tyler's work is very busy, but I think that's what makes it fun.  Unfortunately, I don't own "the Thing" poster, but it is a favorite movie of mine.  I got started with the posters from Phish shows.  The first piece that I saw of Tyler Stout's was the Phish show from Deer Creek 2009.  After looking up more work, I found the Alamo pieces and so on.  So now I have Ansin pieces, Moss pieces, Cooper pieces, and so on and so on.  What I don't get is that people will buy the work from the artist, then immediately sell it on Ebay without enjoying the work.  I understand that we live in Capitalistic society, but I feel you should enjoy the prints by displaying, collecting, or looking at them.

-Ryan

Offline kovacs01

• Global Moderator
  • Hoarder
    • My Poster Gallery
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 11:07:12 PM »
Welcome to the forum Ryan!
Schan
Thanks.  You know what you did.
My Poster Gallery