Author Topic: Meansheets  (Read 3054 times)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Meansheets
« on: September 20, 2010, 11:46:26 PM »
Not trying to promote his stuff because he's a member of this forum, but Russ runs a damn good blog.

Check it out at http://meansheets.com/

Really informative if you love movie posters.

T
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 06:00:21 PM by eatbrie »
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Meansheet
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 09:05:11 PM »
bump.

For those of you who still haven't visited Russ' blog, do yourself a favor.  Really informative and well designed.

T
My Personal Collection

- I wish to thank all APF members for being part of the World's Largest Social Gathering of Movie Poster Collectors
- "Wishing you the best of luck with All Poster Forum and in encouraging others to appreciate the magical art of film posters" - Martin Scorsese (2009)

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 03:37:14 PM »
Yearly bump.

My favorite poster blog out there.

http://meansheets.com/

T
My Personal Collection

Meansheets

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 10:32:11 PM »
Thanks, T., I appreciate the kind words! And on a personal note, though I sometimes give Thierry a hard time for out-bidding me on all those beautiful Frenchie 1p's out there--I can personally attest to the man's generosity, as just a few weeks ago, I badly wanted a poster on ebay.fr that refused to ship to USA (you know how difficult the French can be!)...

Anyway, so who do I call to help vouch for me and complete the transaction? Eatbrie, baby! That's what I call a true International movie poster friend.

Okay, enough w/all the mushy gushing...The next original Mascii that goes up for auction under $10 is all MINE!!!

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2012, 10:34:57 PM »
You forgot to mention that I actually hand carried it all the way from Paris to L.A.
My Personal Collection

Meansheets

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 10:44:38 AM »
Thought I'd keep that on the down-low, so customs doesn't hassle "The Movie Poster Smuggler"...

Offline eatbrie

• Administrator
  • Post-aholic
    • My Posters
Re: Meansheets
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 06:02:53 PM »
Sadly, one of the best poster blogs out there is ending.

http://meansheets.com/

Good work, Russ.  You have better taste in posters than anyone I know and your blog certainly reflected it.

T
My Personal Collection

Offline Zorba

• Curator
  • Lets dance!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 06:35:24 PM »
Why? What happened?

Is a great blog.

Online 50s

• Curator
  • Steve
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 09:47:35 PM »
That a bummer. There was so much work put into it. I can understand if it became too time consuming (maintaining Wordpress and its plugins is a pain in the butt and also the blog writeups must be time consuming too). The write ups I enjoyed as much as the posters. However, MeanSheets is on Pinterest with poster pics but no writeups. Thanks MeanSheets for having provided the great MeanSheets blog.

This might be a good time to mention to those who have poster websites, that adding a "Pin it" link next to your poster images will help get your web page circulated more on the web via social media. Pinterest seems to be booming and is tailored for sharing images via social media. Here is an example of how I use the link on my site ("Pin it" button located under the first image)